Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You didn't see merrit's post in the general US forum then, it was almost word for word the same as one blondie posted there before...but I think it's gone now...notice merrit is no longer a member either...
No; I don't read much of this forum as it isn't worth my time. And I assume this happened last night; I rarely get online during the evening anymore. My comment about the poster was in reference to the posts I've seen in this thread. Blondie was a lot more personally insulting in her posts...and I believe she's still a member, too.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-26-2009 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-26-2009, 04:43 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
No; I don't read much of this forum as it isn't worth my time. And I assume this happened last night; I rarely get online during the evening anymore. My comment about the poster in reference to the posts I've seen in this thread. Blondie was a lot more personally insulting in her posts...and I believe she's still a member, too.
humm it didn't go thru....could be this being really not feeling well right now that I didn't hit the submit button...I said to Met that the posts have the same tone as Blondie just the nasty words haven't come yet!!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Yes, it does look like they hate pulling a sled...

YouTube - North American
I just watched that video and it was like watching pumped up athletes all eager to compete! They didn't seem to be giving their musher much attention at all...it was all about them and their need to get on the trail! It is apparent they do enjoy what they do and the freezing was one of those "fluke" hazzards that all athletes endure. Happens on sport teams all the time! These dogs probably have more tlc and health care than ordinary household pets. Thank you for sharing this video clip! It made me feel happy to see how happy the dogs were!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
No; I don't read much of this forum as it isn't worth my time. And I assume this happened last night; I rarely get online during the evening anymore. My comment about the poster in reference to the posts I've seen in this thread. Blondie was a lot more personally insulting in her posts...and I believe she's still a member, too.
Oh the nastiness was there in the thread in the general forum, yeah it was last night, still there early this morning but gone later...calling for all Americans to boycott Alaska, saying Alaskans gas wolf pups in their dens, and more...

Old 03-26-2009, 04:49 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
I just watched that video and it was like watching pumped up athletes all eager to compete! They didn't seem to be giving their musher much attention at all...it was all about them and their need to get on the trail! It is apparent they do enjoy what they do and the freezing was one of those "fluke" hazzards that all athletes endure. Happens on sport teams all the time! These dogs probably have more tlc and health care than ordinary household pets. Thank you for sharing this video clip! It made me feel happy to see how happy the dogs were!
Actually, if the Musher is not attentive, or falls of the sled, the dogs will take off on their own and happily run for miles and miles without a care that no one is behind them.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:50 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Oh the nastiness was there in the thread in the general forum, yeah it was last night, still there early this morning but gone later...calling for all Americans to boycott Alaska, saying Alaskans gas wolf pups in their dens, and more...
Thank Heaven I missed the tedium, then.

There are, however, a lot of people who feel the way that Blondie et al does, and I doubt that they are all the same person. I can't recall the nick of the one who came here and made a few posts about the wolves; but I don't think that was Blondie either. There are a bunch of PETA nuts running around.

Arctic, remember Barbie--the one who had fits when I posted a Duke University study about the Natives practising denning?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Does that mean I can no longer run around with my knives and guns killing every animal I see

Old 03-26-2009, 04:54 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,463 times
WoW! I guess all sports need to be eliminated from American culture due to the risk for the athletes that are encouraged to push themselves to the limit!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Thank Heaven I missed the tedium, then.

There are, however, a lot of people who feel the way that Blondie et al does, and I doubt that they are all the same person. I can't recall the nick of the one who came here and made a few posts about the wolves; but I don't think that was Blondie either. There are a bunch of PETA nuts running around.
Yeah there are a lot of them. But I'm pretty sure it was her, it was nearly word for word the same...or maybe there's a webpage somewhere by them with these posts and they just copy and paste them everywhere.

Quote:
Arctic, remember Barbie--the one who had fits when I posted a Duke University study about the Natives practising denning?
How could I forget...

Old 03-26-2009, 07:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
I don't think I know this Blondie person. This isn't blueeyedgirl that you're talking about, is it? We had a bond over loving Pearl Jam. At least I think that was her name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska