Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 04:53 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,459,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I'm doing good, thanks. I'm at work playing 80's tunes this afternoon. Going through routes to take down states next month. I'm going on vacation for 17 days, can't wait to leave! Road trip!
I like 80's tunes and earlier too. Such as the Beatles, Deep Purple, Queen, Pink Floyd, etc. My vacation for 69 days will be in june 22. I want to fly away to Ukraine. I rest of my soul in the village there.
In the Ukrainian forest, I like to walk around, pick mushrooms, berries ....
http://i023.radikal.ru/0710/60/4317dacd1a13.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Лютый; 04-13-2009 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 05:05 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
blueflame and karfar, thank you all very much for clarifying! I am convinced that this should be very tasty!
Gosh...me think someone should send you a care package with all the ingredients and instructions so you can try them.....ohhhh major good stuff!! Is it possible to mail such things to you...like can goods and dry food items???? probably would be the most expensive Nachos ever but???!!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Yes, I speak Russian, but not on this board

Salsa is a Mexican condiment (I didn't know of it, neither, back then). Mix sweet peppers with tomatoes, onions, add the hottest little feisty green peppers (chilies), sugar, salt, cook a bit. It goes on corn chips, burritoes (flat bread with beans and hamburger), chilies (soup made of hamburger and red beans). Mexican cuisine basically, very widely spread in USA/Canada.

yeah Nuala!! a translator for us!!! glad to have you in the forum!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Gosh...me think someone should send you a care package with all the ingredients and instructions so you can try them.....ohhhh major good stuff!! Is it possible to mail such things to you...like can goods and dry food items???? probably would be the most expensive Nachos ever but???!!!!
Thank you! I can get all ingredients of this sauce here. I'll try to do it myself.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
Quote:
I like 80's tunes and earlier too. Such as the Beatles, Deep Purple, Queen, Pink Floyd, etc. My vacation for 69 days will be in june 22. I want to fly away to Ukraine. I rest of my soul in the village there.
In the Ukrainian forest, I like to walk around, pick mushrooms, berries ....

Hi Lyuty,

Did you know that your 69 days of vacation can give rise to serious jealousy for rest-deprived North Americans??

So you come from Ukraine? Nice, serene pic of that forest. I remember mushroom-hunting (canning them too, yam), but it's not very wide-spread here (am I right?). In fact, I could find no English names for some mushrooms (talk about tongue-tied when trying to describe), and Wikipedia actually gives Russian names (!!!) for those mushrooms. (Bely grib, maslenok, etc.)

Old 04-13-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Glad to be here! Just stumbled on it becase saw a name in Cyrillic Actually I'm on the opposite end of the continent.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Do you need a translator here?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Do you need a translator here?
might need to at some point!!! and it is fun trying to read you language...so without a translator I'd have no idea what the heck your saying!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Hi Lyuty,

Did you know that your 69 days of vacation can give rise to serious jealousy for rest-deprived North Americans??

So you come from Ukraine? Nice, serene pic of that forest. I remember mushroom-hunting (canning them too, yam), but it's not very wide-spread here (am I right?). In fact, I could find no English names for some mushrooms (talk about tongue-tied when trying to describe), and Wikipedia actually gives Russian names (!!!) for those mushrooms. (Bely grib, maslenok, etc.)
I've earned in the extreme northern conditions this long vacation with state-paid round trip With regard to mushrooms, I know that mushroom-hunting is not characterized for the people of America and Canada. And you are right, the names of mushrooms are almost Russian ones.
I'm not from Ukraine but I like to spend my vacation there.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
might need to at some point!!! and it is fun trying to read you language...so without a translator I'd have no idea what the heck your saying!!!
Luyty, sometimes I can see that you translate some Russian phrases/sayngs literally, the English would say it differently.

Would you be open to some nice , gentle advise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska