Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: These "Ethics Complaint" against Honorable Sarah Palin is becoming harassment.
I agree. 12 44.44%
I disagree. 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,091 times

Advertisements

The cost to defend herself from these ethic charges is her cost not the State's. Doesn't she have a legal fund set up for public donations set up specifically to pay her legal fees? She has signed a book deal and rumors are putting the price to the publisher in the millions. No fear, Alaska isn't going to pay and, if she does have that legal fund set up, she isn't either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,778,459 times
Ray, I admire your post- and have to spread the +'s around... but facts are that not all is peachy with Gov. Palin. Hardcore stance on "right and wrong" but her own teen kid is pregnant. Catholic church is all against birth control too, same shot in the foot IMHO. Many other such issues.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Ray, I admire your post- and have to spread the +'s around... but facts are that not all is peachy with Gov. Palin. Hardcore stance on "right and wrong" but her own teen kid is pregnant. Catholic church is all against birth control too, same shot in the foot IMHO. Many other such issues.
However, none of these have anything to do with the ethics lawsuits against her.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:00 PM

True. However "do as I say, not as I do" speaks a load to me.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
The cost to defend herself from these ethic charges is her cost not the State's. Doesn't she have a legal fund set up for public donations set up specifically to pay her legal fees? She has signed a book deal and rumors are putting the price to the publisher in the millions. No fear, Alaska isn't going to pay and, if she does have that legal fund set up, she isn't either.
The State still has to go through the process of investigating ethics complaints against State workers, including the governor. All States do basically the same.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
True. However "do as I say, not as I do" speaks a load to me.
Still, this has nothing to do with the ethics lawsuits, nor with the dismissals of such.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:06 PM

All right, I am broad in comments. This would have fit better in the other "Palin" topic on the forum. Just a note... both seem to be started by the same political spammer.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,091 times
Quote:
All right, I am broad in comments. This would have fit better in the other "Palin" topic on the forum. Just a note... both seem to be started by the same political spammer.
Ryan C. has started 11 threads, 9 are about the 'Honorable Sarah Palin'. He has a total of 15 posts. Looks like he's starting the threads and then abandons them. Hmmm...

Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
Fact is, lawsuits and complaints can be filed but, the only question I have is, what was the outcome - the decision

Regarding these Ethics complaints against the Governor, does anyone know what has been the outcome - the decisions, of these complaints?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 AM

The news of the day is... father and son tem of lawyers wants to join Blagojevich's defense team. Both known for admiring him. Does the outcome of this trial matter?
Yes, it has to be done by law. Yes, the judge allwoed the political campaign funds to be used to pay for reading 500 000 pages of documents and such. If, by some tweak of law he's deemed innocent, will this change my voting choice?
NO. And for Palin- Once tainted by so much controversy, by so many allegations of wrongdoing, by news of... own household being in contradiction to her own political preaching, you expect party line voting to stand behind her? Donno...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: