Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: These "Ethics Complaint" against Honorable Sarah Palin is becoming harassment.
I agree. 12 44.44%
I disagree. 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 PM

16 posts, read 26,073 times

Advertisements

Do you agree or disagree?

See http://www.gov.state.ak.us/news.php?id=1834 . The continuously filings of these unfounded, false complaints against this Honorable and accomplished Governor, Sarah Palin, is, quite simply put, harassment by some ungreatful Alaskans that are filled with a sick & burning hatred against this ethical, intelligent and clean woman, Honorable Sarah Palin.

In fact, just like the "Troopergate" these have been dismissed by fair-minded people. See http://www.adn.com/palin/story/577323.html .

What's your political party and gender?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 06:32 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,250,164 times
Harassment or not, who really cares.
She's about as honorable as a pimple on my a**.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,932 times
Nobody in politics is clean or honorable. End of discussion.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Quote:
this ethical, intelligent and clean woman
That's a mouthfull right there!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C. View Post
In fact, just like the "Troopergate" these have been dismissed by fair-minded people. See New Troopergate report clears Palin: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com .
You obviously don't live up here, and get your news through the filter of the media down south. In the particular case of "Troopergate", it wasn't the firing of Walt Monegan that was the issue (for me at least). She was perfectly within her authority as Governor to do so. The problem is what happened after.

Shen nominated the Chief of the Kenai Police Dept - Pete Kott - to take Walt's position. Shortly after Kott's announcement, a story surfaced that he had a claim of sexual harrassment filed against him in the past.

Palins first press relase to this fact was:

"No. No such claim was ever filed".

Shortly after, her story then changed to:

"Oh yes, we knew about the allegation, but we investigated it and it is unfounded"

It then changed to:

"We asked about the allegation, but we were assured that it had been resolved by the city of Kenai"

Then it changed to:

"We asked him if there ever was an allegation in the interview, but he intentionally didn't tell us"

Finally, when the transcript of the amazingly inadequate 20 MINUTE PHONE INTERVIEW was released, it was revealed that they never even asked and the subject never came up.

She has repeatedly shown these types of inept behaviors in numerous other personell matters which, IMO, indicates some kind of underlying pathologic detachment from reality.

Last edited by Moose Whisperer; 05-13-2009 at 09:08 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM

860 posts, read 2,056,836 times
Well said Moose Whisperer! She is an embarassment to all self respecting "real" Alaskans.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
That's how the political machine works. Why should Alaska be any different than Illinois
You've all heard of Gov. Blagojevich, haven't you?
And to think there are voices of her running for 2012... haha... what a circus that will be. Bimbo in office of a struggling nation. Sorry.... I'm not sexist but what I saw during past election is way enough to set my mind.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
That's how the political machine works. Why should Alaska be any different than Illinois
You've all heard of Gov. Blagojevich, haven't you?
And to think there are voices of her running for 2012... haha... what a circus that will be. Bimbo in office of a struggling nation. Sorry.... I'm not sexist but what I saw during past election is way enough to set my mind.
Wouldn't that be a hoot. Palin/Blago in 2012!

I'll start printing the bumper stickers now!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
It's all about politics. I have been in Alaska for over 30 years, and can tell that Palin has done a lot better than other governors in some things and worst on other things. But what is happening at the moment with the ethics complains and lawsuits is nothing more than a way for some Democrats-who hate her-to keep her down as long as possible. It's a well orchestrated effort, and the downside of it is the money the State of Alaska loses each time. If she would have not stepped into the national politics, then everything would have been fine for her.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 PM

860 posts, read 2,056,836 times
She could stop charging us to live in her own house if she's so worried about expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: