Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:05 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times

Advertisements

How do you like your favorite burgers...type of meat or other, cooking method, toppings, sides, beverages... I am hungry and bored...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 06:14 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Sams Club patties. Biiiiig... grilled, on a wheat bun w lettuce and tomato. Mustard, ketchup. Sometimes A-1 sauce. Pretty basic.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:19 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
How do you like your favorite burgers...type of meat or other, cooking method, toppings, sides, beverages... I am hungry and bored...
I like to use ground sirloin for our burgers and sometimes turkey chopped meat. I always want all of my meat well-done (noooo pink). I add chopped onions, green peppers, an egg or 2, some bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper, and mix it. I make sure it's moist. Then I like to grill them and add cheese, onions, mustard, relish..all that good stuff when they're done. I find the potatoe buns go well with burgers.

I like having baked bean, french fries, and/or macaroni or potatoe salad as sides with a nice cold glass of ice tea. Nothing fancy, but they're good. I'm hungry and bored also. Tonight we're going to have grilled kielbasi (I like putting it on a good bun, adding mustard and a slice of onion), and macaroni and cheese.

Now I'm realllly hungry and good go for a good rib-eye steak, garden salad, french fries or a baked potatoe with sour cream, and warm, buttered dinner rolls, but gonna settle for the fried kielbasi.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Quote:
I add chopped onions, green peppers, an egg or 2, some bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper, and mix it.
I do that all the time too but do not consider it a burger... in polish cuisine it is done in a pan and very popular. And eaten on a plate with potatoes, salad and such. But I do it on a grill too and eat them like burgers. Very tasty.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Cheeseburg with ham. A slab of ham. None of that thin sliced lunchmeat. Topped with a ring of pipeapple.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,250,164 times
I'll mix the ground beef, close to 1/2 lb per patty, up with egg, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, chopped onion, garlic and pepper, make patties. Then cook to a mid-rare to medium, charred. For a topping, I like best chopped olives and mayo mixed, that's all.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:53 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
OK, here it goes. A few days ago I decided not to use the BBQ grill, and used instead a George Foremen "Lean..." something electric grill my oldest son gave me a couple of years ago. This is what I did:

INGREDIENTS
-Plenty of home-made Italian dressing with extra virgin olive oil
-Mrs. Dash seasoning
-Large onion, chopped
-Vinegar
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Hamburger patties, thawed

I coated the hamburgers with the Italian dressing, and then placed six of them on the Foreman grill. It took approximately 10 minutes (or less) for the burgers to cook through. While the hamburgers were cooking, I fried the onions on olive oil, and just when about done, poured a little vinegar and let it fry a few seconds longer. Preheated the oven to around 300 degrees.

Placed the cooked hamburgers on a baking pan, poured a little Italian dressing over the top of each burger, sprinkled a little Mr. Dash on the oil on to of the hamburgers, covered the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and placed in the oven. Then I grilled six more hamburgers following the previous steps, placed them over the hamburgers in the oven, and again poured a little Italian dressing on each, followed by a little Mrs. Dash.

Then, before putting them back in the oven, I poured the fried onions over the hamburgers in the pan, covered the pan, and baked 5 to 6 more minutes.
--------

Chicken legs, or chicken pieces recipe

INGREDIENTS
-Home-made Italian dressing, just like the one in the recipe above
-Chicken legs or pieces
-Two or three small pieces from a dried bay leaf
-Olive oil
-Mrs. Dash

Place the chicken pieces in a baking pan after coating each with olive oil, pour a good portion of the Italian dressing over the chicken pieces, sprinkle a little Mrs. Dash, drop in the small pieces of bay leaf evenly spaced, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken pieces have steamed with the moisture in the pan, and then uncover and bake some more until fully cooked (I prefer the chicken pieces to turn slightly golden in color).

Serve with a glass of orange juice, mashed potato, your favorite gravy, and a fruit salad.

FRUIT SALAD (all the fruits cut into small pieces)
-Grapes
-Watermelon
-Kiwi
-Cantaloupe
-Any other fruit you like
-Canned mandarin orange pieces

Place in a bowl, and add a little of one of the following three ingredients (whichever you prefer at the moment), and then turn over a few times in the bowl:

1. Lemon or lime juice, or orange, or
2. Mayonnaise, or
3. Whip cream

Last edited by RayinAK; 06-17-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,788 times
1. organic lean ground beef
2. scoop of ketchup
3. scoop of mustard
4. squirt of ]worcestershire sauce
5. chopped onions

Mix everything together and shape into patties!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:19 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,987 times
Order a cheeseburger from the White Spot in Anchorage and then you will know how I like my burgers.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
White Castle Cheesburgs! 3 of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska