Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 PM

457 posts, read 1,017,105 times

Advertisements

Did a stint in Africa .

The Big Land , Alakshak still the best in my book. THE LAST FRONTIER.

I think its something to hold onto and embrace if possible. I fell in love and still cant look at another women.

Prime ground I say. Good Medicine. Get healed from the hate that has invaded your heart from past hurts and wrongs. We all have them by our mistakes and judgements. Its to bad . All the angry souls that walk the earth. That inner anger that seeded by child trauma --- were all PTSD actually--- think about it!

Men and Women and their political eco / action, climate change distractions arent true. Social engineering at its best ITS DEAD !!
ALASKA is ALIVE.

Long live the wilderness and your true naive self. ITS YOU. Humans never Die.
"Land of the Midnight Sun"
Motto: North to the Future

Wish I could tell you more my Alaska Friends but I cant .

Must find it yourselves.

If I had one choice to live ALASKA city life , I'd pick Goldstream Road above College , Alaska. SOUTH; Sterling etc..... (is Sir Rance still on the payroll ? by the way)

Bush? Anywhere. The interior for privacy tho. Theres still 12 inches of water under all that ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 04:00 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,869,230 times
Yeah, I did my time in W. Africa as well. and, you're right, Alaska is a notch above anywhere else I have ever been, and I have done more than my fair share of traveling. Even the air, in Alaska, tastes good! Smells good also. Where were you in Africa? I was in Nigeria, along the coast , sorta, between Uyo and Abak. Along the Qua Ibo River, as the natives called it. (was the Cross River State back then, I understand it was divided up into two states as of late)

Old 08-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Yes even the air tastes and smells and even the tea water taste good in the BIG LAND.

We all as basic humans try to feel more alive in our lives. Alaska is an enhancer for us searching for truth.

In Sierra Leone Pampana river region. Happy people working for 1 dollar$ a day. Much outreach . They dont know anything else.

I wish I was a millionaire and do little projects all thruout Africa. Thats happiness to me.

Americans and America? Well keep it strong so we can help other honorable counties/ families without the available technologies.

At 13 trillion$ in debt I dont see sustainability in USA strength.

Dow back to 6500--- so get out tommorrow-- The bubble is about to burst again my Alaska Friends. YOU KNOW THE DRILL.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:08 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,945,938 times
Manmountain! Long time, no see! So where are you now, did you make it to AK after your stint in Africa? And yes, Rance is still the mod, think we'll keep him

Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 PM

In the lower 48 till Thanksgiving. Wana visit Dad and Mom as there getting in there late 80's and have the time for them.

Did you transfer to Alaska business there Lyoness?

Good to see Rance runnin the show

Oil prices are stable but try to get your 401 into a hard asset IRA or commodity based port. . Worldwide supplies are at all time lows and demand should increase.
But demand for cheeseburgers and flatscreen(US CONSUMER) demand is flat at best so carry on Sister.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,945,938 times
Crossing my fingers, holding my breath, praying for good news early next week

Old 08-16-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Crossing my fingers, holding my breath, praying for good news early next week
Waht days an extra special day for Lyoness? A day lookin at Denali?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Maybe so, but it's going fast. Those of us who live out here in rural Alaska need to hold it off for as long as we can--I can tell you now that I have seen this rain forest and the changes that have happened here in the past 25 years break my own child's heart.

Idjits move up here and think they "get it". Then they bleat because it isn't what they "left behind".

Time to resurrect the AIP in my opinion. Vogler's been dead a long time, succession's a fading pipe dream, but there's a lot that can be done in the area of state's rights (as well as community rights).

Old 08-16-2009, 07:52 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
The AIP sounds good. I think a real effort needs to be made to get the message out as well as refuting the claims against it. Until I get up there I'm supporting the Second Vermont Republic, and putting thugs with badges from MA, NY and NJ in my state in their place when I can. Got the one who harassed me about my gun running scared of a civil rights suit. But the lower 48 is about a lost cause now, AK is the last holdout left of the sort of freedom the rest of the U.S. once had, though under attack. I need to dust off the (quite) short book I was writing about secession and finish and publish it.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
The bad press concerning the AIP came from the urban liberals who don't understand the first thing about life here; they glommed onto it because Todd Palin was a member for about five minutes. He had fleeting political aspirations of his own; that's all.

States rights is a very worthy cause and rural Alaska needs to give some serious consideration to the goals of the AIP. We're having a major influx of -48 wingnuts hotfooting it to Whitesilla et al and wanting to bring their police state mentality with them. Participation in the AIP may well be rural Alaska's best defense against these idjits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska