Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone...will keep you posted.

Everyone should get tested regardless...cancer is pretty unheard of in my family. An uncle got it who was up on the sound after the spill and worked on the cleanup but that was environmentally caused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
Adding prayers..

Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
We just a quick update.

Had a doctor visit today after going though a bunch of tests for the prostate cancer. My last Lupron shot of the two years series of shots was in mid January, the shots were were good for four months, so effectively my last treatment lasted til almost the middle of May.

Well the PSA levels are what they use to tell what your level of cancer is. The average Male has less than one, and as high as high as five. My levels were up in the 30's when diagnosed almost three years ago.

Today I was told the PSA level was not traceable (below/less than one)! So it appears that all the treatment levels I had to endure, has paid off!

I would hope that everyone that has a history of any Cancer in their family gets checked out and at the recommended age, get tested.

Been a long last three years, will still be almost another year to a year and a half or so before my testosterone levels return to normal, so my energy levels are still low, but they are getting better!

Thanks for all of you that supported me when things were "Dark"! Now the light is a lot brighter and I hope this thread has helped anyone that has a cancer or will be told they have it!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,826 times
M. I am so glad to hear that. I wonder why they didn't catch Justin's cancer until the very end as they had done blood tests on him, I just don't know which ones. Do those PSAs show up in all blood tests or just specifically for prostrate cancer? On the other hand, maybe they they did find it and he just didn't tell us. That is a possibility.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Glad to hear the treatment worked! I had been wondering...

Old 11-04-2011, 12:26 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
M. I am so glad to hear that. I wonder why they didn't catch Justin's cancer until the very end as they had done blood tests on him, I just don't know which ones. Do those PSAs show up in all blood tests or just specifically for prostrate cancer? On the other hand, maybe they they did find it and he just didn't tell us. That is a possibility.
I'm not sure about the different cancers, but for the prostate cancer the PSA blood test is one of the main tools. The normal "Test" is the finger probe, a normal Prostate is about 30 CC's on size, a cancerated prostate is normally 200 to 300 CC's, mine was about 50 CC's and I didn't have the normally related issues like urinary trouble. The Doc just said one day let's do a PSA test since I had family history of it. After having a high PSA level, the next step was a biopsy of the Prostate, and that showed my cancer was advanced to the point of leaving the prostate where the cancer then goes to the bone and at that point is pretty much not curable.

What kind of cancer did he have?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:15 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
awesome report there M! yayayyyy....hopefully never never to return...

Met...sure hope your mum's treatments are working as well...and anyone else who is going thru cancer treatment.

Cancer sucks!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:07 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,147 times
Where's the like button???? Such good news, keep doin what your doin!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 AM

811 posts, read 1,317,817 times
That is good news starlite. Wish you the best.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I'm not sure about the different cancers, but for the prostate cancer the PSA blood test is one of the main tools. The normal "Test" is the finger probe, a normal Prostate is about 30 CC's on size, a cancerated prostate is normally 200 to 300 CC's, mine was about 50 CC's and I didn't have the normally related issues like urinary trouble. The Doc just said one day let's do a PSA test since I had family history of it. After having a high PSA level, the next step was a biopsy of the Prostate, and that showed my cancer was advanced to the point of leaving the prostate where the cancer then goes to the bone and at that point is pretty much not curable.

What kind of cancer did he have?
Wow, sounds like your guardian angel stepped in when your doc thought to check it out just in time.
I don't know what kind he had other then his abdomen was full of it. He had masses on his liver, spleen, pancreas, vertebrae, intestines, etc. But by the time he was in the hospital, he was too sick for a biopsy. He wasn't making any clotting factor so they gave him some but then it clogged up his port for dialysis. His kidneys had shut down from the 3 burst varicies and blood loss. He was a mess and too sick for any type of treatment at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska