Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 12:02 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

And yet he is the President of the United States.
Yes, we voted him in. Live with it. We lived with Bush for eight long years and he was no choir boy himself.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 01-25-2010 at 12:22 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 08:14 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
That's the big point right there. People can dance around the citizenship issue, but the real point is that he has admitted to past cocaine use, he associated with a domestic terrorist (Bill Ayers), Bill Ayers wife (who at one point was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list), and was a member of radical church for over 20 years. There is more of course, but the totality of those issues alone would make him ineligible to be a law enforcement officer, and would also make him ineligible for any government job that required even a low security clearance.

Yes that is what bothers me too! As well as not producing college transcripts are his grades really that much worse than Bush's or does it say he is not a American citizen? Did he get into college being a minority from another country?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, we voted him in. Live with it. We lived with Bush for eight long years and he was no choir boy himself.
Yes it was a mistake! One that will correct itself in 2012 if he does not change his ways! America will not make that mistake again. Bet on that!
BTW just because he won does not mean he was the better candidate. He just said FREE a lot and the black population came out and voted for a "historic" occasion! As Geraldine put it! They did not come out and vote in the Brown election against him!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Thought that it is pretty funny that with all the Palin bashing going on by the left here, the Dems lost big time in a State that is so left, it makes the National Dems look center. The left just can't grasp that the Nation as a whole has gotten fed up with the crazies running the asylum!

The 2010 elections are going to be a hoot for Palin and her group.

Keep up the insanity guys, you are making the "Right" proud! Keep ranting on Palin, your making her even more famous!
I think there's plenty of Palin bashing, and not just from "the left". Don't worry though, there's plenty of rope left in 2010 and beyond for Palin to hang herself (figuratively, not literally, of course). I have a feeling that she's one of those people who gives life to "pride goeth before the fall". To me, she is a person that's full of hot air and B.S. - these are not qualities of a stable foundation or a long-standing leader.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM

355 posts, read 818,881 times
What won him the election was his race card that was supported by 98% of the black Americans. Add to that the weak minded youth around my age that were too ignorant to see through his well scripted public speaking. Regardless though, wasn't this thread about the Senator in Mass. and Sarah Palin?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
That's the big point right there. People can dance around the citizenship issue, but the real point is that he has admitted to past cocaine use, he associated with a domestic terrorist (Bill Ayers), Bill Ayers wife (who at one point was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list), and was a member of radical church for over 20 years. There is more of course, but the totality of those issues alone would make him ineligible to be a law enforcement officer, and would also make him ineligible for any government job that required even a low security clearance.

Very true. What I don't understand is if "he has nothing to hide" then why not show the birth certificate?? He also made a comment that he would be known by those he surrounds himself with. Well, it's very interesting with just "what" he has surrounded himself with, and the "transparency" talk -- does that include "behind closed doors?"

Old 01-25-2010, 09:37 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I think there's plenty of Palin bashing, and not just from "the left". Don't worry though, there's plenty of rope left in 2010 and beyond for Palin to hang herself (figuratively, not literally, of course). I have a feeling that she's one of those people who gives life to "pride goeth before the fall". To me, she is a person that's full of hot air and B.S. - these are not qualities of a stable foundation or a long-standing leader.

You have described every politician with that statement.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:44 AM

355 posts, read 818,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Well, it's very interesting with just "what" he has surrounded himself with, and the "transparency" talk -- does that include "behind closed doors?"

Add that to the long long long list of broken promises of "Change" he promised. Change has happened alright...and America is waking up and realizing how much of a liar this man is.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Well whether it be Palin or anyone who gets the presidential seat, they need to produce their birth certificate and I don't think she'd have a problem with that. However, I do feel that if they truly ran background checks on all these politicians and didn't look the other way with their tax cheating, bribes, etc., there wouldn't be any of them in office.

That certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to do.

What people don't grasp is that in the event that Obama is in fact not an American born, all the laws and bills he has signed will be null and void.

If he isn't whom he claims, in time it will be be found out. It would be no big deal if his papers are in order for him to show them.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,035,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
That certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to do.

What people don't grasp is that in the event that Obama is in fact not an American born, all the laws and bills he has signed will be null and void.

If he isn't whom he claims, in time it will be be found out. It would be no big deal if his papers are in order for him to show them.
For this reason, if he isn't American born he will never show his birth certificate.

I really haven't spent much time thinking about this, but it's kind of amazing that although our constitution has certain requirements for presidential qualifications, apparently there isn't anyone that regulates this.

In other words, you don't go down to the dmv and show your birth certificate like you do for your drivers license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska