Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Thats exactly why I steer clear of politics and anything that goes with it. It's not worth the stress or the heartache.
I would vote the stress part

Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
Unfortunately, all of these politicians are so corrupt and inept that gridlock isn't so bad. The Repubs are celebrating like they forgot it's still 59-41 in the Dems favor. The problem for them (Repubs) is they stand to lose several seats this fall as well. Personally, I'd like to nuke the entire house and senate and start over.
Well I kinda like the nuke part, but before when it was 60-40, the Dems wouldn't give the Repub's the time of day, now that the score is 59-41, the Repub's can stop the bills, the Dem's now have to play with them and they don't like it....

Too bad....

Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
I hope the snow is 10 feet deep in your driveway when ya git back...
Well it would be nice for even a foot, we don't have enough to snowmachine out to the cabin. Only have about ten inches or so, and with this summer's forest fires, we need more snow to get over all the deadfall or we are going to wear out the chainsaw...

Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 AM

879 posts, read 1,732,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well I kinda like the nuke part, but before when it was 60-40, the Dems wouldn't give the Repub's the time of day, now that the score is 59-41, the Repub's can stop the bills, the Dem's now have to play with them and they don't like it....

Too bad....
That's when things start to get really disgusting. You see Pelosi and Reid sucking up to the likes of McConnell and Kyl. The whole charade is enough to make anyone vomit. These people have no shame.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm not the "left", so don't try to paint me as such. I debate on the issues, not from a partisan platform. I am an independent. Those partisan blinders have clearly warped your mind. People like you can't understand how someone like me rejects both parties, refusing to kowtow to their leaders. You're just another one of their sheep.
I am more than likely the worst thing ever to happen to any Sheeple as far as following the crowd. Had you read any of my postings, you would understand that.

I tend to vote for the person that is going to do what is right for the country, not just "Right"... or "Left"

And the flaming liberals that want to take my money to give to others, (and then take credit for "giving", when the proper term is "stealing"), and giving to those that are too lazy to work, is not my idea of "Need".

The answer for Government is to cut itself down about 80% starting with the Czars.... then work on down form there.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
well....that wasn't a mauling either, but I can tell ya they have damn sharp teeth and they bite
through XtraTufs real easy when provoked

I have a "before the battle" picture...

thats a bullet hole behind his eye...
What the hell is that bullet hole for, you are suppost to use a regulation 8' club...

Old 01-21-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
That's when things start to get really disgusting. You see Pelosi and Reid sucking up to the likes of McConnell and Kyl. The whole charade is enough to make anyone vomit. These people have no shame.

Hey, that is cool, you are starting to see just how screwed up they are in Congress... That is why I am in favor of voting all of them out and start with a fresh crop of Civil Servants, that is the term they all forgot is what they are suppose to be doing by descriptions, not heir own personal Dynasty.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:10 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,802 times
or, if you can can get away from watching all those soaps on tv all day, you could git out and do a little cross country skiing like Rance did today...

MARAD is looking for crew guys for all 5 of their vessels for runs to and from Haiti...mega bucks contract at taxpayers expense that just came up....2 new 370' high speed cats from Hawaii, wouldn't that be fun...wonder what the run-time is from south Florida

MARAD to deploy former Hawaii Superferry cat to Haiti

Old 01-21-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
I am more than likely the worst thing ever to happen to any Sheeple as far as following the crowd. Had you read any of my postings, you would understand that.

I tend to vote for the person that is going to do what is right for the country, not just "Right"... or "Left"

And the flaming liberals that want to take my money to give to others, (and then take credit for "giving", when the proper term is "stealing"), and giving to those that are too lazy to work, is not my idea of "Need".

The answer for Government is to cut itself down about 80% starting with the Czars.... then work on down form there.
Perhaps it's your continued use of terms such as "flaming liberals", and your relentless attacks on the "left", without so much as mentioning the "right", which portray you as a partisan right winger.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Hey, that is cool, you are starting to see just how screwed up they are in Congress... That is why I am in favor of voting all of them out and start with a fresh crop of Civil Servants, that is the term they all forgot is what they are suppose to be doing by descriptions, not heir own personal Dynasty.
Oh, I'm not just starting to see this. I've seen too much, really. I've watched in horror as both parties have steered this country to the precipice of a complete and total meltdown. Now, they scramble, lay blame, and do nothing when the difficult decisions are to be made. Sadly, I think we need to see a total disaster before things really change for the better. Apparently, this economic situation is just a warm-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska