Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 10:45 PM

29 posts, read 105,027 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I'm interested in going to school in or around the Albany area. I have been looking into HVCC (Hudson Valley Community College) and applied for the fall classes in Radiology. I was just browsing the site and noticed the application deadline for that field is Feb 1st, any other applications that are filed after that are chosen if space is available. So needless to say it doesn't look that promising that I will be accepted which is unfortunate since it is fairly cheap tuition fees and I've heard has a solid program.

I was wondering if anyone knows of some other good colleges around the area that offer Radiology degree programs that are somewhat cheap to attend. My brother and his wife live in Schenectady where I would be staying, if someone could let me know of some other colleges where hopefully I wouldn't be too late applying to I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 06:12 AM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Here's a list of such programs in the state: New York State Schools of Radiologic Technologists

Look into the program at Fulton-Montgomery CC in Gloversville. It isn't too far from Schenectady.

Radiologic Technology Application | FM Admissions | Fulton-Montgomery Community College

Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Radiology is a very in demand field up in the Capitol Region. Nearly every SUNY community college in the area seems to have a very good program. Many people I graduated with out of high school are going to school for Radiology at a community college.

From what I understand, FMCC's program is very good and a lot of students have success getting jobs even before they graduate from the two year program. Albany Medical College is supposed to be an alright school as well. FMCC is very cheap for those who are in-state students. Nearly half my class is attending courses there.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM

29 posts, read 105,027 times
Thanks for the advice. FMCC is about a 40 minute drive from where my brother is which is where I would be staying so it is definitely doable. Albany Medical College is on the pricey side, I might apply there for a last resort option but would much rather be able to go to HVCC or FMCC.

If anyone has any other suggestions for other colleges I should try applying to that have decent radiology fields I am all ears. Thanks for the responses!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Honestly, any SUNY community college most likely has a really good radiology program. Seems like a lot of them offer the same programs.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,606 times
I am looking into entering into Kaiser University in Tampa,Florida (813)885-4900 to begin "Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology". I would like to know if my credits would transfer,and where in the Albany,Johnstown area in upstate New York.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmartha View Post
I am looking into entering into Kaiser University in Tampa,Florida (813)885-4900 to begin "Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology". I would like to know if my credits would transfer,and where in the Albany,Johnstown area in upstate New York.
You need to contact the college you'd like to transfer to and ask them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area