Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM

65 posts, read 204,889 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any good Luxury apartments / condos / townhouses in the East Greenbush area (will be joining a new job in that area)?

We are going to be looking into houses too in the clifton park, delmar and east greenbush area but from the pictures have not found anything of interest in our low price range, except for clifton park which seems to have really nice homes, but maybe to far from east greenbush.

Just thought of an additional question, whats the commute like from clifton park to east greenbush?

thanks,

cooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 AM

93,461 posts, read 124,189,891 times
You can look here: Renters Guide | Apartments in Albany | Albany NY Apartments | Albany Apartments for Rent

Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,637,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooks2010 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any good Luxury apartments / condos / townhouses in the East Greenbush area (will be joining a new job in that area)?

We are going to be looking into houses too in the clifton park, delmar and east greenbush area but from the pictures have not found anything of interest in our low price range, except for clifton park which seems to have really nice homes, but maybe to far from east greenbush.

Just thought of an additional question, whats the commute like from clifton park to east greenbush?

thanks,

cooks.
Low price range and luxury don't go hand in hand. There are some high end apartments in the Greenbush area. They're on the link provided by CKH. If that doesn't work for you, try contacting realtors who handle rentals or property management companies.

Commute all depends on time of day and where exactly you're coming and going from. I have family who live in Clifton Park and work in Rensselaer. They manage and have zero interest in moving. It's worth it for the school district.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 PM

Thanks everyone. I did go to see 3 apartments out of which 2 I thought were very nice:

Oak Hill Apartments ($1600 /month- 2bed/2 bath)

Waterview Apartments ($1800/month 2 bed/2bath) in Cohoes

Did go to Clifton Park,Delmar, Colonie, East Greenbush, Niskayuna, Glenmont, Latham and Loudonville did not like the houses, mostly older homes,no newer houses (>1995) available in our price range <$250,000.

However, did find newer homes (2003-2006) in Selkirk (but the I-90 was very close by, so could hear the highway noise) and new housing developments (2013) in Schodack, but still researching the area...seemed mainly farms and less residential.

Will be moving at the end of the month, so will be visiting more homes. Though we did hear that this year the inventory is pretty low then usual, maybe thats just because of our low price range.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 AM

27 posts, read 63,865 times
We are looking at a lot of the same areas you have mentioned(online so far, next weekend going up to see a bunch of houses) but a slightly higher price range so we are finding a decent amount of options. If schools matter to you Selkirk doesn't seem to be as highly rated as the other areas you've mentioned.

We have a house in schodack on our list; from what I see a lot of it is east greenbush schools but just a little more rural and slightly further from albany. We are going to at least give it a look. The one thing I read on these boards is that schodack is an area which is not served by a library so I'm going to look into that more.

We crossed clifton park off our lost bc every local person we know/talked to told us it will be a long commute from where my husband will be working. But it does seem to have some more affordable housing options than other areas. We too are finding not much in North Colonie school district in out price range.

Not sure where you'll be working, but have you checked guilderland? We're finding it to be slightly more affordable than Bethlehem but when we drove around the area it was kind of similar. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 AM

93,461 posts, read 124,189,891 times
What about the South Colonie SD? It is still a good SD and it may have something within both price ranges.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What about the South Colonie SD? It is still a good SD and it may have something within both price ranges.
Someone I know who teaches in albany told me that compared with the other areas south colonie wasn't as great, but honestly I'm not sure why. On paper it seems pretty comprable, especially the elementary schools (my daughter is only 2 now so that's my biggest immediate concern). I think she wasn't as thrilled with the HS compared to nearby districts.

We did drive through colonie but I didn't love it as much as some of the other areas. I guess it's worth looking into a little more though. We actually looked at some houses in Niskyuna that were SC schools but the taxes were extremely high.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:42 AM

Thanks for posting!, its great to hear that someone else is in the same boat as us, first I thought I was being too picky.

Yes, I have heard the same about South Colonie too. Will definitely check out Guilderland, have heard of it, but not been there. My husband will be working in Rensselear, but we are mainly looking for houses on the other side of the river or east greenbush area on this side.

Oh I didnt know Schodack does not have a library, that maybe a concern for me too.

We did drive to Clifton Park and it didnt seem like a long commute to us, around 20-25 minutes, but not too sure if that changes during the morning and evening rush hours.

We will be looking at a new development (2013) today in Delmar (in upper 250s) so will see how that goes.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM

Hmm, if you'll be commuting to the other side of the river from clifton park it might not be so bad. Especially if there's a way to bypass the northway. That's where all the traffic supposedly is. We are looking at places that are easiest in/out from albany.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:04 PM

We went to see few houses in Clifton Park which were really nice, the area seemed a little open and spread out compared to Latham,Delmar and Glenmont, where the houses were more crowded and limited privacy.

We also went back to Schodack, which has easy and quick access to I-90 and 87 both. The schools also seem to belong to East Greenbush and Schodack too depending upon the house location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area