Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:40 AM

26 posts, read 47,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9 View Post
First off people have a right to their opinion and it depends where you go downtown is definitely fits the definition of desolate. Just because someone have a opinion about something doesn't mean they hate it. This is the problem with the world today people like you don't like it when people express themselves freely. If I say it's desolate, it's desolate to me and I don't care what you say, it fits my description of desolate. I've notice you have a habit of being rude and very disagreeble towards others which says a lot about you. You act as if you invented Albuquerque... guess what? You didn't and people have a right to say whatever they want on this boards. (respectfully of course) That's the reason people come here to get different opinions.

Downtown in parts is desolate. Get over it! Trying walking around Lomas and 1st after 7pm. Yes I said it but I still love ABQ.

So if someone says something you disagree with you have a right to express your opinion but it's not cool to think your opinion is the only correct opinion!

Very well said. I also agree with ABQConvict. Whoever that person is, needs to get over herself. I know people and one thing I know for sure is that people who constantly try to find fault with others have a lot of flaws. And it's funny how caught up in semantics she is and has no clue! It's actually laughable. What's unfortunate there are too many people in this world like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,798,868 times
Please, Lets stay on the topic "Move to ABQ from CHI"

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-20-2011 at 06:30 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 AM

147 posts, read 535,588 times
Well, I really hope you didn't give up Chicago for ABQ, what a terrible idea that is. Unless you are obsessed with biking/hiking/camping, there is NOTHING to do here. The locals that have never been anywhere will tell that there's art, interesting people, good food etc here but believe me, they have no clue. If you've never been robbed and was wondering how it feels, come to ABQ. If you want to see people lying drunk on the sidewalk all hours in all neighborhoods, come to ABQ. If you never want to see a college educated kid again, come to ABQ. If you want to spend all your time driving from one parking lot to another parking lot, come to ABQ. If you want to be driven to vent your frustrations to strangers via the internet, come to ABQ.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:01 AM

1,993 posts, read 4,064,364 times
Four years of complaining and still haven't done a darn thing about it Mrs. World traveler?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,380,043 times
Some of these posts are so full f cr*p. No one would mistake Albuquerque for a world city, but for a city with a metro area of less than a million, it stands out from the crowd. I grew up in, and still spend several weeks a year, in NYC and have spent a lot of time (as in years) in Norway, England, and Germany since more than half of my relatives live over there and have studied and worked abroad.

I am no ABQCheerleader, I don't plan to live here forever, I'll probably make my way back to greener and wetter climes, and yet I find redeeming qualities about Albuquerque all the time. Maybe I'm just easy. But I'd rather be easy than sour like some people who love the chip in their two, greasy cents.

:-) Cheers

Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 PM

1,993 posts, read 4,064,364 times
Now that I'm not on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
Well, I really hope you didn't give up Chicago for ABQ, what a terrible idea that is. Unless you are obsessed with biking/hiking/camping, there is NOTHING to do here.
Complete hyperbole. Your lack of knowledge, ingenuity and drive does not make this a fact. There is lots more to do than biking/hiking/camping.

Quote:
The locals that have never been anywhere will tell that there's art, interesting people, good food etc here but believe me, they have no clue.
What if you have lived in such a place as say LA (most of my youth), and been all over the country. Since I have, does that automatically make my opinion cancel out yours? Because I have done so and find that there is art (as well as many many different publications) interesting people and good food.

Quote:
If you've never been robbed and was wondering how it feels, come to ABQ.
I have never been robbed in Abq. I have in LA, San Francisco and Beverly Hills of all places.

Quote:
If you want to see people lying drunk on the sidewalk all hours in all neighborhoods, come to ABQ.
Complete bull crap.

Quote:
If you never want to see a college educated kid again, come to ABQ.
For population 25 years and over in Chicago:

Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.5%
Graduate or professional degree: 10.0%

For population 25 years and over in Albuquerque:
Bachelor's degree or higher: 31.8%
Graduate or professional degree: 13.4%

Quote:
If you want to spend all your time driving from one parking lot to another parking lot, come to ABQ.
Don't blame the city for your lack of bike riding skills.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 PM

307 posts, read 685,623 times
I moved here from Chicago and i like it here. Just because Chicago is bigger doesn't mean there's more to do than ABQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque