Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 AM

99 posts, read 268,621 times

Advertisements

Here in NC, we have Salsarita's, Qdoba, Moe's, and Chipotle. My favorite is probably Qdoba. Their queso is pretty awesome, as well as the roja salsa.

Chipotle has the best flavor and overall food quality, but they lack queso for the chips and burritos. They are also somewhat pricey. Their red salsa is delicious, but has more of a pepper flavor than typical tomato salsa. I remember their grand opening... There was a line out the door for hours.

I love the salsa bar at Moe's, but their queso is similar to that of more authentic Mexican restaurants here. The quality of ingredients is okay, but not up to par with Qdoba and Chipotle. I also like that they include a small order of chips with each burrito.

I eat at all except for Salsarita's. Their salsa has no flavor, as well as the chicken and beef. The chips are also heavily coated in salt and some sort of seasoning (tastes like Lawrys seasoning salt to me). My local restaurant is also VERY stingy with the portions considering the price. I ask for some salsa and they give me like a tablespoon...

If I move to Albuquerque for my graduate studies, I'd love to try some New Mexican cuisine. Especially the chile sauces :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 PM

93 posts, read 240,237 times
I still have not eaten at the Albq Chipotle. I am not waiting in line. Not a long one.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:03 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,457,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattawest View Post
Their red salsa is delicious, but has more of a pepper flavor than typical tomato salsa.
For what it's worth, in New Mexico, red salsa (simply called 'red chile' here) is a chile pepper sauce. No tomatoes to be found in red chile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattawest View Post
If I move to Albuquerque for my graduate studies, I'd love to try some New Mexican cuisine. Especially the chile sauces :-)
You'll like it, I predict :-)

Old 01-07-2012, 12:09 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,133,885 times
Chipotles quality is always consistent, as is their service.

We have been there many times and have never been disappointed-----they have a strong committment to being natural-------I think their prices are about average.

Its just nice going to a place that really cares about avoiding artificial and harps on natural quality.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 PM

17 posts, read 53,524 times
Yes, Chipotle is good. Still waiting to get in...line tooo long. Hehe.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,361,381 times
Quote:
Chipotle Line Out The Door? Okay is it really that good?
No.

You live in NM. You can certainly get better.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:04 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,457,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No.

You live in NM. You can certainly get better.
Like any of the 16 Taco Bell locations in Albuquerque?

:-)

Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM

548 posts, read 1,221,131 times
I ate at ABQ's Chipotle for the first time yesterday, and was surprised that there were still lines out the door a month after its grand opening. I waited because this is one of the chains that I missed when I moved here. I heard they are opening two more locations in town, which will be nice and reduce the crazy overcrowding at this location.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:02 PM

5,065 posts, read 7,481,902 times
I ate at a Chipotle's in Denver a year or so ago. It was not crowded, in fact not many people were there. I had never heard of it before, was doing tourist stuff nearby and just saw it and went in. I thought it was OK but nothing to get excited about.

I'm sorry Bumble Bee's Baja Grill closed down. I loved their huge veggie burritos (I would make two meals out of them) and salsa bar. I couldn't figure out why they became so unpopular to the point that it was usually pretty empty the last few times I went. I liked it far better than Chipotle. I would rather support home-grown businesses than yet another glitzy national or international chain.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:01 PM

990 posts, read 2,309,161 times
I think there's a misconception that Chipotle is trying to outdo the local taco or mission burritos. They are a fast food chain, emphasizing fresh, organic type ingredients. Their type of burrito is served at chain's like Freebirds and Qdoba and most local Mexican restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores here in Dallas, but for what they do, especially in the suburbs. You also don't see carnitas or barbacoa at your usual chain like Taco Bell, Bueno or Del Taco, which is a good change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque