Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 01:08 PM

41 posts, read 62,608 times

Advertisements

We might be moving to albuquerque in a year and I was watching old episodes of cops last night. Seems like every case was from the SE part of town. Lots of tranny hookers and heroin users. I'm guessing that's the part of town not to, move to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times
They quit shooting the TV Series "Cops" in the city of Albuquerque over five years ago by orders of Mayor Chavez. There is a thread dedicated to the subject here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...tv-series.html
As far as neighborhoods, you might start here:
The Albuquerque Neighborhood thread

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-19-2014 at 08:23 AM..

Old 02-05-2012, 04:10 PM

41 posts, read 62,608 times
OK thanks, I know they always go for the worst areas, but I also remember that from living in Las Vegas, it's hard to spot bad from good just by sight. In NJ, it's real easy. Just hoping teaching and nursing jobs are not too hard to get, I really am looking forward to moving back to the SW.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,095,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodv66 View Post
... I'm guessing that's the part of town not to, move to?
It all depends on what you are looking for.

Some of those areas you mentioned would make it much easier for me to score when I needed to.

When I lived in the Ghetto, I used to love taking evening walks on Central where the hookers were.

What was best, was when my girlfriend lived a few doors down from Silver and Montclaire.
Some times, it would take me over ten minutes to cross that intersection due to my fantastic legs.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM

5,056 posts, read 7,444,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
It all depends on what you are looking for.

Some of those areas you mentioned would make it much easier for me to score when I needed to.

When I lived in the Ghetto, I used to love taking evening walks on Central where the hookers were.

What was best, was when my girlfriend lived a few doors down from Silver and Montclaire.
Some times, it would take me over ten minutes to cross that intersection due to my fantastic legs.
Please accept a virtual cat call. Not everyone is gifted with traffic-stopping legs. Hubba hubba!

My first apartment was in a four-plex right at Montclaire and Silver. It was later coopted by the NM School of Natural Therapeutics. At the time I had no car and used to walk everywhere, and cars would follow me, drivers assumed that anyone walking around the area was "looking for business."

Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,095,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Please accept a virtual cat call. Not everyone is gifted with traffic-stopping legs. Hubba hubba!
To be honest; that was circa 1990. My knees are a little 'baggy' now.

It wasn't unusual for me to have a "three-peat" where customer would turn
around and drive by again and again before I could blast across the street.
Yeah. They slowed waaaaaay down for me - in my shorts.

For those who are not familiar with the area, Silver, a few blocks East and a block West of Morningside is where the "boys" plied their "wares."

Central, from Carlisle and all the way East is fair game for the "girls" to walk along ...

Silver is one block South of Central.
Morningside is the 1/4-mile street between Carlisle and Washington ( the 1/2-mile street ).

Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 PM

136 posts, read 141,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodv66 View Post
OK thanks, I know they always go for the worst areas, but I also remember that from living in Las Vegas, it's hard to spot bad from good just by sight. In NJ, it's real easy. Just hoping teaching and nursing jobs are not too hard to get, I really am looking forward to moving back to the SW.

The real-time crime stats for APD are available online. Do a search (I can't link for some reason). Albuquerque is a very mixed city. There are very nice neighborhoods mixed in with some not so nice!

Old 02-17-2012, 06:05 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times

CrimeMapping.com - Albuquerque Area

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-22-2014 at 10:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque