Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:07 PM

75 posts, read 152,688 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Albuquerque because I attend UNM, and I am in fact close to being done with my bachelors degree. However, I'm not happy with the dating scene because the girls are always taken, and there are just about no single girls left, not to mention guys outnumber girls in this part of the country. I'm considering relocating east because girls outnumber guys there. I did a thread on relocating to Charlotte, North Carolina but I was recommended to not try there. What cities are easier for guys to get girlfriends than Albuquerque?

I heard Menver, Colorado has more single women than a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,699,331 times
Try somewhere smaller.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM

159 posts, read 511,282 times
Actually, Albuquerque has more single females than single men. There are plenty of single women, especially around UNM. I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

http://1heckofaguy.com/wp-content/ph...gles%20map.jpg

Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 AM

42 posts, read 77,949 times
Not sure why you are having such a hard time, perhaps your standards are too high?

I'm married and have no desire for extra marital relationships at the moment, I've been hit on multiple times albeit usually by women I wouldn't consider even if I wasn't married.

If you are looking for an educated good looking successful woman then the pool is going to be smaller, a lot smaller actually, but they are out there.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,611,388 times
not to mention guys outnumber girls in this part of the country.

They do?

Dang.

I gotta get out more!

Old 11-06-2013, 02:30 PM

277 posts, read 682,116 times
It's hard everywhere, just have to be realistic and open to different possibilities and actually ready to date/commit. I'm married but have lived in many different cities - culturally diverse, large population, etc. It always seems better elsewhere but it really isn't. I met my spouse while we were actually living in different cities (introduced through a mutual friend, but practically living across the country). It took a lot of time/dedication (and frequent flyer miles), but we found our life partner in each other and didn't need to look further. Just depends on what your priorities are right now. I think Albuquerque is a good place for us as a couple. Good luck.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxguy148 View Post

I'm married and have no desire for extra marital relationships at the moment.
If I could down rate the **** out of this, I would.

ABQ is a decent size city, problems with finding attractive singles occur in small towns because the pond, so to speak, is too small. If you move to a smaller city, it will be much harder, rather than easier. Unless you are trying to date women that are out of your league, in which case a small city with few educated men might produce more desperate women that feel trapped--but I'd say that is a fairly awful way to look for a significant other.

Your best bet is to stick to the big cities and work on being the kind of person that would attract the partners you find most appealing. I'm happily married, and have no desire for other romantic relationships PERIOD. I got here by realizing what kind of man I needed to be so that the right woman would want to be with me.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:30 AM

75 posts, read 152,688 times
So are there pretty much too few single women in the US in the 20-39 age bracket?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:55 AM

89 posts, read 270,490 times
If you are having a difficult time finding suitable women to date in a decent sized town with a huge university in it, while attending said huge university................. It probably is more of a reflection of your individual standards, then it does about actual opportunity.

Any town with a large university in any city/town in the entire country should have plenty of opportunities to find suitable potential partners of either sex. While some may be better then others, for people in your age range...... anyplace with large universities should suffice. Not sure what your individual trouble here in this town.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,468 times
^agreed. When I was in college I had plenty of dating opportunities just on campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque