Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:40 PM

42 posts, read 72,611 times

Advertisements

Hahaha, "I love Jennifer Lopez."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 07:07 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,124,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There is meth in New Mexico, but then again, that stuff has polluted all 50 states.

New Mexico is, and always will be, proudly a heroin state! :-)
I'm not exactly one to go around and look for it either.
But in Lucerne Valley CA, you could always pinpoint a blackened area with all sorts of debris lying all over the place like an actual explosion ripped through it.

When it made the daily news each day, I look at that one show that everybody likes and think to myself, "Yay!! A desert problem is now a national celebration!!"

Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,522,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There is meth in New Mexico, but then again, that stuff has polluted all 50 states.

New Mexico is, and always will be, proudly a heroin state! :-)
Interesting you say that. I worked with a guy at a high school in Alb. whose father was an Air Force officer the same time I was an enlisted kid at Holloman AFB, around 1973. We got to talking and he told me that Alamogordo at that time was a big heroin entry point to the US. He also said his sister became a heroin addict when in high school there and when they left NM what they thought was the flu were actually withdrawal symptoms.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:01 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,642,818 times
That was funny!! Would love to visit NM sometime but NOT like that.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:09 PM

16,260 posts, read 43,310,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
Interesting you say that. I worked with a guy at a high school in Alb. whose father was an Air Force officer the same time I was an enlisted kid at Holloman AFB, around 1973. We got to talking and he told me that Alamogordo at that time was a big heroin entry point to the US. He also said his sister became a heroin addict when in high school there and when they left NM what they thought was the flu were actually withdrawal symptoms.
I guess that implies that Air Force personnel are heavily involved in the heroin trade.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:41 AM

560 posts, read 1,718,523 times
Too funny and so true! I hate morons that don't realize NM is a state and/or assume I know Spanish!

Old 04-29-2015, 03:57 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,101,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
Too funny and so true! I hate morons that don't realize NM is a state and/or assume I know Spanish!
I don't mind them not knowing about us at all! Keeps our secret safe! And Spanish is more fun to speak than English, part of the reason I love it here in ABQ, my Spanish has really improved, I almost use it more than English and French, now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque