Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:08 PM

46 posts, read 53,423 times

Advertisements

Thanks! I just visited and made it to the Sandia Crest. Lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 11:12 PM

46 posts, read 53,423 times
Thanks, Grimmwit. I just visited ABQ & gotta say the first day was overcast and I was down about how everything looked so faded brown, but then the sun came out and changed things. It will definitely have to grow on me but I could see why people find the land beautiful. I loved the silhouettes of the mountains in the evenings and one evening the sunset was truly mindblowing.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:08 PM

480 posts, read 318,309 times
There is some awesome country in the Gila.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:04 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,456,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
41 breweries in Seattle? We only have 18 in Albuquerque, but some are pretty good, and most aren't far from the University.
I agree that there is good local beer to be had in Albuquerque, but we've got way more than 18 options! This list isn't 100% up to date, but I'd say there are at least 35 to 40 active breweries in the Albuquerque metro, and 80+ in the state as a whole. The Albuquerque beer scene has been booming for many years; the link below is a great site run by local beer aficionados about the NM brewery scene:

https://nmdarksidebrewcrew.com/

Old 04-29-2019, 12:33 AM

201 posts, read 292,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelli5 View Post
Just curious to see how Cascadian expats feel about Albuquerque these days. I'm relocating to ABQ for grad school because I didn't get into UW's program which was my first choice. I love Seattle - especially its amazing water and mountain views & lushness - and am already feeling homesick even though I haven't left yet. Still, I am looking forward to living in a place that's less crowded and has a much lower cost of living and more sunshine in the winter. My parents lived in ABQ until 2013 and I visited about 2x a year and liked the "oldness" and mix of Mexican/Anglo/Native culture, but I had a hard time appreciating the beauty of the high arid desert then. I think I am a little more appreciative of different climates now though & I know that there is a big outdoor rec scene. Anyway - I'd like to know why you moved to Albuquerque and what you like about it. Perhaps hearing your stories will soften my anticipatory homesickness.
I'm late to the convo, but I'm a 34 year old ex Seattilite native. If you enjoy the outdoors, and the four seasons, but can't stand the traffic or afford the property cost that our beautiful NW has become, Albuquerque may honestly be the next best thing. I miss the ocean, and the plentiful glacier fed rivers, but I can find most of the river/lake options in northern NM and southern CO. This place is amazing, and I'm glad I moved here (note: I live in Cedar Crest - 10min outside the city).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque