Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2023, 09:55 AM

990 posts, read 556,402 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a contractor that actually shows up and finishes a job? I am still waiting on a guy to come finish something he started in March. It was supposed to be a week to get the job done, but part of it got done, he and his crew were here for two days, then they were coming back "next week" I didn't hear from them and 3 weeks later when I called to find out what happened (I am very busy, don't have time to babysit contractors) he said next week. 3 more weeks went by with me calling, then one guy showed up to work and he worked one day (and was in bad shape, back problems so he spent the whole day on something that would have taken a few hours). Then he was coming back the next day and 3 weeks go by again, I call and oh we will be there next week. I call next week because I hear nothing and it is oh the week after next, so that passes and I call again and he says next monday (today)! 10 am and still not here.

I found out this particular guy only pays his workers 13.00 an hour so they don't last long with him. They could work for Home Depot for a lot more (I know Home Depot paid 15.00 an hour in the 90's).j

If anyone could recommend someone I would appreciate it because I have a lot more jobs that I need done on this house and I will not be hiring this guy again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2023, 10:59 AM

990 posts, read 556,402 times
Update: He did show up and put the chimney pipe in but it looks so hillbilly I can't believe it. I have asked for a city inspector to come so I can be sure it is up to code. I was told that if it isn't up to code I can get my money back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque