Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 PM

5 posts, read 19,726 times

Advertisements

Currently living in LA and my fiancee and I are having our first baby in about 6 months time. She grew up in the LA suburbs and I'm a Northern Virginia/DC area transplant out here for graduate school. I finish up next may and we're seriously considering moving to Albuquerque as it looks like a great/affordable place to raise a family and have a yard with some space/views. Can anyone suggest neighborhoods for us to search in in the 400-500k price range.

Sticking in the La Cueva HS district looks like it has some appeal but then we can probably move as well in 10 years and right now just want to have a 3 bedroom place that's got 2000 or so sq ft. I'll be taking a surgery residency placement so want to keep my commute to the UNM hospital to ~30 min. each way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,222,236 times
Yeah... you've got your pick of 90% of the properties in ABQ.

This seems like a repost for some reason... have you posted this before? Maybe is was a different medical student with a large budget. Oh well.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,752,039 times
Go for the North Foothills and Sandia Heights.

We've been running a VERY, VERY intense, internet based housing search for several months now and while that price range is too high for us, I've seen a LOT of nice houses in those areas in that price range and well above 2,000 square feet in size.

(well, I can dream, can't I??? )

Since the rules here are very strict on advertising, I will not recommend any specific agent just Google "Albuquerque" and "MLS" and you should be able to get to some good search engines almost instantly.

Hope that helps

Old 08-25-2008, 09:11 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,919,223 times
Far Northeast Heights, Sandia Heights, High Desert, North Valley (there are a couple really cool neighborhoods off of Coors and Alameda (one North East, and One Southeast of the Intersection).

Talk to a realtor, they will be able to help you with all the areas I mentioned above.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 AM

45 posts, read 138,822 times
You'll have the pick of the litter with that budget. Now, it's just a matter of finding a home that you love. A realtor can definitely help.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:24 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,744,014 times
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Four Hills, absolutely beautiful area and if you play golf then this will be perfect for you as it has its own country club. North Foothills is a great area with great views and there are also some really nice properties just north of Paseo. All these will put you within 30 minutes of the UNM Hospital.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:28 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,744,014 times
There is also Ridgecrest, very close to the hospital and some very desirable houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque