Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
If funds are low, I just don't drink at all. I'd rather just drink water than drink some crappy cheapo beer.
Well there are certainly some crappy beers out there, some cheap, other not so much.

The cheapest I can (and do) buy is Genesee Cream Ale at $12.90 for a 30 pack. It's a good smooth ale with a nice finish. Nothing special, but nothing bad either, very drinkable, and is my 'go to' brew when I come in from working in the yard, etc.

There are some "major" brands out there you couldn't pay me to drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 11:58 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I am getting tired of the Pabts. Financially I am in a bad spot, but after a while I broke down and ordered some wood chucks. What are you gonna do?
Try Millers Genuine draft (MGD), Steel reserve, 4 loco, Natty light, Natty Ice. These are pretty cheap and it'll get you a buzz. Bud Ice is another cheap beer.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Well there are certainly some crappy beers out there, some cheap, other not so much.

The cheapest I can (and do) buy is Genesee Cream Ale at $12.90 for a 30 pack. It's a good smooth ale with a nice finish. Nothing special, but nothing bad either, very drinkable, and is my 'go to' brew when I come in from working in the yard, etc.

There are some "major" brands out there you couldn't pay me to drink.
that is like saying, I would rather drink water than some crappy ole wine: It depends on the person: I can't imagine drinking cheap anything but some don't know the difference. We have a friend, well he is the X husband of our daughters best friend: he lived on Keystone..In fact, he needs to stop the Keystone or he won't be living at all before long...

My husband isn't a huge beer drinker but during the summer he does like a couple now and then: his favorite: domestic, is Bud, lite lime. It isn't the cheapest but not the best: his favorite Mexican is Tecate and he can't stand Heineken..

Nita

Old 07-31-2012, 04:40 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
My fave cheap beer is Keystone. Around here you can get a 3e0 pack for about $15 IMO it tastes similar to Coors Light (they are both made at the same place)

Steel Reserve? I'd rather drink Draino!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:43 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Bud Ice is good too, as well as Ice House both run about $5 for a six pack

And no, NOT all Vodka tastes the same, whoever said that is full of it. I believe that with hard liquors, you really do get what you pay for in terms of quality, flavor, taste, and texture.

Saying all Vodkas are the same is like saying all Tequila is the same, thats DEFINITELY not true. Jose Cuervo is NOT the same as 1800 or Patron, I'd much rather spend the extra $ on 1800 or Patron before I even touch Cuervo

Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default don't shoot the messenger.....

If/when funds are low, it seems foolish to throw money away on consuming something of no nutritional value that you just "rent".

Just my opinion.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If/when funds are low, it seems foolish to throw money away on consuming something of no nutritional value that you just "rent".

Just my opinion.
What if all your bills are paid for the month, you have plenty of food, and gas to get to work, and you dont owe any more money?

Is it foolish to use that last $5 or $6 you have to just relax with an ice cold beer?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:32 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,209,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Just my opinion.
then why are you in this forum?

Old 08-01-2012, 02:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Bud Ice is good too, as well as Ice House both run about $5 for a six pack

And no, NOT all Vodka tastes the same, whoever said that is full of it. I believe that with hard liquors, you really do get what you pay for in terms of quality, flavor, taste, and texture.

Saying all Vodkas are the same is like saying all Tequila is the same, thats DEFINITELY not true. Jose Cuervo is NOT the same as 1800 or Patron, I'd much rather spend the extra $ on 1800 or Patron before I even touch Cuervo
I think when you are compairing the taste of anything, including vodka, it depends on what you are planning to drink with it: we are not talking straight: this goes for all alcohol or anything else. When I am cooking and making a brandy, cream sauce I could care less what kind of brandy I use, if I am sipping an after dinner brandy, in the cold winter I want a middle of the road or better quality: If I am drinking vodka and tonic I don't care much, but in a martini, that is different: same with scotch: hubby will drink middle of the road (JW red or even cheaper) with soda but on the rocks he wants a good single malt.

Nita

Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
same with scotch: hubby will drink middle of the road (JW red or even cheaper) with soda but on the rocks he wants a good single malt.
In Scotland you'll be laughed out of a pub if you ask for a fine malt on the rocks. Seriously.

Scottish bars have small pitchers of spring water on the bar. The whisky you order is served by itself, or "neat," in a glass. It's good form to add a splash of the water to "open up the flavor," but nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages