Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 04:20 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Reds:Red Zinfindel (Ravenswood) Merlot (Franciscan, Stags Leap, Cakebread, Smoking Loon, Ferrari Carrano)
Whites: Sauvignon Blanc (Simi) Caymus Conundrum........just to name a few.
Champagne: Pierre Jouet, Vouve Clicquo (sp)

Conundrum! Thanks for bringing it up! Haven't had it in a couple of years, but since it's a meritage, vintage shouldn't matter much. Will be the perfect wine for Christmas turkey! Everybody likes it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,968 times
Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa (Silver Oak and Stag's Leap comes to mind), good Viognier (which can be hard to find) and Zinfandel from my area (Paso Robles, Ca). Whenever my friends or family come to visit I always drag them out winetasting. I love wine!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:08 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
We stopped in Florida at a Muscadine Winery ... bought the white muscadine wine and it was good.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa (Silver Oak and Stag's Leap comes to mind), good Viognier (which can be hard to find) and Zinfandel from my area (Paso Robles, Ca). Whenever my friends or family come to visit I always drag them out winetasting. I love wine!!!

I'm not a big fan of Viognier. But Holy Moly, two seriously allocated wines. Any Silver Oak Cab and a few Stag's Leap. Love Rosenblum's Zins. Few & far between in FL. You lucky dog.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:14 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Nothing does it like a solid German Riesling for me. Chardonnay is okay but only if its lightly oaked and from a certain region of France. I'm still trying to figure out where I lie with red wines....they are often far too bold for me.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:43 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
lovelovelove the New Zealand sauvignon blancs that are out there now..... Zardettos prosecco is my fave bubbly
sterling lake pinot noir
I drink a lot of whites, must be because its hot here for most of the year?
I also drink quite a bit of Stone Hill Winery Hermannsberger red, its a Mo winery.
I also agree that a wine need not be expensive to be wonderful!
Lets face it, I just plain love vino!

Old 01-19-2008, 03:55 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
My favorite whites are Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay (Russian River), La Crema Chardonnay, also like Kendall Jackson Sauvignon Blanc & Chardonnay. I like a variety of reds, its hard to nail just one as my favorite. I would say Sterling has a great Merlot.

I like to go to the local wineries( Churon winery's Cab is delicious ), some have wonderful wines, and decent prices too. Sometimes I'll just grab a bottle of two buck chuck at Trader Joes.

Has anyone tried Spina Merlot ( I got it as a gift and it was really tasty) I think it's Sicilian. It's a bit earthy and oakey, with a grapey after taste, which I like.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:59 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,736,301 times
Oregon pinot noir
Aussie syrah/shiraz
French merlot
Chilean chianti

not a white, sparkling or champagne fan

Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Thumbs up Nectar of the Gods

My favorite wines come from Napa Valley, with Alexander Valley coming in a close second place. I also tend to drink more red wine than white, but it really depends on the food. In order of preference:
  • Cabernet Sauvignon: Opus One, Dalla Valle, Far Niente, Stags Leap, Silver Oak, Sterling Vineyards
  • Chardonnay: Far Niente, Kongsgaard, Grgich Hills
  • Merlot: Paloma, Twomey
  • Pinot Noir: Kosta Browne, Sine Qua Non
  • Vintage Ruby Port (at least 20 years old): Graham, Fonseca, Dow, Warre

Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 PM

Opus One. Which vintage?

Stag's Leap or Stag's Leap Winery?

Nickel & Nickel /Far Niente...Anything they make is ...Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages