Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:49 PM

361 posts, read 431,592 times

Advertisements

I am going to a family weekend wedding in a few weeks, and the wedding is on a Saturday, but the day after is a designated drinking day for the young people, after all the older people go home. Nobody drives that day and everyone drinks from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep at 3am and does everything under the influence. I have never been really drunk before, the one time I was mildly drunk, I puked half the next day. I really do not like the aspect of getting sick, and I do not want to spoil anyone's fun by not participating. The only reason I don't get drunk is because of being sick afterwards. I really want to participate if I can, so in all seriousness, is there a way I can drink as much as everyone else and not wind up being sick or extremely hungover that night and the next day? I don't want to look like a dork to everyone by drinking water in between alcoholic drinks, but I really don't enjoy the after-effects of getting drunk. I want to participate somehow without throwing up and without spoiling anyone's fun. Please be serious with your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 04:57 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
WOW I am speechless.

Your body can't handle booze, I'm the same way. The throwing up is showing you this. Dang you can die from on overdose of alcohol. You have no tolerance.

I'd go home with the old folks.

Sorry.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
WOW I am speechless.

Your body can't handle booze, I'm the same way. The throwing up is showing you this. Dang you can die from on overdose of alcohol. You have no tolerance.

I'd go home with the old folks.

Sorry.
That's not true. I drank 4 beers on Christmas Eve and felt tipsy, but not nauseous at all. I also drank 4 glasses of White Zinfandel at Thanksgiving, and despite being tipsy, also did not get sick. Also, I drank 3 glasses of red wine on an empty stomach at a friend's party and was throwing up the next morning. I've never drank anything other than wine or beer because I'm not sure how I would handle it.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I rarely get sick when I drink, maybe twice in the past decade. I tend to not drink past a mild buzz.

I would not drink all day and try to keep up with others if your goal is not to get sick. I would pace my drinking pretty slowly and alternate with nonalcoholic hydration and eat plenty.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I rarely get sick when I drink, maybe twice in the past decade. I tend to not drink past a mild buzz.

I would not drink all day and try to keep up with others if your goal is not to get sick. I would pace my drinking pretty slowly and alternate with nonalcoholic hydration and eat plenty.
Yeah, I'm thinking that's what I'll do. The goal on this day is to get HAMMERED, and the drinking starts as soon as people wake up, so I hopefully won't be too uncomfortable being around wasted people if I am just tipsy.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
That sounds like a huge drag. Just saying.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:32 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,157 times
to answer the op's question, yes, there is.

it's called Red Rieshi Mushroom Powder.

purchase a bag on amazon.

mix two teaspoons with 20 ounces of water and drink up at least 2 hours before drinking alcohol.

no hangover, barely any dry mouth and a decent sleep.

the reason i don't use it often though is because as soon as i drink an ale while on it, i get very sleepy. like antihistamine sleepy. but everyone's body is different so at least try it and see if it works for you. it's not that expensive and oddly it has some interesting medicinal effects on the liver enzymes.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:24 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,878,006 times
Some people process alcohol better than others. The best plan is to drink slow, don't mix it up, alternate water through the day, and keep some food in your belly.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
That sounds like a huge drag. Just saying.
I know, but it's a tradition our family does every time someone gets married. They walk to restaurants drunk, go hiking in the woods drunk, etc. I usually just go home and don't participate, but I'm thinking of doing it this year. But yeah, the idea of drinking vodka, jungle juice, etc, first thing in the morning sounds disgusting to me. We are all in our teens and 20s, so they drink these types of drinks mostly, and cheap brands also. Are there any particular drinks I should avoid if I participate to some extent? I was thinking of drinking only beer the whole time, but I hear this can make it worse, and I always get sick from any quantity of cheap beer, but can drink 3-5 expensive beers and feel fine. I do have trusted people I can drink with, but they drink mostly vodka, and start first thing in the morning. Everyone takes a break in the afternoon, then eats dinner and drinks from the time dinner is done until 3 or 4 in the morning. Then drive home the next afternoon when they sober up.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:39 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
the day after is a designated drinking day for the young people, after all the older people go home. Nobody drives that day and everyone drinks from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep at 3am and does everything under the influence.
Wow, classy event. Let me guess, you also pay a cover, and that money goes to the lucky couple? Will there be a co-mingling swingers room too?

Who goes down for letting the underaged drinkers get drunk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages