Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 12:19 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,675,499 times

Advertisements

Thought it was just allergies. Tons of sneezing when at home, i dont sneeze at work. I figure im allergic to something in my town or near my house. Wake up with stuffed nose the last few weeks. I dont have a cold. Sometimes at home my chest gets tight and i can barely breathe. Now when i cough it tastes like metal or something. Woke up last night barely able to breathe, tight chest, wheezing.

I was given albuterol inhaler when i had diverticulitis like 5 months ago. I have been using the inhaler to help me breathe lately. Is it just allergies? Im pretty healthy. I went to the gym yesterday and did a bit of cardio. No problems there. Only seems to happen at certain times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Could be food allergies, have an allergist test for them. Glutten products cause allergic reactions in many people.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Think about what cleaning products, or bath salts etc you might be using, and dont use air fresheners ..

Old 07-26-2013, 07:01 PM

4 posts, read 15,893 times
Default Sneezing home solutions

Hi:

Allergies occur when the immune system overreacts to foreign substances in the environment called allergens.
Exposure to what is normally a harmless substance, such as pollen, causes the immune system to react as if the substance is not harmful. In essence, allergies are the efforts of your body to get rid of substances that are dangerous feeling. You may have allergies, but there are a number of things you can do to help prevent, treat and live with their symptoms. Some useful to make your life a little easier allergy advice: keep windows closed to help eliminate pollen in the air, air filter and clean it and use it frequently, stay away from wetlands where mold grows, wear a mask and gloves when cleaning the house.

Tree pollen, grass pollen and other allergens may upset your senses and keep you from enjoying outdoor activities altogether. If you are a victim of seasonal allergies, you know that sneezing, itching, watery eyes, runny nose, nasal congestion and other allergy symptoms can be avoided right mind. There are a number of drugs against allergies as effective against. Or you may need to consult your doctor about the possible revenue.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 AM

813 posts, read 1,272,315 times
Reading this late, sorry.

I am wondering if you have a mold allergy? Perhaps change the filters in your car and your home A/C and heat systems. Also check for sources of moisture in basements/attics, etc. Mold can be quite toxic.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Could be food allergies, have an allergist test for them. Glutten products cause allergic reactions in many people.
Are you talking about gluten? One of the other threads in this forum has the word "glutten" too and I don't know if they are two different things. I've heard about gluten intolerance but I don't know what you mean by glutten. I googled it and all I can find is glutton--and I don't think we're discussing gluttons. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Yes 'gluten'. My bad mispelling it glutten...

Old 11-13-2013, 06:39 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,889,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Yes 'gluten'. My bad mispelling it glutten...
As long as you're not a glutton for the gluten, all should go well.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
As long as you're not a glutton for the gluten, all should go well.
I'm glad we got that cleared up. I don't know anything about gluten intolerance and was actually thinking that might be a new word for me.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
The taste in your mouth can come from the Albuterol or a combination of drugs. It is not unusual. Use a mouth wash at night before you go to bed. If that doesn't work ask your friendly pharmacist.

Alubuterol is used to treat lungs. It is primarily used short term to treat coughs caused by lung congestion (pneumonia) and allergies. It is used long term to treat lung disease. If the problem only occurs at home it could be something as simple as wet leaves, pets, fireplace creosote or residue, smoke or dust, upholstered furniture, carpeting, and most certainly open windows. My spouse had lung disease for a number of years. I was very good a managing it. No colds, flu, allergy flares or lung infections; I changed filters every two weeks.

There are things you need to do now to eliminate several possibilities.
0. Do not open windows or doors screens.
1. Have your furnace professionally cleaned.
2. Change the filter in your furnace to a 3M Filtrete Filter that traps allergens, dust, smoke, pet dander, virus, bacteria and mold spores. Change it every two weeks for two months. Thereafter every month. You should be breathing better and depend less on the inhaler after the first month.
3. Use a fan at night on low speed when you sleep. It circulates stagnant air and helps you breathe easier. Make sure the blades are dust free. It does not blow ON YOU. It only used to circulates low level air flow.
4. Do not use your fireplace unless it is electric.

The furnace filter is very important. Everyone and their brother sells a pleated filter. 3M is the only filter that expressly lists everything it removes. I use the 3M Filtrete 1900. Every time you open a door or window you invite mold spores in the house. It is in the ground. Every time you walk in the yard you release it and breathe it. The filter states 90 days. Ignore it. You need to have clean air at home first; the 90 days come later.

If you do not feel better, it is not an allergy to nature. I could be in your house. Buy a plastic mattress cover with a zipper. Use a regular cotton mattress cover over it. IF *it* is in the mattress it will stay inside the mattress cover. These cost a little more but they wear well. You will have it a long time. If you have upholstered furniture in the room where you spend most of the time when you are home, have Service Master clean your carpets. An then clean your furniture. Cover it completely with sheets.

If these tests/trials don't give you relief, the next stop is a Pulmonologist. If you have a undiagnosed lung issue the faster you get it under control the faster you will feel better.

Albuterol is a bronchodilator that relaxes muscles in the airways and increases air flow to the lungs. The tightness you feel in your chest may be related to restricted air flow. Most will feel a similar affect with an an oxygen concentrator and also during lung therapy.

Be aware. When we moved our new doctor thought I was loony when I talked about filters. By the time he had a new baby he was using the same filter as I was! He still does and he still changes it every 30 days.

If you have other questions send me a private message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Thought it was just allergies. Tons of sneezing when at home, i dont sneeze at work. I figure im allergic to something in my town or near my house. Wake up with stuffed nose the last few weeks. I dont have a cold. Sometimes at home my chest gets tight and i can barely breathe. Now when i cough it tastes like metal or something. Woke up last night barely able to breathe, tight chest, wheezing.

I was given albuterol inhaler when i had diverticulitis like 5 months ago. I have been using the inhaler to help me breathe lately. Is it just allergies? Im pretty healthy. I went to the gym yesterday and did a bit of cardio. No problems there. Only seems to happen at certain times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies