Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 08:59 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Actually, Mag Oil is great for stress and muscle aches. It's just not easy to find in the local stores and must be purchased online and it's not cheap. I use about 3 to 4 tablespoons mixed with a couple tablespoons of water (to dilute it) and let the soles of my feet soak for 20 minutes or so. I have gotten involved with what is on TV and actually gone an hour........and the next morning I had a hard time waking up - deep sleep, I learned I am super-sensitive to the stuff. It helps with restless leg syndrome and those with Charlie horse cramps.

Edited to add: the most optimal method to get Magnesium is trans-dermal, or through the skin. Just as B12 is by injection and so on.
Erm, if this is really and truly oil you're dealing with, you can't dilute it with water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Erm, if this is really and truly oil you're dealing with, you can't dilute it with water.
This seems to be the explanation:

WHAT IS “OIL OF MAGNESIUM?”
“Magnesium oil” is a term that was coined early in the development of transdermal magnesium therapy. Though applied in a manner similar to beneficial natural oils, magnesium oil in its composition is actually a highly concentrated solution of magnesium chloride in water.

Magnesium Oil | Ancient Minerals About halfway down the page. So it's called an oil but it really isn't.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:24 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You can mix up a recipe of magnesium "oil" which is not oil at all but just water and epsom salts.

Oh, the reason they call it oil is b/c it sort of has the texture of a very light oil.
I used it yesterday and today after my shower and my skin feels soft as a baby's butt right now. And yes, New England, I made mine with boiled tap water yesterday and made a small amount--enough for a couple of days. Really, it's just a 1:1 ratio of ES and water and then if you like it and want to go fancy you can get the MgCl flakes and distilled water.

I don't know whether it's the extra Mg or iodine I've been taking, but my hair feels really thick and full today and my friend was telling me that it looks great today.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:34 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Actually, Mag Oil is great for stress and muscle aches. It's just not easy to find in the local stores and must be purchased online and it's not cheap. I use about 3 to 4 tablespoons mixed with a couple tablespoons of water (to dilute it) and let the soles of my feet soak for 20 minutes or so. I have gotten involved with what is on TV and actually gone an hour........and the next morning I had a hard time waking up - deep sleep, I learned I am super-sensitive to the stuff. It helps with restless leg syndrome and those with Charlie horse cramps.

Edited to add: the most optimal method to get Magnesium is trans-dermal, or through the skin. Just as B12 is by injection and so on.
I tried a version of your trick last night, spraying it on the soles of my feet just before bed and was able to sleep 9.5 hours (which is amazing for me).

Old 12-17-2013, 05:31 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
My product is a spray: Pure Magnesium Oil (magnesium chloride brine) From the Ancient Zechstein Seabed.

I spray about 6 sprays onto each foot mostly on bottoms--right before bed. Wait until dry. Put on socks. (it is a bit itchy at times)

I do this three-four times a week.

I also supplement with iodine,selenium, a little zinc, vit D3, K2, Vit B complex, B12, probiotic, butter and skate fish oil. Organic/gmo free. Gluten free. Raw dairy. Grass fed/finished beef. Free range poultry. Filtered water/air. Rebound.

Love herbal or healing teas. Lemon water. Ginger. Apple cider vinegar with raw honey and ceylon cinnamon drinks. RAw CACAO 80% or better--dark.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
My product is a spray: Pure Magnesium Oil (magnesium chloride brine) From the Ancient Zechstein Seabed.

I spray about 6 sprays onto each foot mostly on bottoms--right before bed. Wait until dry. Put on socks. (it is a bit itchy at times)

I do this three-four times a week.

I also supplement with iodine,selenium, a little zinc, vit D3, K2, Vit B complex, B12, probiotic, butter and skate fish oil. Organic/gmo free. Gluten free. Raw dairy. Grass fed/finished beef. Free range poultry. Filtered water/air. Rebound.

Love herbal or healing teas. Lemon water. Ginger. Apple cider vinegar with raw honey and ceylon cinnamon drinks. RAw CACAO 80% or better--dark.
Thank you to anyone who has suggested magnesium oil. I bought some yesterday in the natural foods store. Just a small bottle to see if it works. I do take magnesium anyway because I was tested to very deficient.

At bedtime I rubbed it on my feet and feel asleep. After decades of insomnia and pills. It did wear off in a few hours but I rubbed some more on my feet and fell back to sleep. I woke up and had to do it one more time--but that's fine, considering.

It didn't make me FEEL different but it sure did make me sleep.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

It didn't make me FEEL different but it sure did make me sleep.
Yes I take the Mg pills before bed and I sleep really good these days. That's really impressive when you consider the stress I've had lately and the fact that I'm menopausal. I'm going to have to try spraying my feet though.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Yes I take the Mg pills before bed and I sleep really good these days. That's really impressive when you consider the stress I've had lately and the fact that I'm menopausal. I'm going to have to try spraying my feet though.
Magnesium is really hard to absorb and for some of us it must be almost impossible. I think I could have traveled the world with all the money I've spent on magnesium all these years and it helped, somewhat. It has helped with foot cramps and it's probably helped in ways that I can't even see but this magnesium oil was a very pleasant and welcome surprise. It absorbs fine right though the skin. I think there is more to my insomnia than magnesium but this is a great breakthrough.

Stepka, that *is* very good in your situation where they would probably be prescribing sleeping pills for you! And sleep is so important in restoring your health.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Just remember that Magnesium is also a laxative

Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Just remember that Magnesium is also a laxative
And for me that's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine