Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 05:51 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No, I just don't want to discount something because of lack or weak evidence.
That is how this whole thing works. If you have evidence that it works, then you have something. If you have no evidence then your hypothesis is just that. You need to have some evidence to prove something.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:14 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
I believe the body is capable of ridding itself of cancer. We know that cancer is relative to a metabolic disorder that is no longer held in check by the body's efforts. So I don't think that the statement was at all ridiculous. If the body gets what is needed (the mystery here), then it will eliminate the cancer problem.
"We" know no such thing..

"Cancer" isn't a single entity, there are many different types with different causes and behaviors....there will never be a single cure for cancer because cancer isn't a singular entity.

Clearly "the body" isn't capable of ridding itself of cancer at some point, again, if it were possible, it would happen...it doesn't happen therefore it isn't possible.

And yes the statement referenced was beyond ridiculous, I can think up a hundred different disease states/conditions/illnesses that the "body" is not capable of curing on its own without even really trying hard...

Old 09-19-2013, 06:34 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
"We" know no such thing..

"Cancer" isn't a single entity, there are many different types with different causes and behaviors....there will never be a single cure for cancer because cancer isn't a singular entity.

Clearly "the body" isn't capable of ridding itself of cancer at some point, again, if it were possible, it would happen...it doesn't happen therefore it isn't possible.

And yes the statement referenced was beyond ridiculous, I can think up a hundred different disease states/conditions/illnesses that the "body" is not capable of curing on its own without even really trying hard...
Illogical conclusion. Doesn't matter how many different forms of cancer there is. As long as we address Cancer's unique attributes that make it a "cancer", we can defeat it.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
This is such a ridiculously naive and uninformed statement it should be highlighted but is not deserving of a response....
Who do you presume cures disease then? God? Doctors? Oh wait, that's being redundant, isn't it.

There is no EXTERNAL magic, dear bluedevilz, it is only our own body that cures itself. Even before The Lord of Antibiotics created his magical brew, people were actually RECOVERING from diseases that modern medicine would rather have us believe were uncurable, yes, even Tetanus, Rabies and the Bubonic Plague, historically have had survivors (not many, I'll grant you), and most (if not all) cancer survivors have their own immune system to thank far and above the poisonous cocktails that modern medicine has concocted to take the credit.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-20-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That is how this whole thing works. If you have evidence that it works, then you have something. If you have no evidence then your hypothesis is just that. You need to have some evidence to prove something.
Well there is evidence. Brain tumors were completely cured in mice and the video I posted in the OP goes into that.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Well there is evidence. Brain tumors were completely cured in mice and the video I posted in the OP goes into that.
A YouTube video hardly counts as evidence. Where are studies, reports, all being peer reviewed? Where's the data? Good solid data? Sorry, your video doesn't count.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Who do you presume cures disease then? God? Doctors? Oh wait, that's being redundant, isn't it.

There is no EXTERNAL magic, dear bluedevilz, it is only our own body that cures itself. Even before The Lord of Antibiotics created his magical brew, people were actually RECOVERING from diseases that modern medicine would rather have us believe were uncurable, yes, even Tetanus, Rabies and the Bubonic Plague, historically have had survivors (not many, I'll grant you), and most (if not all) cancer survivors have their own immune system to thank far and above the poisonous cocktails that modern medicine has concocted to take the credit.

20yrsinBranson
Quote:
I believe the body is capable of ridding itself of cancer. We know that cancer is relative to a metabolic disorder that is no longer held in check by the body's efforts. So I don't think that the statement was at all ridiculous. If the body gets what is needed (the mystery here), then it will eliminate the cancer problem.
I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer a month after my 23rd birthday. No family history of ANY kind of cancer, healthy eating habits (in fact, I had done ketogenic diets in the past - didn't know my weight problem was a result of having 15lbs of tumor in my body and my hormones all out of whack because of the cancer!), active lifestyle, not rolling around in toxic sludge (and we even did environmental testing at my childhood home to see if my brother or parents were at risk - nada, just pure country earth). Sometimes, it just happens. And if I had modified my diet alone in hopes that my immune system would let me survive, I'd have died a long, drawn out, excruciating death before I was 25 years old.

My strong immune system was what kept my cancer from killing me despite growing for 5 years undiagnosed - but it still grew.

Modifying diet and taking supplements is fine, and often encouraged by oncologists and onco-nutritionists, in conjunction with a tested, approved plan of treatment. But it's not going to work alone.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer a month after my 23rd birthday. No family history of ANY kind of cancer, healthy eating habits (in fact, I had done ketogenic diets in the past - didn't know my weight problem was a result of having 15lbs of tumor in my body and my hormones all out of whack because of the cancer!), active lifestyle, not rolling around in toxic sludge (and we even did environmental testing at my childhood home to see if my brother or parents were at risk - nada, just pure country earth). Sometimes, it just happens. And if I had modified my diet alone in hopes that my immune system would let me survive, I'd have died a long, drawn out, excruciating death before I was 25 years old.

My strong immune system was what kept my cancer from killing me despite growing for 5 years undiagnosed - but it still grew.

Modifying diet and taking supplements is fine, and often encouraged by oncologists and onco-nutritionists, in conjunction with a tested, approved plan of treatment. But it's not going to work alone.
Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-20-2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Okay, people, this thread is getting overly contentious. Remember, this is an alternative medicine forum and people are free to discuss treatments that do not have related studies, reports, data, etc.

Also, please keep to the topic and do not get too personal--avoid personal attacks and that includes sarcastic remarks to people. If someone does attack you, remember to report them, not fight with them. Infractions will be issued if rules are broken.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Well the moderator cut my last comment as if it was rude but it was a serious question. So here goes a different way of asking, do you think it is by chance that your cancer will not return? I ask because you seem to insist that diet had nothing do with it which means that anything put into your body would be ruled out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine