Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times

Advertisements

Some basic saline spray should do the trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 12:00 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Thanks everybody!

I really appreciate the recommendations!

Now I'm at home and the problem disappears (my heating system has a humidifier built into it). Using a mist machine or humidifier at work is not possible, unfortunately.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
I have found coconut oil to be very helpful. Just dab a little inside your nostrils throughout the day.

Too bad a mist machine isn't possible at work.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:25 AM

11 posts, read 12,126 times
Talking about home remedies, I’ve been hearing that almond oil mixed with aloe Vera gel is perfect to treat dry nose but you can also use coconut oil.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:58 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, here it is, almost winter and the building I work in dries out my nostrils. Then I get nose bleeds. Not bad nose bleeds ... only noticeable when I blow my nose, there is a little blood in the mucus. The atmosphere is very dry in this building. I don't have this problem in my own home. The dried mucus/blood solidifies inside my nostril and then I get the urge to pick it! Disgusting I know!! But there's dried gunk inside my nose!!

Can anyone give me good advice?

Right now what I'm doing is wetting a couple of paper towels with cold water from the drinking fountain and hold the moist cold towels up to me nose and face. This gives me temporary relief.
I had the same problem a couple of years ago, went to an ENT doc and he said it was from dryness in the air and recommended saline nose spray. I also have a humidifier on my furnace now. You can buy a cold air vaporizer and place it near your desk/work area at work, it will moisturize the air around you.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM

6 posts, read 6,707 times
Dry places are the main factor of nose bleed, I usually get nose bleed and as home remedy I just take a cotton ball filled with white vinegar then plug it in my nostril. I read in some books that vinegar helps seal up the blood vessel wall.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:27 AM

3 posts, read 4,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, here it is, almost winter and the building I work in dries out my nostrils. Then I get nose bleeds. Not bad nose bleeds ... only noticeable when I blow my nose, there is a little blood in the mucus. The atmosphere is very dry in this building. I don't have this problem in my own home. The dried mucus/blood solidifies inside my nostril and then I get the urge to pick it! Disgusting I know!! But there's dried gunk inside my nose!!

Can anyone give me good advice?

Right now what I'm doing is wetting a couple of paper towels with cold water from the drinking fountain and hold the moist cold towels up to me nose and face. This gives me temporary relief.
Have you ever read this book “180 remedies from Grandma Maureen”, the health publishing company edition? If you are looking for the best and effective home remedies, there are several ones in it. In fact, natural or home remedies are free and beneficial since they are harmless.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
I've been using Ocean brand saline nasal spray that has worked well over the years. It's over the counter and without any medication that would bother my allergies.

Sometimes I get a washrag wet with HOT water and hold it to my nose, breathing in the moist warm air helps at times.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 AM

11 posts, read 12,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maewen View Post
Have you ever read this book “180 remedies from Grandma Maureen”, the health publishing company edition? If you are looking for the best and effective home remedies, there are several ones in it. In fact, natural or home remedies are free and beneficial since they are harmless.

I’ve already had an overview of books edited by the health publishing company, they all were helpful and interesting but this one “180 remedies from Grandma Maureen”, it’s the first time I discover it. Its title sounds very interesting, it seems as if there are kinds of traditional remedies in it.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,349 times
Hello Clark Park..
Try out these easy and very effective home remedies..

Vinegar is known to be very effective in stopping nose bleeding. Hence take a cotton ball or a piece of cloth dipped in white vinegar. Plug it in the nostril that's bleeding to instantly stop nose bleeding.

Another very effective way to stop nose bleeding is to put a drop or two of lemon juice in the nostril that is bleeding.

[mod]too new to make recommendations[/mod]

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-06-2014 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: too new to make recommendations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine