Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 06:08 PM

309 posts, read 367,074 times

Advertisements

Cayenne pepper. What you have in the spice cabinet will do the trick, or you can buy capsules. It will act as a styptic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, here it is, almost winter and the building I work in dries out my nostrils. Then I get nose bleeds. Not bad nose bleeds ... only noticeable when I blow my nose, there is a little blood in the mucus. The atmosphere is very dry in this building. I don't have this problem in my own home. The dried mucus/blood solidifies inside my nostril and then I get the urge to pick it! Disgusting I know!! But there's dried gunk inside my nose!!

Can anyone give me good advice?

Right now what I'm doing is wetting a couple of paper towels with cold water from the drinking fountain and hold the moist cold towels up to me nose and face. This gives me temporary relief.
Just a few thoughts: A cool air humidifier in your room to sleep might help. I had the same nose issues and finally got some of the Gold Bond Healing Hand Cream and put a small 'dot' of it on the back of my hand and then, with a clean index finger, shoved it gently up into my nostrils and giving them a good coating. I cleaned out the old with a Kleenex and water and did the GB dot daily or twice daily and never had the dry, bloody nasal issues again. Now I just make sure I have the cream year 'round as it is great for its intended use...the hands too, and mine are always cracked from washing them. I hope it helps.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:29 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Get a saline nasal spray. Not Afrin! A basic nasal spray can be used as often as needed without fear of addiction. Spray when your nose feels dry. Many building rules prevent the use of individual heaters. I would stay away from anything that plugs into the electrical system at work.
I'm a 40 YEAR, off and on Afrin user and there are no documented horrible adverse effects from using it. My allergies showed themselves when I moved to NC and I keep it around my home but I would not say I have any 'addiciton' to it. I don't have the rebound effect, either. Sometimes I go a month or more not using it, but then it is either becomes Spring and the trees are all blooming, or it is Ragweed and or Crepe Myrtle season, or then it is Fall and all the leaves fall and get wet/moldy. Any other time, I don't use the Afrin. I also used it my whole pregnancy (worried that my son would be born with 3 eyes or a cleft palate...NOT! He was a 35 week preemie, who weighed 7 lbs and was 23" long at his birth (he just ran out of room inside me)! I also live on Pseudoephedrine, daily. I have paid for the fancy Claritin and Zerterc but neither one did much for me. I use Flticasone nasal spray when the Ragweed and Crepe Myrtle are in bloom. I wouldn't give you 2 cents for another Netti pot, but I have a friend who is 'addicted' to hers. Heck! BOTH are better than heroin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine