Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 05:59 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

The risk from the enemas is electrolyte abnormalities and infections. You do not have to perforate the colon for those to happen.

When you add in that the whole idea was cooked up by a dentist who never had any evidence that he cured a single cancer and that coffee enemas do not do anything to treat cancer, the risk definitely exceeds the benefit.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:39 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The risk from the enemas is electrolyte abnormalities and infections. You do not have to perforate the colon for those to happen.

When you add in that the whole idea was cooked up by a dentist who never had any evidence that he cured a single cancer and that coffee enemas do not do anything to treat cancer, the risk definitely exceeds the benefit.
And yet all of the women at the meeting the other day had been doing them for awhile--1 woman for 5 years at least, and all were doing very well with it and I don't think they'd keep doing it if they didn't see a benefit. How high is the risk?

The thing about curing cancer with holistic methods is that if it is indeed cured, most docs will call it spontaneous remission b/c they either can't figure exactly which thing cured it, or else they just refuse to believe that holistic had anything to do with it. There is a great book out--Radical Remission by Kelly Turner, and in it she discusses the nine things that those who have a spontaneous remission have in common, so turns out it's not just a bolt out of the blue. The nine things are: radically changing your diet (hello Gerson), Using herbs and supplements, taking control of your own health, deepening spirituality, embracing social support, increasing positive emotions, following your intuition, releasing suppressed emotions, and having strong reasons for living. Only two of those are physical and no coffee enemas were mentioned.

I know you will say that SR is very rare and it's true that it is and it's not as rare as people think. I know 2 people that it's happened to and another who has a dormant brain tumor just from deepening his spirituality--15 years ago. Of the other two, one is a pastor who had a anointing ceremony done and had a diagnosed pancreatic tumor disappear by the time his surgery date came, and the other was a single mom meth head who had stage IV inoperable cervical/uterine cancer and all she did was make amends with people to apologize for all the harm she had done. Now she gives talks to addiction groups. As for the pastor, I think he believed so strongly in the power of the anointing ceremony that it worked for him and this was years ago and he is now well up in his 80's. He anointed me but my belief wasn't as strong.

If a cure doesn't come, and it often doesn't, the truth is that it's quite possible to stop a tumor from growing and as we know, it's growing tumors that kill you. If you're willing to live with a lump in your breast or a pea in your brain, you can live and happily. After one year you can become used to almost anything.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
Chemo does NOT cure cancer claims a Dr. Deng on a recent study in medscape. "Only surgery".

His words. Not mine.

I am of the opinion, if you take care of your body and health you could very well live cancer free. It takes alot of research, tenacity to eat properly and not always believe in mainstream medicines.
Its a business.

Bottom line: a BUSINESS.

Too many folks today throw caution to the wind with their health leaving the undoing of bad choices up to those trained to sell.
My opinion. I lived it.

Cancer is not one disease. My cancer, for instance, IS cured by chemo. Surgery won't do a thing for it - it's a blood cancer.

Don't listen to any "doctor" who refers to cancer as a monolith, any more than you'd listen to a doctor who says that all auto-immune or all neurological disorders are the same. They're not.

I know several people who did alternative medicine alone when diagnosed with cancer. Most are now dead. On the contrary, most of the people who went through conventional medical approaches to their cancers are alive and well, myself included. I wouldn't have seen my 25th birthday with money pits like the Gerson "therapy."

Old 05-12-2015, 10:43 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Well you know, I am the "victim" here and I don't feel blamed by anyone--I don't even blame myself. But I can look back on my life and see patterns that fed into making a body ripe for cancer to grow and now that I am learning about things I can do to help myself, I feel empowered, not blamed.

The thing is, most of us don't spend a lot of time thinking, "I should do this so I don't get cancer," or "I'd better stop eating sugar b/c it won't be good for my body and I might get cancer." I mean, we all know what we should do but often aren't motivated to make the real changes until it's too late, and in my case with sugar, I was too addicted to stop for long.

The problem with thinking that it's genetics or other forces beyond our control is that we give up any responsibility for our own health. Yes, it is more difficult to stay healthy in such a polluted environment, but it turns out there are many ways to cleanse your body--ways that are often looked down upon with derision by those on here who think altmed is for quacks and naive sweet innocents eager to part with their money. And despite having a family history full of cancer I really don't think there is a direct genetic connection--at least they've never been able to find one, except for a few gene mutations in the minority of cases, like BRCA1 and 2 in the case of breast and prostate cancer. There seems to be some connection, but what they have found is that adopted children get cancer at the same rates as their adoptive families, so it would seem to be at least somewhat lifestyle related.

I've been looking at the MTHFR genetic research, and it seems somewhat more likely that it's related to that. Cancer runs full in my family and so does B-12 deficiencies--there are many other health problems in my family as well and severe ones. Dad had juvenile diabetes, and there is adult diabetes, dementia, several kinds of cancer, you name it we've got it in our family, and oh yes, mental issues such as ADHD and autism. Oh, and allergies. I had them bad at one time--even meds didn't help, but after working with my holistic doc for 1.5 years, I am the only one not sniffling around here these last few weeks and that's not even what I went to go see him about--and I've not been taking any meds specifically for that. So I guess another really great thing I can say for holistic is it fixes a lot of your other problems as well.
And I look back at my life (all 17 years of it) before cancer and only see behavioral patterns that should have meant that I was guaranteed NOT to develop any health issues. Active childhood, low stress, low sugar diet, and much of the produce I ate grown organically in our back yard. No family history of any kind of cancer. We had environmental testing done after my diagnosis out of fear for my younger brother - nothing.

The one thing I could control was getting the chemotherapy that would save my life.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:09 AM

674 posts, read 1,155,631 times
I eat garlic every day. My wife hates me but I have to do it. I almost died, I had brain tumor but doctor said not cancer.

I eat two in the morning (raw) you can't apply any heat to garlic. After that I do oil pulling. because mouth smells bad.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:58 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I think most people do some combination of traditional treatment along with alternative things like eating a healthy diet,maybe taking certain supplements, and avoiding junk food and processed foods. Added to that, limiting your exposure to chemicals in the environment that could cause cancer. So much is unknown that people do the best they can.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:04 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And I look back at my life (all 17 years of it) before cancer and only see behavioral patterns that should have meant that I was guaranteed NOT to develop any health issues. Active childhood, low stress, low sugar diet, and much of the produce I ate grown organically in our back yard. No family history of any kind of cancer. We had environmental testing done after my diagnosis out of fear for my younger brother - nothing.

The one thing I could control was getting the chemotherapy that would save my life.
And in your place I might've done the same. Like you said not all cancers are the same and with a blood cancer, chemo is the best treatment. I really am not a zealot but I had firm reasons for choosing as I did and was willing to pay the ultimate price if this doesn't work out and I did not grow up with the bounding good health that you've enjoyed. The opposite in fact, so I had a lot more room for improvement than you did.

fTR: I am not against conventional treatment for cancer. I am simply against it for me and for reasons I stated earlier. I do not think that people who choose it are foolish because I know we all do the best we can with a very bad situation.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:57 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And this proves. . . what? I am acquainted with a woman in her mid-fifties who is dying in great pain in the hospital right now with breast cancer and she has done nothing but conventional therapy. Thought she had it licked there for about a year. For some of us it is our time to go.

I'm going to tell you all now that it is absolutely pointless to try to talk "sense" into someone who has chosen holistic therapy for cancer or any other major disorder, if that's what they have their mind made up to do. There are many factors that may go into this, but the long and short of it is that a patient must believe in their therapy. Before you dismiss this as new age woo woo, I must remind you of the placebo effect--it's very strong, and there is the nocebo effect too--if you believe the tx will hurt you, it probably will. You must believe in your doctor, in your treatment plan, and in the medications you take. For me, it was a no-brainer. I've always been Ms. Natural, though I don't look much like a hippie, and then I saw the photos of my aunt while she was burning up after chemo. I've had bad reactions to anesthesia, and for me to lose any more brainpower with the ADHD going on made me realize that while I love my life, I have my limits and it would not be worth living if I couldn't work at what I love, and I was already on the edge of being unable to keep my job, or so I perceived it at the time. So, if I die next year, all of this will still have been worth it. Every minute of my life has been richer and more enjoyable since the dx and I wouldn't change a thing. Sounds nuts doesn't it?
He was in stage 2 prostate cancer. Would have lived with prostate surgery and radiation. He decided to try gerson 1st. By the time he decided to try conventional therapy, it was too late.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:14 AM

273 posts, read 211,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
If you or someone you know was diagnosed with cancer, this is an amazing opportunity to take part on the in's and out's of The Gerson Therapy. If you've never heard of it, or if you have but want to know more, it's highly recommended that you look into what it's all about for those who want to take control of their health and begin to heal themselves.

This documentary goes into some detail about the therapy, which is called The Gerson Miracle.

For more information about The Gerson Therapy, click this link.

If there have been people saved by it then it would be foolish to recommend against it unless there were more people harmed by it.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:39 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonplayer View Post
If there have been people saved by it then it would be foolish to recommend against it unless there were more people harmed by it.
That's the problem. There are no documented people who have been "saved" by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine