Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:11 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That's the problem. There are no documented people who have been "saved" by it.
The problem with documenting people who were saved by Gerson is that there isn't probably anyone who was saved by Gerson alone. When you get this thing and if you're holistically minded you start throwing every dart you have in your arsenal at it. You fast, you pray, you juice, you exercise, you take supplements--first this one then that one. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what works and what makes things worse (which is definitely stress for me). So if someone were to have cancer and do holistic therapy and claim to be cured and have a panel of experts investigate it, no doubt the experts would go away shaking their heads at how confusing it all is to untangle just what it is that made the cancer go away so they call it spontaneous remission. Drugs are testable, systems are not but nature is a system. Gerson has probably helped a lot of people and i know some folks it has helped a lot, but as mentioned earlier it's not what I chose. Doesn't mean I think it's crap--simply that it's not for me. OTOH, the ketogenic diet did help me b/c I needed to get my blood sugar down fast.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:00 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
He was in stage 2 prostate cancer. Would have lived with prostate surgery and radiation. He decided to try gerson 1st. By the time he decided to try conventional therapy, it was too late.
What I forgot to add was besides being too late for conventional medicine they were also thousands of dollars in the hole.

Gerson Therapy does work. It works to line Gerson practitioner's pockets

Old 05-13-2015, 08:43 PM

273 posts, read 211,114 times
I always hear people talking about giving MORE nutrients to people with cancer. I'm not sure this is the best approach. For example, it is known that increasing the amount of Folate in the diet can increase your chances of cancer. I believe this is because cancer really is a result of dysfunctional methylation. This is really where Transcription is in the setup phase and precisely where cancer is born is it not? Therefore, increasing some nutrients may surely be valuable but only if the nutrients that are deficient are realized. Otherwise, introducing additional nutrients in this cycle could deplete others especially if the nutrient introduced is synthesized with an already deficient nutrient thereby compounding the problem.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonplayer View Post
I always hear people talking about giving MORE nutrients to people with cancer. I'm not sure this is the best approach. For example, it is known that increasing the amount of Folate in the diet can increase your chances of cancer. I believe this is because cancer really is a result of dysfunctional methylation. This is really where Transcription is in the setup phase and precisely where cancer is born is it not? Therefore, increasing some nutrients may surely be valuable but only if the nutrients that are deficient are realized. Otherwise, introducing additional nutrients in this cycle could deplete others especially if the nutrient introduced is synthesized with an already deficient nutrient thereby compounding the problem.
Mmm hmm, I'm looking at that right now.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What I forgot to add was besides being too late for conventional medicine they were also thousands of dollars in the hole.

Gerson Therapy does work. It works to line Gerson practitioner's pockets
Mike, I am very sorry about your friend, but I must say that he went on his own terms. You can tell yourself till the cows come home, "If only my friend had chosen chemo. . . " but in fact with the set of life experiences that he had, he made the choice that he felt comfortable with. It is regrettable that he didn't make it, but he might not have anyway--plenty of folks with stage I get cured and then a few short years later they are stage IV and that's when my holistic doc often gets them. That's what happened to one of my newest friends--a woman with stage IV breast cancer--she was cured and then stage IV. She's doing better now but will never be cured.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
cancertutor dot com has 400 cancer treatments with them rated by type & stage of cancer. They get info from Docs & patients worldwide as to what worked for them. I'm also a big believer in cannabis oil, as it is causing complete remissions in 94%-96% of those with various types of stage IV cancers, after 90 days of treatment with 1 gram per day. Berkeley study used 72% THC, 28% CBD.

As you mentioned, help could be needed if one tries to cure their own cancer & an unexpected problem crops up. That is why the normally non-profit Independent Cancer Research Foundation (cancertutor.com) recommends 24 hour e-mail & phone support from a doctor outside US. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
If you're reading the stats then you know they're going by percentages, not how many people there are in the area. Interesting that Australia has higher numbers than the US but they're as developed as we are. Still, in general I believe they eat a healthier diet than we do and due to a much smaller population I believe they'd be less polluted.

There is a lot of info out there and the Gerson Therapy is only one of many. The hard part is making sense of it all and it's not really a DIY project.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:28 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
Chemotherapy weakens the immune system which increases the chance that when cancer comes back, the immune system is too weak to fight it. Glad you're OK, but some need an immune system strengthener like cannabis oil to survive chemo. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

The one thing I could control was getting the chemotherapy that would save my life.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Chemotherapy weakens the immune system which increases the chance that when cancer comes back, the immune system is too weak to fight it. Glad you're OK, but some need an immune system strengthener like cannabis oil to survive chemo. Best wishes.
So are the 90% of people who live 20+ years post-chemo for my type of cancer just flukes?

And that's 20+ years back before we have the current protocols - some of which have been introduced in the 4 years of remission I've already experienced. Next year, I will be called cured.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:02 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonplayer View Post
I believe this is because cancer really is a result of dysfunctional methylation.
In some cases.
DNA Methylation: An Alternative Pathway to Cancer

Old 05-14-2015, 09:05 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I'm also a big believer in cannabis oil, as it is causing complete remissions in 94%-96% of those with various types of stage IV cancers, after 90 days of treatment...
Not true. Cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine