Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times

Advertisements

Your "holistic" Dr. sounds brainwashed by Big Pharma. That's about like saying cancer or effective cancer treatment is just a fad. Usually the disc golf course has someone that can provide tiny dose 1 gram for $20 but police bust them once in a while. Cancer cure it must be in oil form. Rick Simpson once in Maccan, NS (Canada) used his entire life savings of $1.3 million to give free treatment/cure to 5,000 people, using cannabis oil. US found out, wanted life sentence for saving 5,000 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Wow I guess there is nobody and I don't either, but have thought of using it as alternative treatment for my cancer. Since I don't have the faintest idea where I'd obtain it, I've been looking at other methods. My holistic doc thinks it's a fad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Thanks for your post. "chemotherapy drug I must take daily for the rest of my life". Why trust that statement? Chemo weakens the immune system, so if the cancer comes back (likely) the cancer wins over the weakened immune system, & the patient is dead, but oncologist gets $300K(?) per corpse?

Overuse can't be fatal, just 1 way plant is superior over synthetics, along with fewer side effects.

It is under 1/3 as addicting than caffeine, but too addictive is excuse to not legalize. People wanting to protect jobs & profits results in medical lies.

CBD is for body pain, THC for head pain. About 1,000 strains I read, now they have info on many as to best strain for condition, how it feels, side effects at leafly dot com

It is safe for fetuses (to 120 year olds), but we must pretend not or sales to children shuts it all down if Feds make good on their threats.

Couch potato or not depends mainly on strains. High CBD=couch lock on these strains for body pain. High THC = being able to do some things. Frequent high THC users often it just makes them feel normal, so not likely a problem for driving. High CBD= people won't drive if they won't get off couch or if they feel really numb & can hardly walk. We need reality-based tests for impairment.

The CBD dose in a child's strain like Charlotte's Web is relatively low, but THC is even weaker. It really is almost like 1,000 different strains = 1,000 different medicines. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I'm a leukemia patient. I get bone pain, severe muscle spasms, nausea, sleep problems, etc., mostly from the chemotherapy drug I must take daily for the rest of my life. I've tried various pill forms of medication to counteract the above side effects, but those meds also have side effects and they just make things worse.

So I tried MMJ. You can take a few CBD drops under your tongue and you'll feel better in a few minutes. It counteracts the THC.

I have a relative in her late 80's whose doctor recommended it for uncontrollable pain. There was no other option for her. We have real medical issues that conventional medicine is unable to help without causing more problems.

Anyone can overuse it like alcohol or prescription drugs, but that does not mean it should not be available. Personally, I don't understand all the hype about it. And no, children should not be exposed to it. However, it has been proven that the CBD (non THC) MMJ has helped children with seizures, etc. which is wonderful.

No couch potatoes or stupor induced people I know of here. There's always someone who will overindulge

Old 04-02-2014, 01:03 AM

Oops! I meant to say cannabis for smoking or vaping is often available at disc golf courses, or other places teens & 20-somethings hang out. But smoking it causes most of the curing oil to burn up before inhaled. Vaporizing plant is better, but cancer can be cured with cannabis oil 90% chance for some. Delays or organ damage from radiation reduces chances & chemo weakens immune system. I realized since cannabis for any use is not legal in MO, the oil would be hard to find. IL has medical MJ. Finding a vaporizer in a state with no MMJ allowed would be hard to find & like MJ illegal to possess.

Smoking it can slow the growth of a cancer, & is useful for mood for some.

Medical MJ is in 20 states plus DC & "recreational" in CO & WA, & soon in AK, a few more states by 2016.

norml.org has state by state info where legal & maximum penalty for others.

Granny Storm Crow's list has the 200+ conditions that can be helped by cannabis. On many sites but easiest one to remember is medicalmarijuanadoctors.org/

400 cancer treatments are listed at cancertutor.com/ Some of these are legal. Best treatments for each type & stage are listed. Very detailed. Average 50% cure, but most would be higher if not organ damaged &/or delayed by standard "treatments". A priceless site for sure & uncorrupted by $$.

Some have moved to CO or are staying there until cured or until their state allows it, for best help with cannabis oil, but cancertutor.com may have something helpful. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Your "holistic" Dr. sounds brainwashed by Big Pharma. That's about like saying cancer or effective cancer treatment is just a fad. Usually the disc golf course has someone that can provide tiny dose 1 gram for $20 but police bust them once in a while. Cancer cure it must be in oil form. Rick Simpson once in Maccan, NS (Canada) used his entire life savings of $1.3 million to give free treatment/cure to 5,000 people, using cannabis oil. US found out, wanted life sentence for saving 5,000 lives!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Thanks for your post. "chemotherapy drug I must take daily for the rest of my life". Why trust that statement? Chemo weakens the immune system, so if the cancer comes back (likely) the cancer wins over the weakened immune system, & the patient is dead, but oncologist gets $300K(?) per corpse?

Overuse can't be fatal, just 1 way plant is superior over synthetics, along with fewer side effects.

It is under 1/3 as addicting than caffeine, but too addictive is excuse to not legalize. People wanting to protect jobs & profits results in medical lies.

CBD is for body pain, THC for head pain. About 1,000 strains I read, now they have info on many as to best strain for condition, how it feels, side effects at leafly dot com

It is safe for fetuses (to 120 year olds), but we must pretend not or sales to children shuts it all down if Feds make good on their threats.

Couch potato or not depends mainly on strains. High CBD=couch lock on these strains for body pain. High THC = being able to do some things. Frequent high THC users often it just makes them feel normal, so not likely a problem for driving. High CBD= people won't drive if they won't get off couch or if they feel really numb & can hardly walk. We need reality-based tests for impairment.

The CBD dose in a child's strain like Charlotte's Web is relatively low, but THC is even weaker. It really is almost like 1,000 different strains = 1,000 different medicines. Best wishes.

15 years ago most people with the type of leukemia I have died. The new chemo drugs for this leukemia have made it possible for many of us to live a normal life span. These drugs suppress the cancer cells, so if you stop taking it, the cancer cells multiply. Since there is not enough evidence for MMJ curing my leukemia, this is still my best course. I would welcome the research.

As far as your explanation of how CBD and THC affects users, I will politely disagree. High THC will cause couch potatoes and could interfere with driving. Especially if the strain is Indica (strong). It is the Sativa strain that energizes. CBD which has an extremely low amount of THC, is not felt and will not cause couch potatoes or impair driving. CBD is what is being extracted for children's seizures and does not cause children to be in a state of high.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:28 AM

409 posts, read 511,900 times
Default medical marijuana helps veterans with PTSD

Believe it or not, this could be the norm soon, as researchers at the University of Arizona are showing how medical marijuana helps veterans with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) cope with the flashbacks, insomnia and anxiety, and this comes from the lead researcher! The study cleared a major hurdle when the Public Health Service (part of U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) gave its approval. Now it's up to the DEA -- the Drug Enforcement Administration. (http://www.usatoday.com)

Learn more: Public Health Service approves marijuana testing for PTSD treatment

Old 08-13-2014, 02:03 PM

147 posts, read 327,599 times
I'm sure it varies, but what has been the experience you've had in trying to get a card?

I'm particularly wondering how far back into your medical history they need to go. I've got bulging discs in my neck that radiate pain with any type of tension..5 years of chiropractors, naturopaths, pain meds, you name it--nothing works and I don't want to have surgery. Just kind of preliminarily looking into what it might take to get this.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:28 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
From what I have seen, in CA, it is very easy to obtain a card.

I have used for insomnia. It works but I have difficulty waking up (more so than usual. )

I would like to try for my PTSD and depression but I want to learn more about the strains before bothering to get a card.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:53 PM

26 posts, read 29,134 times
My grandmother received her medical license card to consume at 87 years old. She had never smoked in her life.
For the last 20 years she has suffered from major hip and back pain due to a break, and several surgeries. Pain meds stopped working, appetite was not good (from the pain), side effects from all the meds.
Upon suggestion from family, she brought the cannabis idea up to her doctor and he was all for it.
It has been 2 years now, and our family is full of believers!
She uses Cannabis Oil Daily and her pain has been severely reduced. Appetite has returned...thanks to munchies. She has been able to gain movement and walks easier. Less on edge. I am all for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine