Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:04 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,624,965 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm at my aunt's dog sitting and I can't find any alka seltzer. I think I'm coming down with a cold - sneezing, coughing, runny nose. My aunt does have tea and home grown honey from the bees my other aunt and uncle raise. I was thinking of having some tea and honey, but are there other remedies as well? My cousin is vegan, so things in the house are limited (and they've been gone for a few weeks - house is getting pretty empty).

Thanks!

Jessica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 06:10 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Chicken soup. Its well known that it helps with colds.

Also, rest and stay warm even if you have to cover up in heavy blankets. Watch a few movies to fend off boredom while you are resting.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:34 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,299 times
I've found I can virtually knock out or at least severely limit the effects of most colds if day one I do the following: add two eye droppers full of LIQUOD ecenachia to my tea, two to three times a day and, use the zinc lozengers (e.g., Coldeze) several times a day for the first 2 days. That combination always works for me. But, enenachia pills don't work, got to be the liquod. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:54 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,624,965 times
Hi everyone,

I feel much better today. Had tea and a good night's sleep. My aunt and uncle are home now and I look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. I think when I'm not sleeping in my own bed or somewhere that isn't my house, I have difficulty sleeping for some reason. Since I'm home now, I'll go to bed early again. I'll also try your suggestion, nurider! I'm a librarian and usually catch colds from our patrons!

Thanks again,
Jessica

Old 10-27-2014, 08:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Me? And others that actually did what I told them?

Immediately place a hot water bottle at the base of the neck....not scalding mind you!
Sometimes move it to the front to get those lymph nodes, also.
You are making your body think you have a fever, thus, your white blood cells are activated and on their way.
Milk the neck lymph glands or rub fast to stimulate flushing the lymphs so they can handle the 'die off' the white blood soldiers are going to be dumping into them.
When they can't handle the die off...welcome full blown sore throat,etc.

Snort salt water, letting it go way back slowly before blowing and spitting.
Gargle with either salt water or apple cider vinegar...spit out...then swallow
fresh A C Vinegar...about a shot glass full...to change your ph.
Bacteria can not grow in an alkaline environment...neither can cancer, btw..

Buy, golden seal, about a teaspoon only in bulk.

If you do get congested after all this (meaning you waited too long to do the above)...snort the size of a matchhead in each nostril...
wait...you will later blow out alot of 'stuff....if you get an infection, that is.
But, it will open you right up.

If you feel sickness coming on at 2 am...you have to get up to do all this, sorry, ya gotta.

Still do chicken soup with curry... honey and lemon with a lil cayenne...it helps.

This all works for everyone that actually does it...most are
self employed people that can NOT miss work! Very motivated people!

Old 10-30-2014, 09:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Zicam

Old 10-31-2014, 03:11 AM

194 posts, read 252,345 times
Zinc Lozenges, goldenseal, certain mushrooms (made in to a soup maybe), echinacea, pelargonium, vit d Flu Vaccine: No Good Evidence and vit c VITAMIN C PREVENTS AND TREATS THE COMMON COLD Flu, Viruses, and Vitamin C Megadoses: A Personal Statement VITAMIN C BEATS BIRD FLU AND OTHER VIRUSES, TOO

Old 10-31-2014, 03:18 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Zicam or Zinc tablets are great.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:14 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Oil of oregano, Elderberry.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:46 AM

566 posts, read 1,107,843 times
Please....when doing items from a package/container read the ingredients.

I strongly suggest you truly consider alternatives to anything that contains dyes of any type. Propylene glycol. Natural flavors. Or: aspartame.

Many great suggestions above.

Just try to understand our bodies' processes that toxins must come out to heal. Ex: sneezing, sweating, bathroom etc.
Please stay hydrated.
Love MissTerri's regimen SO much I have done for YEARS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine