Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 05:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

What do you do during flu season to help prevent the risk of catching the flu and or suffering serious (but rare) effects from it?

I'm big on hand washing. I usually buy elderberry syrup in the fall and keep it in the cupboard to use when I feel run down. I eat raw garlic. I take oil of oregano, Vitamin D, and vitamin C.

I'm wondering what other alternative health treatments are out there that I don't know about. I don't ever get the vaccine and don't plan to. I haven't had the flu in decades but I'd still like to be prepared if I do catch it or if one of my family members gets it. Let's her your remedies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 05:44 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,634 times
Well, I'm like you. I take good care of my health with nutrition.
I take 1000mg of nonchina powdered C along with iodine, d3, k2, a whole food multi, apple cider vinegar/honey/water, olive leaf extract, raw garlic spread on bread or noodles, bone broth soup, raw coconut oil, lemon water, tons of veggies/fruits, SLEEP, and all that.
If I get a bug the symptoms are slight and it might last a couple days. I don't treat symptoms...just let them run their course while building immunity.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:11 PM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
I stay away from schools & churches. Works like a charm

Old 01-07-2015, 06:16 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,670,656 times
This article, I thought, was excellent. It points out not everyone who is exposed to virus will get it -- only about 50% will. The secret to avoid getting flu? A strong immune system. How do you get a strong immune system?

In general:

-Keep Vitamin D at optimal level (many of us are deficient, especially in winter), so supplement
-Eat anti-oxidant-rich foods
-Exercise
-Adequate sleep
-Keep stress under control

5 Natural Tips to Keep Your Immune System Strong During Fall and Winter -CNCAHealth.com

Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What do you do during flu season to help prevent the risk of catching the flu and or suffering serious (but rare) effects from it?

I'm big on hand washing. I usually buy elderberry syrup in the fall and keep it in the cupboard to use when I feel run down. I eat raw garlic. I take oil of oregano, Vitamin D, and vitamin C.

I'm wondering what other alternative health treatments are out there that I don't know about. I don't ever get the vaccine and don't plan to. I haven't had the flu in decades but I'd still like to be prepared if I do catch it or if one of my family members gets it. Let's her your remedies.
I take selenium and will jump into my FAR Infrared Sauna if I get sick.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Thanks for sharing your remedies, you all gave me new things to look into. Great article Little Dolphin.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:57 PM

Licorice root (not DGL) has been shown in animal studies to be extremely effective in prevently flu virus for killing the animals even in multiple lethal doses. Heat alone is extremely affective against viruses.

However, research real licorice real good as it does have some major risk especially with people that have heart issues or sodium/potassium issues.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9055991

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can...emic-infection

Old 01-14-2015, 02:19 PM

Default Alternative to Vaccines

There are a great many alternatives to Vaccines that are far more effective.

Here is an example:

this is from a Lancet study titled: "Glycyrrhizin, an active component of liquorice roots, and replication of SARS-associated coronavirus"

Researchers noted:

"We assessed the antiviral potential of ribavirin, 6-azauridine, pyrazofurin, mycophenolic acid, and glycyrrhizin against two clinical isolates of coronavirus (FFM-1 and FFM-2) from patients with SARS admitted to the clinical centre of Frankfurt University, Germany. Of all the compounds, glycyrrhizin was the most active in inhibiting replication of the SARS-associated virus. Our findings suggest that glycyrrhizin should be assessed for treatment of SARS."

Pretty powerful stuff. That's right LICORICE. Not your candy variety that has the glycyrrhizin removed. Note some may still have it depending on the source.

In a study published back in 1997 titled "Glycyrrhizin, an active component of licorice roots, reduces morbidity and mortality of mice infected with lethal doses of influenza virus", All licrorice fed mice survived lethal does of the Flu virus and all the control group that didn't receive the licorice died.

Now that is impressive!

Many people don't realize by your body raises its temperature to slow down virus replication. This gives the body the time to tag and destroy compromised cells. Therefore, HEAT is an extremely effective preventative and treatment for virus strains. Take your temperature. If your temperature is on average constantly below normal by a few degress then your immune system may be at risk to virus replication and symptom manifestations.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
There are a great many alternatives to Vaccines that are far more effective.

Here is an example:

this is from a Lancet study titled: "Glycyrrhizin, an active component of liquorice roots, and replication of SARS-associated coronavirus"

Researchers noted:

"We assessed the antiviral potential of ribavirin, 6-azauridine, pyrazofurin, mycophenolic acid, and glycyrrhizin against two clinical isolates of coronavirus (FFM-1 and FFM-2) from patients with SARS admitted to the clinical centre of Frankfurt University, Germany. Of all the compounds, glycyrrhizin was the most active in inhibiting replication of the SARS-associated virus. Our findings suggest that glycyrrhizin should be assessed for treatment of SARS."

Pretty powerful stuff. That's right LICORICE. Not your candy variety that has the glycyrrhizin removed. Note some may still have it depending on the source.

In a study published back in 1997 titled "Glycyrrhizin, an active component of licorice roots, reduces morbidity and mortality of mice infected with lethal doses of influenza virus", All licrorice fed mice survived lethal does of the Flu virus and all the control group that didn't receive the licorice died.

Now that is impressive!

Many people don't realize by your body raises its temperature to slow down virus replication. This gives the body the time to tag and destroy compromised cells. Therefore, HEAT is an extremely effective preventative and treatment for virus strains. Take your temperature. If your temperature is on average constantly below normal by a few degress then your immune system may be at risk to virus replication and symptom manifestations.
That is very interesting about liquorice root. Also interesting regarding heat. A fever serves a purpose and is doing important work. By taking things to lower, it I think we do ourselves a great disservice.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That is very interesting about liquorice root. Also interesting regarding heat. A fever serves a purpose and is doing important work. By taking things to lower, it I think we do ourselves a great disservice.
Yes, I think if the medical world would understand that the body didn't evolve and that is had a magnificient and perfect creator then they could approach the understanding of the bodys function from the perspective that the fever and other factors have an intended purpose. Instead of them fighting against (what may seem to be undesirable) to find that purpose and learn from it and assist it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine