Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:33 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

Here is some information about Dr Lee's natural progesterone cream. Looks like you can still buy it yourself, no prescription. I have no affiliation with them but it is the one thing that worked for me. It was recommended by an MD (a WOMAN MD.)

ProgesterAll Natural Balancing Cream at Welcome to John Lee, M.D. Solutions

Official Website of John R. Lee, M.D., Expert in Progesterone and HRT

With black cohosh, I don't remember what it was about it, some serious side effects maybe, but it wasn't supposed to be a wise choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 09:36 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
I'm in menopause -- not perimenopause -- so my problem, as I understand it, is not enough estrogen; that's why these supposed "estrogen equivalents" are supposed to work, and HRT estradiol DEFINITELY works. But I'll look into it! And, yes; I had heard about possible liver damage with black cohosh; that's why I'd want to do my research and get the right kind (?).

Old 07-17-2015, 11:09 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
What worked for me was avoiding sugar, preservatives and eating a big double serving of regular oatmeal every day. Even now, past menopause, eating excessive sugar or foods with preservatives causes hot flashes. I think it has more to do with the aging system and its ability to process some things.

I get severe intestinal issues from soy so avoid it. In general, drinking an adequate amount of water helps.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:57 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
I tried Progesterone cream with wild yam (also tried wild yam by itself) and it really made my blood sugar drop like a rock. I only used the cream for about 3 weeks and just felt awful so I stopped. I am taking soy now. I take 50mgs in the morning and other 50mgs at night. I read that it takes almost a year for levels to reach their optimum levels. I wonder if it is worth it or not. I figured that I feel like I have exhausted every other option so what do I have to lose (except my hot flashes I hope and the money it cost ) so I continue with it.

To me, the hot flashes are only one of problems. The weight gain I would say is the worse. It was weird because my weight dropped about 20 pounds and I felt too thin. Before I know it, I gained back those 20 lbs and then another 20 + all within about 7 years or so. Sometimes I will lose a lb or two but it comes right back again. And I NEVER had weight issues in my entire life-until the "BIG M" hit. The moodiness seem to have diminished somewhat. But, there are times when I feel that the hormones are just out of whack and I'm bouncing off the walls.

I used to want the "BIG M" to come because I hated dealing with things every month. You know what they say, "Be careful what you wish for-you just might get." Now, I wish that I only had to deal with this once a month instead of ALL THE TIME! AH! The joys of being a woman.

Cat

Old 07-19-2015, 05:24 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
I'm not a believer in the "sugar connection"; the only thing we can't process anymore is estrogen because, well, we can't produce it anymore! I've noticed a definite improvement -- although not cessation -- of the hot flashes on soy, so will continue (now two months in at 80 mg./day)... If I get desperate enough, may try Black Cohosh, which some women swear by.

And yes, the weight gain! Why some women remain skinny well into old age is beyond me...

Grrrrr!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine