Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:58 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

I'm feeling more positive on these treatments and I had my 2nd session yesterday. This almost 78 year old body is in trouble and this work I feel will help me get thru the rest of my life.

Dr. Andrew Taylor Still articulates osteopathic principles | The New Medicine

One can't judge unless they've had this work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 11:33 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
My doctor's all agree with that principle, I just go to different people for different treatment. They all have their specialties. My RA doc helps with scripts, supplements and totally supports my use of yoga and exercise. My GP is really, really big on diet and we discuss that a lot. My chiro did a lot of good work on me and I feel much better, and we have a great masseuse when needed. If I feel my head / emotions are out of whack I have an awesome shrink.

Personally, I am uncomfortable with anyone who thinks there specialty is everything, especially when it comes to the human body. Mega doubly so when you add the mind and soul.

I'm glad they are working for you, but I am unclear on what happens during an appointment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-19-2016, 01:16 PM

Canine Osteopathy

Canine Osteopathy | Dog Care - The Daily Puppy

Talking to my daughter yesterday and she's had her 7th or 8th session, I'm losing count..I had my 2nd this week. Again I saw two babies leaving the office with their parents....My daughter said a woman was there with her aging poodle. Her dog gets osteopathic work.

The D.O. moves nerves, muscles, works on scar tissue and just everything that is causing negative issues in our bodies. Even babies are born with issues coming out of that birth canal.

My daughter takes her 15 yr old son next week. He's very athletic and in pain with his young body.

I'm comfortable with what works for anyone who tries what they choose with their healing methods. There are 100's of options out there.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:02 PM

Well I had my 3rd session on Tuesday and I KNOW I walk out of their more stable than when I walk in. This session is holding more as I'm walking with more ease -- my body is so messed up from OA, aging and the traumatic hip surgery.

This work isn't going to eliminate 60+ yrs of OA but it's helping to align my body better. I feel it more with more sessions. She is getting my hips aligned and more even, so I can feel the difference in my walk. She measures my legs at the end of session.

After sleeping all night, I wake up pretty messed up but with stretching and all I do, I seem to be walking better.

My daughter was there with her son for his treatment and the doctor talked to him too about nutrition and stop eating crap as MOST do in young life...I know I sure did.

I will continue as I have 3 more sessions on the books and then MAYBE it will be every other week...all depends on what a mess we live with and our bodies.

My neighbor who has a frozen neck is feeling some movement now, she's had 4 sessions I believe.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-26-2016 at 12:26 PM..

Old 05-30-2017, 04:02 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
There was not a lot of contribution or discussion on this topic, however, while I have learned over the past decade to be fairly cynical or skeptical of the alternative health movement, I admit to being quite intrigued by Cranial Osteopathy, the science behind it, and its efficacy.

I too was introduced to the subject of Cranial Osteopathy by Dr. Weil, and while Dr. Weil can be kind of out there on some subjects, overall he is grounded and appears to be quite a well-versed integrative physician. And his belief in Cranial Osteopathy has me intrigued.

I was intrigued enough to once seek out - for several sessions over a period of several weeks - a D.O. who practiced Cranial Osteopathy. It felt very good (akin to a head massage which is heaven), however, I never noticed any long term improvements or gains on my health. As I generally have been in relatively good health though, I suppose my experience is not surprising.

Typically if I get interested in a health supplement or an alternative health remedy and take it with no results I will quickly cease in taking it. As such, I am surprised at myself for still being intrigued by Cranial Osteopathy. However, admittedly I still am. There appears to be some science behind it, however, due to the lack of comprehensive scientific studies it is hard to say for certain whether it is a proven treatment or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine