Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 12:36 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Ahhhh Suzie... always spending your life arguing. How sad.

I'm a standardized trainer. I've worked with medical students for 9 years. You make it seem like M.D.s are some kind of supernatural creature. They're not. Their just extensions of the biased books they read.

In fact, I would not let the vast majority of them near me once they became MDs.
By standardized trainer, I guess you mean a practice patient. A medical student at the stage you see him is a long way from becoming an MD. When he gets that MD, he is still a long way from being able to take care of patients without supervision. A naturopath gets turned loose with an inferior education to use homeopathy Moderator cut: simply your own opinion about homeopathyand herbs that have never been shown to do what is claimed for them. In the US, herbs have been tested and often found to be mostly fillers (not disclosed on the label, including some potentially allergenic). Some supplements contain prescription drugs, and some do not contain the actual herb on the label.

I would ask you to provide an example of a biased medical textbook, but that is not allowed here.

Last edited by in_newengland; 05-09-2016 at 02:56 PM..

Old 04-29-2016, 12:47 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Mikala, Lead, who is talking about lead. Lead is in so much of our public waters, look at the Flint mess just a small but big example...all the fluoride pumped into our public waters is from the lead waste industries. I don't understand when you say "how lead has turned out"..

That's good that your husband helps your back. I have to go out and pay in other ways...no husband here. I can do a little exercise that does kinda crack my back a little.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-29-2016 at 12:58 PM..

Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
One summer it seemed like 2 or 3 of my clients as well as myself all got Lyme's Disease.
I thought you said healthy people never get infections.

Quote:
I was lucky to have been bitten on my arm and got the bulls-eye reaction and everything. In a few days when I started to feel weak I set an apt with my N.D. who was a former M.D. in Holland. He gave me Lomatium dissectum or wild black carrot extract which is an herbal, anti-biotic, anti-viral and anti-parasitic. After the first day, all my energy was restored. I just took the bottle feeling great all the while I was taking it and that was that. I never missed a beat. Meanwhile my clients were suffering through weeks and weeks of allopathic anti-biotic treatments while they lost weeks of work.
I got the typical rash one summer, too. I took an antibiotic for a few days and got better with no side effects and no time off from work. Does my anecdote cancel out yours?

Quote:
To make a long story longer, don't be penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to your health. Don't be stubborn like my clients were. Your health is worth paying a little money out of pocket for especially if your health insurance doesn't cover the kind of doctor you who can really help you get well.
A colleague used to say to me that people would spend $75 per month on cable TV but they wouldn't value their own health enough to spend a little out of pocket even if it meant getting well.
Considering the late complications that can happen with Lyme disease, not taking an antibiotic for it could well be penny wise and pound foolish.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:53 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ironically, I went vegetarian for 2 weeks and had the worst RA flareup in a long time. Both my doc and I were surprised. But same thing when I tried the no carb diet a couple years ago.

I do best when I keep my food at moderation. I already eat 10-15 different fruits and vegetables a day at minimum. I mix proteins as much as convenient (fish, chicken, beef, pork) with vegetarian nights. I'm switching over to a mostly non-gmo, grass fed, organic meats, and trying to buy most veggies locally - all of those things have a higher nutritional value. I'm growing heirloom veggies. I mix my grains, farrow, barley, oats, quinoa, spelt. I eat sourkraut, kimchee, kombucha and keffir.

In my house we try to get one new thing a week either veggie, fruit or grain. It usually something weird like soursop. Or common but just never used personally like fresh horseradish and celery root.

My supplements are curcumin and fishoil. I would add ginger but I eat so much of it raw in my green smoothies that there is no need.

85% of our food is homemade from whole foods. No I do not bake bread, cereal or make my own condiments. When we eat out it's not at a chain restaurant.

Give me 20 NDs and they will give me 20 different diets.

But well meaning people are convinced they have the magic combination that will "cure" my RA.

So, I do thank you for caring and being passionate on the subject. But believe when I tell you, if it were not for biologics, I would not be leaving my house today, let alone leaving it for an hour of intense workout.

Fantastic! I love fresh horseradish too and make cocktail sauce for potatoes with it (and used to use it for shrimp cocktail and once in a while still do) along with lots of lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and organic catsup. I make sure to use enough horseradish to get my nose running to get rid of as much mucus as I can.

I am an aspiring permaculturist and would love to have a food forest in my back yard. I've got some berries growing, some perennial fruit and herbs and a veggie or two and some fruit trees and vines that have yet to fruit as I'd like. I also do sprouts inside. I'm in zone 8a so the weather is good for growing a lot of things. I wish I had more of a green thumb. I even wish there were people around here who grew organic who could help me learn but here everyone still uses all the chemical fertilizers.

Curcumin is one of those latest greatest super duper man-made "improved" supplements like Resveratrol is. I have a bunch of both that I mistakenly stocked up on, just in case, BEFORE I learned that to really absorb the herb and eliminate what your body doesn't need, you need to take the WHOLE herb. So I might switch over to Turmeric from Curcumin. I also used to be big on fish oil but for pollution reasons and considering it isn't plant based, I would switch to Borage oil instead.

When you start to eat a clean diet, especially if you gave up all animal products including dairy, what happens (hopefully) is your lymphatic system starts to unclog and tries to get rid of toxic matter which can make you feel sick. When you go back to eating the way you used to, you clog back up again and it stops. They call it a healing crisis. You are supposed to be happy about it, just go through it and not afraid.

Some people dislodge some nasty looking stuff and before it comes out, they might feel pain. You WANT to encourage cold and flu like symptoms, sweating it out or getting your nose running, doing ear candling and gentle bouncing on a rebounder is good to get the lymphatic system moving. Most effective though, are the astringent fruits. Lemon water first thing in the AM is great.

To get well you HAVE to have regular daily eliminations too and you really want to see sediment in your urine UNLIKE what the medical profession tells us -- that it should be clear. (But the medical profession ignores the lymphatic system so we shouldn't be surprised. All we hear about from them is about "blood".) This is because the hundred trillion cells that make up our body consume and eliminate. It isn't enough to eliminate digestive wastes regularly. It is the metabolic wastes that clog our immune/lymphatic system and causes "disease" we should be even more concerned about . The more backed up it is, the more inflamed it is which means the more acidic your body is. To turn that around you have to do the opposite. Stop eating the acid producing foods and start eating the alkaine forming ones which also break down the acids. The herbs can help. Parsley and Dandelion are great to support your kidneys and there are other herbs too.

I'm mostly "raw (vegan) 'til 4" as they say. I eat mostly water rich fruit in the daytime as much as I want. I've given up all the cereals and sandwiches and donuts, muffins, cookies, crackers etc and soda that I used to eat before supper. Then at night I still have some raw such as a big salad or more fruit first, but I might make a soup or have cooked vegetables or even have some starch but not every night. Then once a month or so I might have chicken or fish and sometimes bovine secretions (lol) otherwise known as cheese. I haven't had ice cream in about 4 years. I also don't bother with the Soy based knock offs because so much of the soy is genetically engineered and it isn't healthful to eat a lot of it.

I even stopped getting store bought organic juice 6 years ago when I got a slow auger style juicer. It dawned on me that even spending a lot of money on organic juice was a waste because the juice had been heated when it was pasteurized and the life force removed. I figured I'd rather spend the money on raw fruit and veggies and make my own fresh juice and the juicer would pay for itself in no time.

I've been following the raw food movement on YouTube and have really learned a lot about the raw lifestyle. There are a couple ladies in their 70s that look to be in their forties and one of them didn't turn all raw until her 60s! That is Mimi Kirk. Then you have people like John Kohler on OKRAW.com and GrowingYourGreens.com who is in his 40s and I think he still looks like he could pass for his 20s.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So what? We should let everyone die from diseases like we used to? I mean, it would cure the overcrowding of the planet, but that seems a little hard hearted.

Spanish flu, bubonic plague, black death, small pox..... what? Just eat an apple and abstain from grains?

Man has improved upon nature when it comes to keeping us from dying.

It is practically common knowledge that what was improved was sanitation and water quality not any sort of improvement by allopaths in medicines which in those days where having people drink mercury and sucking out blood using leeches. The doctors back in those days that kept diseases at bay where the herbalists and homeopaths also know as Empirics. They did a pretty darn good job considering those epidemics didn't kill everyone. It just goes to show vaccines aren't necessary if all they had back in those primitive days herbs were enough to make people well.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:22 PM

[quote=suzy_q2010;43880347]I thought you said healthy people never get infections.

I wasn't completely healthy back then. I appeared healthy but I didn't get enough sleep, I still was eating cooked foods and lots of sugar and some dairy. I hadn't detoxed nearly enough earlier on when I had my first wake-up call. This was in the 1990s.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Anyone should be weary of having a foreign object inserted into their skin and tissue. Where do you think skin infections and staph infections come from?

I previously cited an article questioning whether acupuncture worked at all. This article reminds us of the risk of infection from having acupuncture needles inserted in our tissue.

Acupuncture facts - Acupuncture: Facts on Benefits and Conditions It May Help

Naturally this applies just to Acupuncture and not to vaccines, correct?

Old 04-29-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Science has this knack for wanting to re-invent life on its own terms. As if the life that had existed for thousands of years before was all wrong, all boring, and all useless.

Remedies and natural treatments that had successfully been implemented for thousands of years are now counted as complete rubbish.

Funny thing, in order to make the vast majority of the allopathic meds, science extracts chemical concentrations from herbs themselves.... even though they claim herbs don't work on their own. But since they only extract specific compounds, it ruins the medicinal balance and thus creates the myriad of side effects that we see in pharmaceutical meds.

I'm not against science totally, but the biased and careless methods currently used have caused the deaths of hundreds of millions.

You are absolutely right! In fact the medical journal, "The Lancet" last April 2015 had an article written about an important convention of Scientists in the U.K. and they concluded that up to HALF of all so called scientific double blind studies WERE WRONG and admitted that the sponsor of the studies were looking for specific results so often the scientists had to play with the variables to get the results the company paying for the studies wanted.

This just goes to show how corrupt western medicine STILL is and that it is just ABOUT the money. They could not care less about good science and helping people get well.

So up to 50 percent of so called published "medical science" is J U N K according to The Lancet!

Old 04-29-2016, 01:47 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
All I can say, I'm so happy to have so many choices to manage my health.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:48 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times
[quote=emilybh;43880792]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I thought you said healthy people never get infections.

I wasn't completely healthy back then. I appeared healthy but I didn't get enough sleep, I still was eating cooked foods and lots of sugar and some dairy. I hadn't detoxed nearly enough earlier on when I had my first wake-up call. This was in the 1990s.
I'm still waiting to see where all those healthy 1000-year-olds are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine