Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 02:33 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times

Advertisements

Look at this lady's story.

Rosemary Fletcher had M.S.; was in a wheelchair and her drugs made her gain 250 lbs.

5 years later she had gotten so sick listening to her doctors, she stopped listening to them. She quit the drugs, went raw and now is the picture of health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWgF5oGg48

You all with friends with M.S. might want to forward Rosemary's site, youhealyou.net on to your friends.

She says her diet before she turned raw was southern, fattening meat, dairy and starch S.A.D diet.

Last edited by emilybh; 05-13-2016 at 02:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 02:41 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think for MS the person would need a good diet and exercise. Probably lots of antioxidants to combat free radicals. Maybe some herbs prescribed by an expert. I'm taking this from the write up about Mitt Romney's wife who has MS and is doing so well. Of course they can well afford all the best supplements, probably have their own gym at home, can afford the best herbal or Chinese style herbal practitioner.

I give her credit for staying away from the prescription drugs. They may treat the symptoms for a while but not help much in the long run.

All the Best supplements are Way Way cheaper than all the costly toxic drugs the first person I mention has been taking. Again, it's the allopathic way, expensive drugs. So SAD.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:24 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
All the Best supplements are Way Way cheaper than all the costly toxic drugs the first person I mention has been taking. Again, it's the allopathic way, expensive drugs. So SAD.

True but we have to remember that even the best supplements given to a toxic body is only going to do so much.

Remember the Trash can analogy. Imagine your body is like a trash can that is loaded with garbage compared to another one filled with clean water. How quickly when you take a supplement will it take to go through the whole trash can when added to the one almost filled with garbage vs the clean one with water. It will dissolve and reach all parts of the can far quicker in the clean can. Our bodies are 75 percent water to boot. So the analogy isn't that far fetched. That is why in natural healing, a clean diet of lots of water rich raw fruit and vegetables is the ideal prerequisite for healing along with whatever supplements you take. Personally, I would limit myself to the whole herbs due to the man made isolates having an enervating effect down the road.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:50 AM

Keep LDN in the forefront for many health issues including MS.

The use of low-dose naltrexone (LDN) as a novel anti-inflammatory treatment for chronic pain

Old 06-21-2016, 02:17 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Keep LDN in the forefront for many health issues including MS.

The use of low-dose naltrexone (LDN) as a novel anti-inflammatory treatment for chronic pain
Note that naltrexone is being investigated for pain. It is an opioid antagonist, and there is no reason to expect it to treat the cause of MS or have any effect on its progression.

Some MS is characterized by fluctuation in symptoms, which get better and worse without any treatment at all.

Relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS) : National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Sometimes the remissions last for many years. Any evaluation of treatment has to take that into consideration.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:22 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I thought that odd too. LDN, tramadol, opiates, NSAIDS all pain management options.

Certainly nothing earth shattering.

I did find the info interesting though, I had never heard of it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Evidently my sister was in remission for many years...she was first told at about age 22 they "thought" it might be MS. A pen she was holding and trying to write with was falling out of her hands. She went on to work a stressful job, travelling the world and the MS came on like gangbusters, she was probably in 40's...that is when the bombardment of drugs started.

The nutrition is vital and she didn't reduce all the sugars/carbs in her family life. Nor anywhere.

To me it's pretty clear but I can't talk to her/them for sure at this point. She loved her sugars.

BTW: She 10 yrs younger than me and I miss her, we talked a lot, visited a lot but I haven't seen her since we buried our dad in 2005, she was using a walker and I was struggling enough with fibro and OA, but today my body is worse than ever.

My bil says she is so thin as she can't swallow, being mostly tube fed he says.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:31 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
That is very sad. Hope you can visit her before she passes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-21-2016, 02:42 PM

I won't see her, I cannot travel, I get worse sitting an hour trying to play bridge. Sitting in a plane for 4-5 hrs, no way. Plus, as my brother and I have talked she does not want company. Yes, it's very tragic. I have a cousin in FL with MS and he's in a wheelchair and didn't do the mega drugs but some and he's pretty good considering. Talks and eats.

I've shed my tears for years, and know when I get that call, there will be more tears.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:51 PM

Here is Ann Boroch's latest link. I had my sister come to So. Cal. probably 25 yrs ago to sit with Ann for 2 hrs and it was nutrition, so much about nutrition. Ann left CA and is now in NY.

http://www.annboroch.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine