Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 08:02 PM

706 posts, read 757,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
OP: I applaud you and admire you!!
Thank you.

Quote:
A friend's daughter started chemo for cancer and the daughter decided to stop treatment and start on a holistic approach. . .the cancer is completely gone!
I'm so glad to hear that. Hopefully, they are educated enough to know that there should be lifestyle changes so that the cancer stays gone. I would urge them to get rid of as many household toxins as possible (including conventional foods), if they haven't done so already. That will help ward off problems in the future. Nutritional deficiencies should also be addressed. I wish your friends the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Cancer is the name of a collection of related diseases.

Sounds like these two posters are speaking a different language. Both are probably correct but they are speaking about different things. Let's try to stay on topic anyway, not debate "what" cancer is.

It *is* one disease. Cancer cells proliferating *anywhere* in the body is a bad thing.
I'm sorry. I responded to the one post because I feel this information is important to have. Holistic healing is "wholistic" healing, and I just wanted to make that clear. Location of the cancer has become a big deal because people and doctors feel some real need to know where it is. Many times, this is so that they can radiate the right place, so they are right to want to know the location.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
-krill oil* (using in conjunction with whey to help gain weight, but also deficiencies in EFAs) --- NatureWise and Viva Labs are the best and least expensive I've found
I take this back. My most recent purchase of Viva krill oil is extremely disappointing. The capsules are only half full and they're sticky because they use capsules instead of gel caps (which are one piece), and the liquid has leaked from several. I therefore do NOT recommend Viva Labs krill. I much prefer NatureWise, but I haven't been able to get them from Amazon for months now.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:37 AM

I just watched an informative video about the role of nutrition in cancer that I thought would be a good addition to this thread. I really hope people take these things seriously. I've heard from someone who said their oncologist told them they could eat anything they wanted, and even suggested high-sugar fattening foods like donuts and such. Bad bad idea. I know they said that just to get the patient to gain weight but there are better ways of doing that (I use my whey protein/krill oil/creatine combo).

No oncologist should *ever* advocate "eating whatever you want" in such a generalized manner, IMO. If I was an oncologist, I would tell patients to eat as much as they want of healthy foods. I would advise them to avoid fast foods, processed foods, white sugar and flour, and a whole list of other foods that should be eliminated from their diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa5Bcm8T9nU

Last edited by freedomdove; 06-12-2016 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: bad grammar

Old 06-12-2016, 10:48 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
On this topic, I played bridge yesterday and one member who is about 83 I think, was telling us her oncologist is putting her on a new chemo drug. I've probably told this woman for a couple yrs, grape seed extract, MAY prevent cancers...I've talked about iodine too and everything I've told her went on deaf ears. She walked into our group yesterday with a box of sugary cookies.

So so many are so unwilling to THINK/WORK holistically and use the toxic drugs.

OT kinda, we were told one of our other members was in the hospital for bowel blockage surgery....again, this woman poo poos the holistic world, takes diabetic drugs and doesn't drink enough CLEAN water. I was screaming what I do to help the cause: magnesium, Vit C, lots of water, greens.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:45 AM

Thought I'd share this here too. I'm on another active health group and the owner of the group has announced she is dealing with breast cancer. She is asking for inputs from all the members...she does take higher doses of iodine right now. Another member brought this site to her/our attention.

Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy

Old 06-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
On this topic, I played bridge yesterday and one member who is about 83 I think, was telling us her oncologist is putting her on a new chemo drug. I've probably told this woman for a couple yrs, grape seed extract, MAY prevent cancers...I've talked about iodine too and everything I've told her went on deaf ears. She walked into our group yesterday with a box of sugary cookies.

So so many are so unwilling to THINK/WORK holistically and use the toxic drugs.

OT kinda, we were told one of our other members was in the hospital for bowel blockage surgery....again, this woman poo poos the holistic world, takes diabetic drugs and doesn't drink enough CLEAN water. I was screaming what I do to help the cause: magnesium, Vit C, lots of water, greens.
Sometimes it's just not worth your time or energy to try and wake people up because some like to be asleep. It's certainly easier to be ignorant, asleep, and fully dependent on the systems in place.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:05 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
That's the first holistic site I used after I got my dx and it gave me the courage to decide what I was and was not willing to do to my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
Sometimes it's just not worth your time or energy to try and wake people up because some like to be asleep. It's certainly easier to be ignorant, asleep, and fully dependent on the systems in place.
I have stopped trying to talk to people about this unless I know they want to hear it. I have a teacher friend who was dx'ed at the same time I was and she went totally conventional and believed her onc when he said to eat whatever she wants. I asked her if she wanted me to share the results of what I'm learning and she said no so I respected that. The other day she was crying on my shoulder because it seems to be back and she's scared and after she calmed down and I was leaving I mentioned about avoiding sugar. I didn't go on about it--just made mention, but she was really pissed. Gosh, I just really want her to be with us a while longer and when I stopped the sugar the cancer stopped growing and she's worse than I was.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying this will work for everyone--there are many reasons we get cancer but the main one is that our bodies are not in balance and sugar contributes greatly to that imbalance.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:28 PM

Some people just don't get it or don't want to get it...there are foods that can heal and many that can kill. I was going to call the woman who comes to bridge with a box of cookies and is dealing with cancer now BUT I decided to forget it....she didn't hear me for years about antioxidants etc...so why would she hear me now.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Some people just don't get it or don't want to get it...there are foods that can heal and many that can kill. I was going to call the woman who comes to bridge with a box of cookies and is dealing with cancer now BUT I decided to forget it....she didn't hear me for years about antioxidants etc...so why would she hear me now.
Exactly. The chances are low unless she starts to get desperately sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I have stopped trying to talk to people about this unless I know they want to hear it. I have a teacher friend who was dx'ed at the same time I was and she went totally conventional and believed her onc when he said to eat whatever she wants. I asked her if she wanted me to share the results of what I'm learning and she said no so I respected that. The other day she was crying on my shoulder because it seems to be back and she's scared and after she calmed down and I was leaving I mentioned about avoiding sugar. I didn't go on about it--just made mention, but she was really pissed. Gosh, I just really want her to be with us a while longer and when I stopped the sugar the cancer stopped growing and she's worse than I was.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying this will work for everyone--there are many reasons we get cancer but the main one is that our bodies are not in balance and sugar contributes greatly to that imbalance.
It doesn't help that the food manufacturers and advertisers pushed all this sugar onto us. There is just way too much sugar in most store-bought foods and fast food, and not many people realize how unhealthy it is to consume so much every day.

Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies | Mother Jones

I found it very easy to cut down on my overall sugar intake simply by switching from white processed sugar to things like evaporated cane juice, raw honey, and pure maple syrup. I just don't like things very sweet anymore since I made that change. I make all of our own desserts, including ice cream, and I use at least half as much sugar as the store-bought option--and I use all organic ingredients. These changes really do make a difference. We don't drink but a few sodas per year, which really helps keep down the sugar intake, and we are very moderate with our homemade desserts. None of us eat more than a small 6oz dish of ice cream, for example. If I make cookies, we'll eat 2 or 3--whereas many people would eat a dozen if you let them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine