Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 12:56 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good idea for a thread...pros and cons will come out.

I have rub. alcohol in spray bottles for my counters...I clean all used books that come into the house..and regularly use it for my Smartphone and remotes.
I like it's used with needles!

Too harsh for my cuts, ouch!...and never on my face, of course.
If I had blemishes ...I could see i might dab a Q-tip of it, dunno...but prob would use
Witch Hazel.

If people like to rub it on muscles...try the green one! And when you're done place a dish towel around the area. You'll see what I mean.
A couple yrs ago I did some buy some green (wintergreen) R.A. I go in spurts and yes it's good for many things like you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
...and regularly use it for my Smartphone and remotes.

Too harsh for my cuts, ouch!...and never on my face, of course.
Agreed. If it removes permanent marker from hard surfaces, it's pretty strong. I use it to clean the backs of my earrings before I put them on.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:52 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My derm was quite clear that rubbing alcohol is very bad for your skin, and there are other things that can be used.
I agree...try a menthol rub of some kind instead. Very cool and refreshing.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:22 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We hardly hear about Rubbing Alcohol and yet it's been around since day 1 in my life. My parents used it all the time to rub their sore muscles etc. I have a couple bottles, not even opened, and just rubbed my right thigh down to my knee and got the most cooling refreshing feeling. My thigh is so numb now 7 years from hip replacement. I'll be using it more and more now that I've re-discovered it tonight:

https://www.boldsky.com/health/welln...in-109269.html
Not sure I'd trust that strange website...I mean, "How your belly button reveals secrets about you! doesnt scream credibility.

Dead serious. Where do you find these click bait sites? It's like one of those "Click here to find out how I lost 500 lbs overnight!" ads. I hope you clear all your stuff off your computer on the regular.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:38 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Not sure I'd trust that strange website...I mean, "How your belly button reveals secrets about you! doesnt scream credibility.

Dead serious. Where do you find these click bait sites? It's like one of those "Click here to find out how I lost 500 lbs overnight!" ads. I hope you clear all your stuff off your computer on the regular.
I don't know what you are talking about, there are many rubbing alcohol sites and this product has been in existence for 100's of years. You want me to post all the links I can find?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:22 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know what you are talking about, there are many rubbing alcohol sites and this product has been in existence for 100's of years. You want me to post all the links I can find?
I know you don't...that's my concern. All these sites leave crap on your computer.

Anyone alive knows about rubbing alcohol...

That site (virtually non existent in the US) isn't even at the top of a search so where did you find it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine