Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 08:10 PM

282 posts, read 232,703 times

Advertisements

MUSIC!
Sadly, this won't be effective at all for anyone who can't hear.

But there is healing power in music. Certain tones, beats, rhythms, patterns, melodies, can create changes in your heart rate and brain waves. It can trigger endorphins, change your seratonin reuptake levels, make you cry, laugh, it can break your heart and mend it, or just keep you comfortable company when you really need to experience deep sorrow.

From Classic Vinyl to Chopin, Bach to Zappa, Rhianna to Rachmaninov - there's something for everyone to help reset the body-mind connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 10:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,633,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
MUSIC!
Sadly, this won't be effective at all for anyone who can't hear.

But there is healing power in music. Certain tones, beats, rhythms, patterns, melodies, can create changes in your heart rate and brain waves. It can trigger endorphins, change your seratonin reuptake levels, make you cry, laugh, it can break your heart and mend it, or just keep you comfortable company when you really need to experience deep sorrow.

From Classic Vinyl to Chopin, Bach to Zappa, Rhianna to Rachmaninov - there's something for everyone to help reset the body-mind connection.
I wonder what kind of healing power Death Metal music would have?

So Zappa's music can help reset the body-mind connection? Zappa was certainly very talented and experimental. Hmmm, yeah, I guess "Cruising With Ruben & The Jets" with it's classic late 1950's/early 1960's doo-wop inspired tunes like "Cheap Thrills" might take you down memory lane with a weird twisting thud when realizing it isn't anything like the lane you remembered. Or was it?

Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,647,828 times
If you search "healing music" on YouTube, you will find many selections at certain megahertz that the body resonates positively to.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I use music all the time to channel emotions, everything from singing in the car, to music to motivate me in the gym. Hmmm, I used to listen to Vivaldi in the morning (allegros), I should start again...

When my husband died I sang all the time for about 2 years, just to vent off emotions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-28-2017, 12:56 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,707 times
"Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast." -- William Congreve, 1697

Not to mention the tortured soul.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:21 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
I started dancing at 12 and into later 50's and was a disco queen. When I feel I need a lift, I love this youtube version of Africa. Danced to Fats Domino's hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjbpwlqp5Qw

Old 10-28-2017, 01:35 PM

282 posts, read 232,703 times
For me it's stuff like that, or Can't Find My Way Home by Stevie Winwood - sung by almost anyone really - from himself, to Allison Krause, to Styx - I love all three versions. It's the combination of melody and guitar that "gets" me right in the feelings place. Most music by YES, Thick as a Brick by J.Tull - if you listen to all this stuff you're discover a commonality that you really can't define. But it's that commonality that brings me to a place within myself that just makes me feel better, no matter whether I'm in physical discomfort or mental/emotional discomfort. GooGoo Dolls "Slide" does it too.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Love love love the Africa version of the above..just smiled thru the 6.17 minutes.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:13 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
Absolutely! Music is my lifelong therapy, since before I could talk. I grew up singing and playing the piano, and loved going to dances. Now I am 68, still sing, take dance classes and go see bands and dance. Depending on what one needs at the time, there is a type of music to take you there. New age, jazz or meditative for yoga and relaxing, or rock or swing when you need energy, and just good old upbeat music of any type when you need a lift! It does produce positive changes in your body!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine