Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 02:01 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
That's been my experience as well.
Me too, but I think the biggest positive change came when I started using a quality electric tooth brush.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 08:25 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Here is how I make my tooth powder:

2 tbsp of Redmond (bentonite) clay
1 tsp of mineral powder (calcium/magnesium)
1/2 tsp quality sea salt
1 tsp Xylitol granules
1 capsule white oak bark
1 capsule black walnut hull

Put all ingredients in a small container, stir up and shake well. The white oak and black walnut are included because I did a lot of research on this, and they are included in Dr. Christophers' tooth powder blend. You can get them from any health store or online.

I brush by putting a tiny amount of coconut oil on my brush then spooning a layer of tooth powder on it. Then brush. After brushing, I take 1/2 tsp of the Xylitol crystals and let them melt in my mouth for a few minutes. I do swallow it, it is completely fine to do so, but you can spit it out if you prefer. Again, I do this after a HUGE amount of research. I guarantee if you try this for awhile, you will be absolutely amazed! I had gum issues even the hygienist could not resolve; in fact they were getting worse each time I saw her. So I quit going and started doing this, and all my gums shrank up and turned a healthy pink, and I never have ANY placque!

The Xylitol after creates natural saliva in your mouth, it is extremely anti-bacterial, and far better than any mouthwash you could ever use. There is a lot on the internet about this.

So you came up with your own combination of chemicals to put in your mouth rather than the pre-made combinations of chemicals.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
No one ever answered my sincere question about why toothpastes are poison.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:44 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
No one ever answered my sincere question about why toothpastes are poison.
I never said toothpastes are poison BUT there are some very questionable ingredients in commercial toothpastes...here's a list from Mercola.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...gredients.aspx

I don't use commercial toothpastes anymore and make my own with coconut oil and have NOT been to a dentist for anything for at least 6 yrs. My teeth are clean and healthy in spite of previous years of dental work and using commerical toothpastes for most of my earlier life. If I never go to another dentist the rest of my life that would be heaven.

Coconut oil is anti bacterial.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:15 PM

Two posters said toothpastes are poison. I'm just wondering why. This is, I think, the 4th time I've asked.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
This sounds like paranoia to me.

It's unbelievable that dentists would continue to recommend commercially marketed toothpastes to their patients when they wouldn't benefit from it, and know the toothpastes aren't beneficial. Typically dentists care about their patients and aren't in a grand conspiracy to harm them.

Also, if it were true that toothpastes are poison, crest, colgate et all would shift to this coconut oil/clay particles/god knows what that these alternative toothpastes offer.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:06 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This sounds like paranoia to me.

It's unbelievable that dentists would continue to recommend commercially marketed toothpastes to their patients when they wouldn't benefit from it, and know the toothpastes aren't beneficial. Typically dentists care about their patients and aren't in a grand conspiracy to harm them.

Also, if it were true that toothpastes are poison, crest, colgate et all would shift to this coconut oil/clay particles/god knows what that these alternative toothpastes offer.
How do we know that all the commercial toothpastes have NOT added to the continuing dental issues.

I am questioning everything at this late date in my life. Used commercial toothpaste for decades and mouthful of dental work to prove it and grew up in fluoridated waters too. It 's rather interesting that no dental appts in over 6 yrs since I don't use commerical TP.

I'm not saying anything for sure as I don't know, but I'm just saying. Trusting what we're sold for a long lifetime.

Not paranoia, but how about finally waking up and questioning what goes into what we put into our bodies.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-29-2017 at 08:28 PM..

Old 12-30-2017, 07:53 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
So you came up with your own combination of chemicals to put in your mouth rather than the pre-made combinations of chemicals.
These aren't chemicals, but if you want to call them that, fine. They work much better for me than toothpaste ever did, so for me, the proof is in the proverbial pudding.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:31 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
This is not a discussion of what a chemical is. We all know what a chemical is. This is a discussion of toothpaste. Please stay on topic--no hijacking of threads.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:47 PM

https://www.futurederm.com/coconut-o...antibacterial/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine