Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:39 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

I don't buy from this company but their OPC-165 is mentioned a LOT. I contains both pine bark extract and grape seed extract. I may experiment on eliminating the diuretic I've been taking for a lot of years.

I've said for a long time, I believe there is an alternative for every drug we are prescribed. Antiobiotics are probably the most important drugs and the exceptions for infections..but for minor issues I've had success with Echineaca.

The 12 most Dangerous Prescription Drugs...

Old 02-11-2018, 08:47 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
I'm glad Grape Seed Extract is an alternative.

Nope, don't take your blood thinner to prevent a blood clot, thank a spoonful of GSE!

Old 02-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I'm glad Grape Seed Extract is an alternative.

Nope, don't take your blood thinner to prevent a blood clot, thank a spoonful of GSE!
It's a great alternative as it got me off allergy/sinus drugs over 22 yrs ago.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:36 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's a great alternative as it got me off allergy/sinus drugs over 22 yrs ago.
Hi Jam, would you mind telling me what GSE is? Just took an antihistamine and even though it's OTC it will soon make me very sleepy. I never take them during the day for that reason.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Hi Jam, would you mind telling me what GSE is? Just took an antihistamine and even though it's OTC it will soon make me very sleepy. I never take them during the day for that reason.
Grape Seed Extract are primarily the SEEDS from mostly red grapes. Properties are anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal, a major antioxidant. I see it as a sweeper that cleans and thins our blood. I have many posts here in Alt Med on Grape Seed Extract.

I was a slave to Sudafed and Drixoral and allergist offices before Grape Seed Extract.

I'm banking on it for a lot more for my health.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:08 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Quote:
Grape Seed Extract are primarily the SEEDS from mostly red grapes. Properties are anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal, a major antioxidant. I see it as a sweeper that cleans and thins our blood. I have many posts here in Alt Med on Grape Seed Extract.

I was a slave to Sudafed and Drixoral and allergist offices before Grape Seed Extract.

I'm banking on it for a lot more for my health.
That's right, you've mentioned it before. It really does sound like a miracle cure and guess what, I bought some that is still unopened. I've been trying to work out an initial loading dose before including it in my daily vitamins. Things have been hectic lately. Any advise on that initial dose?

Old 02-12-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
That's right, you've mentioned it before. It really does sound like a miracle cure and guess what, I bought some that is still unopened. I've been trying to work out an initial loading dose before including it in my daily vitamins. Things have been hectic lately. Any advise on that initial dose?
You can post here or send me a DM with bodyweight, issues to "attack" etc. I started pretty low many yrs ago and with age I've learned to up dose as there is more info out there on dosing etc. My big issue is arthritis and lately was getting some edema in my "good" foot so up dosing and got rid of edema. jam

Old 02-12-2018, 10:27 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

I don't buy from this company but their OPC-165 is mentioned a LOT. I contains both pine bark extract and grape seed extract. I may experiment on eliminating the diuretic I've been taking for a lot of years.

I've said for a long time, I believe there is an alternative for every drug we are prescribed. Antiobiotics are probably the most important drugs and the exceptions for infections..but for minor issues I've had success with Echineaca.

The 12 most Dangerous Prescription Drugs...
I would just like to point out that many of the drugs on that list are critical, and despite the opinion of the article's author, doctors do know how to use them. Anyone taking any of those drugs should consult with the prescribing physician before stopping them.

For example, it would be foolish to substitute an OTC supplement for a blood thinner. The result could be catastrophic.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I would just like to point out that many of the drugs on that list are critical, and despite the opinion of the article's author, doctors do know how to use them. Anyone taking any of those drugs should consult with the prescribing physician before stopping them.

For example, it would be foolish to substitute an OTC supplement for a blood thinner. The result could be catastrophic.
Agree.

Outrageous and dangerous to even suggest that would be a good idea.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Since conventional medicine has no idea of what alternatives can do, they know nothing else but their drugs. Their minds are so closed to anything but pharma drugs.

There is a whole other world of healing out there.

Everyone do Your Own Thinking and Research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine