Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 08:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Toe nail fungus over a year. OTC stuff didn't work. One cost 30.00 and was a waste of money. Finally went to the doctor. Says there is a prescription medication taken over an eight month period. Because there is a chance that this med can cause liver damage I'd have to have a blood test once per month for eight months. Says there is also a med that is used in cancer treatment with a side effect of curing nail fungus. It costs 500.00 bucks for a single prescription. I give up.
Oil of oregano. Coat the nail, nail bed and under the nail. Every day till it's gone.

Can get it at any vitamin/supplement store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 11:41 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Treating toenail fungus:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072730/

Oil of oregano:

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpre...il-of-oregano/

Old 06-25-2018, 06:13 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
And I can post an article on every drug you PROMOTE -- let's face you, that's what you do here all day, market and promote and champion and gleefully rave about every drug that is sold here in the USA -- about someone that had severe side effects or was killed by it.

Oil of oregano works.

To the OP: Try oil of oregano. You'll see. And no one has ever died from it. /shrug/

Report back your success with it. Give it at least a week.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Doesn't work....has never been shown to work....if it does "work" you didn't have toenail fungus (onychomycosis) to begin with...

As added bonus Potassium permanganate is caustic and will stain skin and nails turning them brown....essentially trading one cosmetic deformity for another ( although "trade" is generous since again...doesn't work)
say what you will.....it worked for us.

Do you really think there's a comparison between athletes foot or toe nail fungus.... to a stain that washes off within a day or two of non-use???
The stain doesn't last, so no, it doesn't permanently "turning them brown" your feet.
I used pottassium permanganate just the other day while doing some really coooool science experiments with the grandchildren.
It's nothing to be afraid of....no more so than bleach or a multitude of other commonly used household products.
I would definitely give it a try were I having a problem with toe-nail fungus or athletes foot.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And I can post an article on every drug you PROMOTE -- let's face you, that's what you do here all day, market and promote and champion and gleefully rave about every drug that is sold here in the USA -- about someone that had severe side effects or was killed by it.

Oil of oregano works.

To the OP: Try oil of oregano. You'll see. And no one has ever died from it. /shrug/

Report back your success with it. Give it at least a week.
oil of oregano is fantastic stuff...I agree with your post.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 557 times
You could try soaking your feet in bleach or tea tree oil. You really have to dilute the bleach though because it can be pretty harsh on your skin and toes. I prefer tea tree oil because its more refreshing on my feet and does smell a lot better.

Also someone mentioned oil of oregano above, it definitely works. I used a blend of essential oils that comes from a company called Zane Hellas. I read about it here >[url]https://toefungusjourney.com/[/url]

The real key to treating toenail fungus is just being consistent with whatever remedy you choose to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine