Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 10:20 AM

10,062 posts, read 14,430,706 times

Advertisements

Wanted to share a success story I've had using these herbs/alternative pills.

Earlier this year, I reached a point with my own health where I was feeling cloudy in my thinking, aching joints and muscles constantly, very low energy, and indigestion/overall stomach cramping.

In April this year, almost every time I would eat a meal, I had cramping on my left side, as if I could feel the food having trouble moving through my system, followed by bloating and really bad indigestion--every meal. Then, to make matters worse, I started getting tingling and a bit of numbness every couple of days in my feet and hands. I was like what the hell is going on?

I've always been healthy most of my adult life, and work out 4-5 days per week. Over the past few years, I've not worked out as often, but still go 2-3 days per week. However, what was different from summer of 2017 until spring of 2018, was that I had been eating fast food at least once almost every day, drinking 2 or 3 sodas everyday, and having way, way more sugar in almost everything I consumed, daily.

So I went to the doctor in April, and my liver enzymes were "slightly high," and I was listed as "possibly pre-diabetic." I was prescribed Gabapentin for my feet tingling/numbness and told to "lay off alcohol, smoking (which I never have done), and "any trigger foods" for a few weeks. They scheduled a follow-up for me in early July.

So, me being the research me that I am, found Milk Thistle and Turmeric articles galore online--and bought some. I've been taking a 1,000 mg daily Milk Thistle since late April, as well as a daily 500 mg Turmeric capsule as well.

Suffice it to say, I went back to the doctor 2 weeks ago and my liver enzymes are completely normal, and so is my risk for diabetes and my blood pressure, sugar levels are extremely healthy. The doctor said he was "very surprised" at the result. I told him what I did and he just said, well that's great, but be careful of internet remedies. HAHA, uhm ok doc, whatever, man.

Bottom line, I feel amazing now. My thinking is clear, I have tons of energy, my digestion issues are GONE, I have no aches in my joints and I'm back up to 5 days a week working out. And I've lost 12 pounds.

The Milk Thistle and Turmeric combo works!! Give it a shot to detox the liver and energize your life again.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 10:49 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
OP: Good, stick with your success. I've been taking Milk Thistle probably for 15 yrs and just recently got a new product which is a complex and I like it. Turmeric is a necessary too.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:51 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,293 times
Quote:
However, what was different from summer of 2017 until spring of 2018, was that I had been eating fast food at least once almost every day, drinking 2 or 3 sodas everyday, and having way, way more sugar in almost everything I consumed, daily.
If you've stopped doing this, it's the reason for your improvement.

Not saying that milk thistle and turmeric don't have their uses but in this case doesn't seem so.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:05 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Milk thistle is wonderful for protecting the liver.

Your liver enzymes probably would have gone back to normal and your other symptoms would have disappeared too as long as you stopped that awful eating pattern of sodas and junk food. But keep up the improved diet and maybe you'll want to check and see how much (if any) milk thistle and turmeric you should be taking now that your numbers are normal. Congratulations on your much improved health and thanks for sharing.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
If you've stopped doing this, it's the reason for your improvement.

Not saying that milk thistle and turmeric don't have their uses but in this case doesn't seem so.
Yeah, I stopped MOST of that. I still have the occasional fast food, the occasional soda. I cut most of my sugar down.

The slowing down of fast food/sodas/sugar intake certainly was not the only reason my health improved, but it was part of the detox process.

The Milk Thistle/Turmeric stopped most everything I was suffering from. I have zero numbness and tingling now, no joint pain, no digestive issues at all and a lot more energy.

Also, what cracks me up about the whole physician visit was him approaching my improved health with total doubt and skepticism. Meanwhile, his treatment was primarily focused on wanting to mostly only treat the symptom of my health issues--drugs and more drugs

Old 07-26-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Milk thistle is wonderful for protecting the liver.

Your liver enzymes probably would have gone back to normal and your other symptoms would have disappeared too as long as you stopped that awful eating pattern of sodas and junk food. But keep up the improved diet and maybe you'll want to check and see how much (if any) milk thistle and turmeric you should be taking now that your numbers are normal. Congratulations on your much improved health and thanks for sharing.
Thank you! It's really been an amazing thing for me. The positive change is impressive.

A couple of my friends have mentioned too that my eyes look more bright and clear, and I don't look tired. Win all around.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:19 PM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah, I stopped MOST of that. I still have the occasional fast food, the occasional soda. I cut most of my sugar down.
Good!

Quote:
The slowing down of fast food/sodas/sugar intake certainly was not the only reason my health improved, but it was part of the detox process.

The Milk Thistle/Turmeric stopped most everything I was suffering from. I have zero numbness and tingling now, no joint pain, no digestive issues at all and a lot more energy.
Maybe that had something to do with clearing up your neuropathy but it is a common symptom with diabetes, so it could be attributable to improving your diet which reversed your pre-diabetic condition.
Quote:
Also, what cracks me up about the whole physician visit was him approaching my improved health with total doubt and skepticism. Meanwhile, his treatment was primarily focused on wanting to mostly only treat the symptom of my health issues--drugs and more drugs
Sounds like some MDs I know who would rather attribute success to a spontaneous event rather than to anything the patients did on their own.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Good!

Maybe that had something to do with clearing up your neuropathy but it is a common symptom with diabetes, so it could be attributable to improving your diet which reversed your pre-diabetic condition.
Sounds like some MDs I know who would rather attribute success to a spontaneous event rather than to anything the patients did on their own.
Yes, it's been a great discovery what these plants can do, and helped me out tremendously.

Most MDs today mean well of course, but big pharma push and profits seem to get in the way of physicians actually providing healing solutions, many times. ugh

Old 08-25-2018, 08:34 AM

3,689 posts, read 2,410,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Wanted to share a success story I've had using these herbs/alternative pills.

......The Milk Thistle and Turmeric combo works!! Give it a shot to detox the liver and energize your life again.
Thanks for sharing.

I've been taking Milk Thistle (Silymarin) for years because I'm a drinker. And people that eat processed foods and breath pollution should take it also. The Romans and Chinese took it.

I take Turmeric and it does work - the data is clear.

Remember!

Take Turmeric with just a little black pepper - it will increase the effectiveness of Turmeric (Curcumin) by 1000% to 2000%.

Fact.

Cheers.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:53 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,060 times
Congrats on your success, OP! Glad you decided to be pro active about your health instead of just going the script route. Only treating the symptom doesn’t get to the root cause the way preventive medicine can. Stories like this, is why I continue to see naturopath’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine