Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 04:05 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardenel View Post
That's great to know, does one of your books tell when to take Apple Cider Vinegar so you don't wash away any vitamin supplements?? Because I sure can't find the answer online

No, ACV is not an herbal remedy or an essential oil.

It's a home or folk remedy, so you might try resources for those remedies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 05:23 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
Just picked up an a copy of Bernie Siegel M.D.'s book: Peace, Love & Healing. (copyright 1989).

What a wise, wise man. Enjoying every word of it.

The Body-Mind connection is so very powerful and often ignored in the Western mode of Medicine...

Old 01-02-2019, 09:51 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Do you have reference book, or textbook, recommendations for any alternative methods?

Here are a few that have been useful to me:

Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine, David Hoffman

Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine, Andrew Chevalier

The Green Pharmacy, James A. Duke

The Green Pharmacy Guide to Healing Foods, James A. Duke

Herbs, An Illustrated Encyclopedia, Kathi Keville

Herbs for Health and Healing, Kathi Keville

Herbal Medicine, Dian Dincin Buchman

The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy, Valerie Ann Worwood

The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Julia Lawless

A couple more

Adaptogens in Medical Herbalism: Elite Herbs and Natural Compounds for Mastering Stress, Aging, and Chronic Disease, Donald R. Yance

Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina and Stress Relief, David Winston and Steven Maimes

Old 02-11-2019, 11:56 AM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Not a book, but a website I just love. [ earthclinic dot com ]

When Mom was in the nursing home for the last time, her room mate had COPD and was in the bed, sleeping or on her nebulizer...and I asked her if she was willing to try something else, and she was.

So when I got home I went there to see what the reco was for COPD....one of the recos was apple-cider-vinegar, great , I had some so I just gifted her a baggy full of AVC capsules they work.

Anyways I told her how many to take and how often . So in about 10 days, she was out of bed and walking around like she owned the place, it was a sight to witness for yourself. Needless to say I was quite pleased it helped her.

Shortly after, I took Mom home, and don't know the rest of the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine