Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 04:54 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

I would surely question WHY the gross overeating of peanut cups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 05:31 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,258,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, I did. Basically, and there's more to it, I just couldn't stop eating them. And I was tired. That usually adds into my overeating. I had been on a candy binge for some time, but this is (was) the last time ever, I'm sure.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:49 PM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I truly am very sorry to hear about your stroke. But you think it was the pumpkin pie? Actually, I'm not surprised even if you're kidding, because when I grossly, and I mean grossly, overate the Reese's peanut butter cups a few weeks ago leading to my vomiting, foaming at the mouth, excruciating long-lasting abdominal pain, and diarrhea (couldn't make it to the toilet) after that, I was awfully constipated for weeks. And now so I am looking to put my body back into some sort of digestive shape, if possible. I hope you are feeling better...
I have taken various laxatives, added All-bran cereal, and today for the first time, after weeks, along with laxatives, am beginning to maybe (question mark) get back into some semblance of digestive efficacy. We'll see.

Yes, like I said, the pumpkin pie was the enabler/catalyst, but the pathetic circulation was the why, but the the pie pushed me over the cliff, so to speak

and believe it or not I ended up driving there myself stroke and all, cuz when I was out to get some food to eat I tried to have a cab take me, but his skills at english were as good as my skills were at knowing what to do, no skills

I gave it the good old college try but, it was like a 3 stooges gag, just had to finally give up and go myself, and so I did, and they only kept me 2 weeks, but I was lots better

AND I got my own peanut butter cups story, I know they're not good for me, but I just had to have my fix, but I went overboard, and the proof was a friend of mine drives a battleship a denali, and I could barely get myself up there into the front seat, I was WEAK from too much PB-cups, I couldn't believe it.

Just add it to my list of learning experiences.....I don't binge like that no more !!! It was before the stroke..
surprised that stupid move didn't push me over the edge like the pie did. Watch out, a sweet tooth does have consequences for sure, as you know.....

Old 07-13-2019, 08:52 PM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

You don't have a sweet tooth, good thing too.....

Old 07-13-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post

I believe that episode with peanut butter cups finally did it for me. True that I still have a struggle eating less, but I am now watching some of my friends who have diabetes not understand or care much about cutting out white flour, refined processed foods, etc. I believe I have finally in my old-er age, learned a lesson.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:29 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post

Quote:
I believe that episode with peanut butter cups finally did it for me. True that I still have a struggle eating less, but I am now watching some of my friends who have diabetes not understand or care much about cutting out white flour, refined processed foods, etc. I believe I have finally in my old-er age, learned a lesson.
I feel your all’s pain, I really do. I used to binge out on sweets to the same degree and nice to know I wasn’t alone in this. Cindy, be glad you got off with such a light and reversible warning. Kenny had a stroke and I ended up with a cancer dx at the ripe young age of 54. One of the reasons that overconsumption of sweets is so bad for your health is because it affects your liver in much the same way that alcohol does. Look up non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. The good news is that the liver can regenerate after a hit like that but you have to stop eating sweets. Treat it like alcoholism and go cold turkey. I know it sounds depressing now but it’s well worth it and you stop missing them after a while. Do not listen to well meaning people who tell you that you can eat them in moderation! You know dam well that you can’t, no more than an alcoholic can stop after one drink.

As for the master cleanse, are you talking about the lemonade made with maple syrup? I haven’t done that but know some folks who swear by it. I just do plain old fashioned fasting and have found it very healing. A bit of lemon squeezed into water every day during the fast or not during a fast is good but I skip the syrup as I want to be very careful to not wake up those old cravings.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I feel your all’s pain, I really do. I used to binge out on sweets to the same degree and nice to know I wasn’t alone in this. Cindy, be glad you got off with such a light and reversible warning. Kenny had a stroke and I ended up with a cancer dx at the ripe young age of 54. One of the reasons that overconsumption of sweets is so bad for your health is because it affects your liver in much the same way that alcohol does. Look up non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. The good news is that the liver can regenerate after a hit like that but you have to stop eating sweets. Treat it like alcoholism and go cold turkey. I know it sounds depressing now but it’s well worth it and you stop missing them after a while. Do not listen to well meaning people who tell you that you can eat them in moderation! You know dam well that you can’t, no more than an alcoholic can stop after one drink.

As for the master cleanse, are you talking about the lemonade made with maple syrup? I haven’t done that but know some folks who swear by it. I just do plain old fashioned fasting and have found it very healing. A bit of lemon squeezed into water every day during the fast or not during a fast is good but I skip the syrup as I want to be very careful to not wake up those old cravings.
Since that time that I had that painful and who-knows-what episode, I have stopped eating sweets. I hardly have a craving, so far it's been about 5 weeks. The thought of gooey cake and ice cream and other sweets no longer entice me, especially when I think of all the sweet ingredients in them. I can pass them by now and think, that used to be me but it isn't any more. I believe also it is a result of prayer because I knew I was out of control.
That being said, I was going over my medical chart and see that I have been diagnosed with fatty liver in the past, a few years before this incident. Non-alcoholic. As far as the master cleanse goes, yes, it's with lemon and maple syrup. I don't think I'll try it, not because I'm afraid of the maple syrup, but I just don't think I'll try it right now. https://themastercleanse.org/
In general right now, I'm drinking lots of water, taking probiotics and a couple of senna tablets each day, also Phillips milk of magnesia caplets and seeing how that works.
When you do fasting, how do you do it? How many days do you fast?

Old 07-15-2019, 04:46 AM

OK silly me... I went back and read the link and it is indeed what I thought. My problem with this is the amount of sugar. 2 tablespoons of maple syrup per cup and up to 18 cups per day equals 36 tablespoons of syrup! No I would not do this as a sugar junkie. It’s true that maple syrup is natural but sugar is sugar and sounds like the OP at least is trying to get off the sugar binges.

Now, I don’t want to come off as a know-it-all but I haves lots of experience with this. As I stated above, I’m a sugar and white flour junkie and have to be very careful not to wake the old girl up. Lemon juice and cayenne sounds fine but I’d skip the syrup. I know the instructions warn you not to but the author probably never got sick off peanut butter cups either, lol.

If you want to clean your body and reset back to factory settings then a plain old fast is the best but you’ll need to work up to it or you’ll be unsuccessful. Try intermittent fasting first...wait till noon for the first meal and not past six for the last one. That’s a six hour eating window. Over the next couple of weeks, shrink the window down to 2 hours and also reduce carbs to 50 or less. Then decide how long you want to fast. Most people choose three days for a beginner fast but you can decide. I did a 21 day once and I’ll not lie...it was difficult but at least I was off work for the summer and could do it. Others don’t struggle that much and can work right thru.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
That being said, I was going over my medical chart and see that I have been diagnosed with fatty liver in the past, a few years before this incident. Non-alcoholic.
Some herbs to help fix the liver are dandelion root and milk thistle. You can take them as supplements or get a liver cleansing tea. I think I’ve even seen them at Walmart in the tea and coffee section. One woman I met once swore that dandelion root cured her cancer.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OK silly me... I went back and read the link and it is indeed what I thought. My problem with this is the amount of sugar. 2 tablespoons of maple syrup per cup and up to 18 cups per day equals 36 tablespoons of syrup! No I would not do this as a sugar junkie. It’s true that maple syrup is natural but sugar is sugar and sounds like the OP at least is trying to get off the sugar binges.

Now, I don’t want to come off as a know-it-all but I haves lots of experience with this. As I stated above, I’m a sugar and white flour junkie and have to be very careful not to wake the old girl up. Lemon juice and cayenne sounds fine but I’d skip the syrup. I know the instructions warn you not to but the author probably never got sick off peanut butter cups either, lol.

If you want to clean your body and reset back to factory settings then a plain old fast is the best but you’ll need to work up to it or you’ll be unsuccessful. Try intermittent fasting first...wait till noon for the first meal and not past six for the last one. That’s a six hour eating window. Over the next couple of weeks, shrink the window down to 2 hours and also reduce carbs to 50 or less. Then decide how long you want to fast. Most people choose three days for a beginner fast but you can decide. I did a 21 day once and I’ll not lie...it was difficult but at least I was off work for the summer and could do it. Others don’t struggle that much and can work right thru.
My big problem is at night. That's when the trouble begins. I'll try working on it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine