Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 02:44 AM

28 posts, read 15,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
Yes that's exactly my problem. I'm not the greatest cook and I like to do meal prep in advance on Sundays so I have it for the week (I work full time and get home late and usually do the gym so it's tough to cook during weekdays)... i feel like a lot of the keto meals aren't meal prep-able... it's usually like steak, sausage, burgers... those don't hold up well over 4 days.

Thoughts?
Have you tried to make eggs? I mean omelets, or fry eggs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 11:21 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodC View Post
Have you tried to make eggs? I mean omelets, or fry eggs?

Yes, read some of my other responses. I actually eat quite a bit of eggs - about 3 a day and i actually suspect them to be part of my issue since my issues popped up around the time i started making 3 eggs everyday for breakfast.

I'm actually going to eliminate them and see how I feel.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:28 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I don't know if I adhere to strict keto. I do eat ver low carb, higher fat and higher protein. I don't eat processed food. I make my own dressings and mayo and, really, it's not hard. I suspect my protein is a little too high for keto and my fat a little too high for atkins.

I can tell you this: I avoid sugar and simple carbs. A brief list of foods I eat: eggs, avocado, mayo, butter, cheese, tons of non starchy veggies (I stir fry or make salads), chicken, beef, nuts and seeds. I actually eat more veggies than I've ever eaten before. I drink lots of water, some coffee, the occasional diet cola, and occasional alcoholic drink.

I did need to lose weight and I have. I'm not sure if my health improvements are because of weight loss or diet. I can tell you prior to losing weight, all of my numbers were okay except for inflammation. My inflammation has gone down. I don't have skin issues anymore, my joint pain is pretty much gone, my mental clarity is much improved and I just feel better. My energy is thru the roof. I'm more positive, too. I'm not hungry. For me that is huge because I was always hungry before.

I have lost weight other ways and I didn't get as many positive effects as I'm having now. For one thing, I always felt run-down and hungry on other eating plans.

If I eat sugar or carbs now, I feel really ill. I get sluggish and I'm starving. Like, I could eat an entire cake starving. It's not worth it to me. I still really like the taste of the junk, though.

I have been eating this way since Christmas Day 2018. It was actually my Christmas present to myself. I plan to continue indefinitely.

If you have the time, can you please tell me what you ate for like a solid week - breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Old 10-09-2019, 01:02 PM

7,126 posts, read 12,667,756 times
My suggestion is try a few weeks without the eggs, dairy, and wheat.

I find wheat products cause many of the symptoms you have--I'm not celiac but I think I am gluten-sensitive.

A good breakfast you can make ahead of time is overnight oats. There are a lot of recipes on line. I make mine with almond milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped almonds, a bit of vanilla flavoring, and a sweetener of your choice such as honey, maple syrup, or stevia. Serve in the morning with fresh fruit such as chopped apple, blueberries, or red grapes...and a bit more almond milk

I make two servings at once--equal parts almond milk and oatmeal 1/2 cup each). Put all in a jar or canister with a sealing lid and shake it up well. Refrigerate for a day or overnight...no cooking--and delicious..you can take with you to work, too

PS read the book Wheat Belly about modern wheat, and the health issues...

Old 10-09-2019, 02:43 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I don't know about the Keto diet but I avoid wheat and use non gluten most of the time. OP: Sounds to me like you need some powerful antioxidants as feeling the way you say you do is not fun and it sounds like you are pretty young. Brain fog alone in my estimation can be gotten rid of with antioxidants. I'm 81 and never had the brain fog, keep waiting for it, but it does not come...

Old 02-24-2020, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
I've had a list of weird symptoms that I've developed over the past 2-3 years. My blood tests at my doctor have all come back completely normal. I'm the spitting image of health according to my bloodwork yet I feel crappy majority of the time. And just to note, I'm NOT overweight - I'm 5'5" and 127 pounds.

Some of the symptoms I've had that have just appeared out of nowhere are the following:
- puffy face and puffy eyelids

- acne, especially some cystic acne along my chin
- little bit of acne on my upper back
- sinus issues especially at night, my nose just gets stuffy at night for some reason
- insomnia
- oral thrush - white coating on tongue
- fatigue and brain fog
- painful periods and painful ovulation

The biggest thing that triggered my thoughts on this is the puffy face/eyelids. I was looking at pictures of myself now compared to a few years ago and I had such a healthier looking face, just like... thinner and not inflamed i guess is the best way to describe it. And again, it's not that i have to lose weight, I'm a healthy weight... it's something else. Something just feels "off". And the pics side by side of my puffy eyelids show quite a dramatic difference IMO.

Several people have recommended doing the keto diet and it seems like it's some magical diet that will cure you of all your miscellaneous ailments, so curious what you guys think or if anyone here has tried it.

Are you still on keto diet? I have done it a several times and just like you i felt very restricted from the beginning. It takes some time to learn what you can and not can eat. Personally i feel that its all about to find food that it similar to ”the real stuff” and learn about fibers and polyols, because some carbs doesn’t counts as carbs. 

If you have a problem with your meal plans, check out this link shorturl.at/pGZ68
They customize meal plans from your personal situation and goals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine