Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:46 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
A lot of "I would not visit Mexico today" posts. Must be all the hype people watch on American news outlets. Thankfully Europeans don't buy it, as they are still visiting in droves and getting to know the best of Mexico, from Cancun/Mayan Riviera, to Oaxaca, Guanajuato and Guadalajara. All the places I named are way safer than New Orleans, and yet it wouldn't stop people from going to Mardi Gras.

[url=http://howsafeismexico.com/compare_mexico_us_cities.html]Mexico vs US Cities - How Safe Is Mexico[/url]
I think its a good thing- you want more cultured and well informed tourists visiting the country.

This has been weeding out alot of disrespectful people who would just go to get drunk and party. Also, cities are changing their focus and not catering to these crowds anymore. A good example is Tijuana. People stopped going, now they are developing alot of art, literature and food festivals for locals instead. Now the tourists that go are more cultured people.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:03 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,487,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I think its a good thing- you want more cultured and well informed tourists visiting the country.

This has been weeding out alot of disrespectful people who would just go to get drunk and party. Also, cities are changing their focus and not catering to these crowds anymore. A good example is Tijuana. People stopped going, now they are developing alot of art, literature and food festivals for locals instead. Now the tourists that go are more cultured people.
...and a great microbrew beer culture akin to the one in San Diego. Plus the music scene in Tijuana/Baja is hugely underrated, both in the states and Mexico. I spent Saturday in downtown LA listening to a (what I call) 'electronic cumbia' band from Tijuana. So good. Tijuana is embracing its North American mix of Mexican and American culture, and really maturing as a city in the best ways possible.

http://www.laweekly.com/squidink/201...and-craft-beer

Craft Beer in Tijuana

"The New Tijuana Cool" “Sigue La Violencia!” Meet the Kids of Mexico’s Ruidosón Nation | MTV IGGY
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas