Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,246,659 times

Advertisements

MrPilot ( aka: Mr Los Condes )

I've been calling him on his bull and now he's taking it personally and being petty. Knows nothing about latin america, lived for 6 years in Chile, was too good to learn the language...posts nothing but useless statistics, nothing from experience.....of course because he has none to share....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Not Latin America.
Belize is a Latin American country.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 AM

881 posts, read 922,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post

I've been calling him on his bull and now he's taking it personally and being petty. Knows nothing about latin america, lived for 6 years in Chile, was too good to learn the language...posts nothing but useless statistics, nothing from experience.....of course because he has none to share....
Statistics are much more reliable than subjective experience (on which we don't even know if you are being sincere, or to which degree you are "distorting" what you saw and what you remember). Subjective experience is haphazard, incomplete.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:09 AM

491 posts, read 753,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post

If you're so ANTI statistics then I would suggest perhaps you to leave this forum as it is, after all, a forum about hard statistics....aka "data" hence the word "data" in the forum name.

Also, only ignorant and arrogant pricks would state the level of knowledge of other people. Now take your arrogant comments and negativity in every single post of yours and GTFO, friggin hater.

Regarding my understanding of latin america, I have already answered all your "questions"... including speaking spanish. Oh why do you keep calling me " mr las condes" ? Do I call you "redneck" in every post?

Old 03-24-2015, 10:26 AM

491 posts, read 753,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
Statistics are much more reliable than subjective experience (on which we don't even know if you are being sincere, or to which degree you are "distorting" what you saw and what you remember). Subjective experience is haphazard, incomplete.
According to that prick, Chile is a hellhole where only 1% of the richest can go to a bar or nightclub or hang out on the beach. The rest live in complete poverty, no real houses and forget health care or even education. This is forcing Chileans to leave in hordes to Argentina. Futhermore, according to him, Argentina is worse than El Salvador and Honduras combined in regards to crime. There is basically an african standard to it's health care. Only the rich can access useful higher education... Everything sucks in other words... at least if you're Eric.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:26 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,246,659 times
Still whining...

Old 03-24-2015, 04:14 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
If you're so ANTI statistics then I would suggest perhaps you to leave this forum as it is, after all, a forum about hard statistics....aka "data" hence the word "data" in the forum name.

Also, only ignorant and arrogant pricks would state the level of knowledge of other people. Now take your arrogant comments and negativity in every single post of yours and GTFO, friggin hater.

Regarding my understanding of latin america, I have already answered all your "questions"... including speaking spanish. Oh why do you keep calling me " mr las condes" ? Do I call you "redneck" in every post?
You guys are taking this board way too seriously, there really is no need to insult people or run them off the board.

I think both points of view are valid.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:10 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Uruguay or Argentina.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:17 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
You guys are taking this board way too seriously, there really is no need to insult people or run them off the board.

I think both points of view are valid.
I agree, we can all have different points of view that are still valid for you. My perspective is going to be different from EOT because my experiences have been different, but I respect his point of view especially because he has experienced Chile and Argentina in a way I never will. No need to get personal especially on what should be a non confrontational informational board.

As a side note, I am in Machu Picchu right now and man, this place and the Sacred Valley is awesome!!

Old 03-25-2015, 05:58 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quebec could be considered part of Latin America. If Quebec were independent, it would be my first choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas