Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 08:33 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
^I like it, I like it!

"The pimp with the limp" lol, haha. I know of dj laz from my days in California. I don't know how popular he really was, but that particular song did get some radio play back in the very early 90s and an older cousin of mine had that cassette single and used play it in his car all the time, lol.
Fun yes ... Cheesy YES! I am hoping this type of dancing was for the sole purpose of exercise . That man' hips and feet where on fire lol. Dances like that are why I prefer Reggaeton .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 09:17 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Fun yes ... Cheesy YES! I am hoping this type of dancing was for the sole purpose of exercise . That man' hips and feet where on fire lol. Dances like that are why I prefer Reggaeton :shocked:.
Oh I see, You prefer a more open format, open to your own artistic interpretation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGTeBazHjyM

Old 07-02-2016, 10:19 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
LOL you know DJ Laz? I thought he was only famous here in Miami. He had a morning radio show for 22 years. "The pimp with the Limp"

He used to borrow a lot of lines from older songs, like the opening of this song. "Si tu pasas por mi casa"
[youtube]8kOhoO86FtE[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOhoO86FtE[/url]
I remembering hearing that 'Mami el negro' song on the radio in California. I was more into rock back then, but now I appreciate alot of this 90's dance music.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:27 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I remembering hearing that 'Mami el negro' song on the radio in California. I was more into rock back then, but now I appreciate alot of this 90's dance music.
Yeah it was a pretty big hit. So was the afro Rican song I posted. I don't like the remix Fergie did of it. House music was pretty popular back then too. It's interesting becuase I was into a bit of rock too a lot of Hispanic kids I knew were metal heads back then.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:00 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Yeah it was a pretty big hit. So was the afro Rican song I posted. I don't like the remix Fergie did of it. House music was pretty popular back then too. It's interesting becuase I was into a bit of rock too a lot of Hispanic kids I knew were metal heads back then.
I was into punk, new wave and classic rock, which was pretty popular in my area. Then I rode the rock en español wave when it started- Soda Stereo, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Caifanes, etc...I even met Juanes when he wasn't famous and in his old band Ekhymosis. Lol

My husband is a metalhead, poor guy was always trying to get me to go see Sepultura and some other popular metal acts- I don't like it though. Only Black Sabbath and the initial metal bands. I think he gave up. Lol

Old 07-02-2016, 11:18 AM

107 posts, read 107,780 times
Quote:
Weren't groups like los van van and Irakere also supported by the government? I think los van vans had a few potlical songs too.

Irakere, originally, yes, they have to be approved or they don't exist.

Van Van was originally a propaganda band composed by confidents..."los 10 millones van van". That's why they don't like them in Miami and some people in Cuba.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkqDDlUFPMo

Old 07-02-2016, 11:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKo...eSy12WpNDnW6u5

Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Los Flippers
Bogota

Old 07-03-2016, 12:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Oh I see, You prefer a more open format, open to your own artistic interpretation?
LOL what's next? American Idol contestants? William Hung's "she bangs" and Keith Beukelaer's "like a virgin"

I never heard this song in Miami ever, but in Spain in its day was played over and over, horrible but funny LOL

"No me llames Dolores, llamame Lola, la que siempre va sola por Barcelona buscando f..lon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktwXDCTmcoQ

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 07-03-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas