Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 07:49 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,432,907 times

Advertisements

For a canadian? Not too much!

From Banff to Quebec I checked and it's about 6h flight including transit in Toronto or Montreal, from Calgary. So we have to add the transfer from Banff to Calgary...
I think they worth, but not a trip to do frequently!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:53 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,321,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Depends on where. Winters in certain parts are mild. In Toronto it is not as bad as other places. Also lots to do in doors and outdoors in the winter. I think Americans especially show come visit Canada now due to exchange rate. You will get you check us out at a bargan price,
Oh by mild winters I would think of something like Rio de Janeiro or Lima, not Vancouveer or Toronto I will think about visiting Canada soon

Old 06-14-2016, 09:34 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
The Grand Canyon (and the southwestern U.S. if possible). Breathtaking scenery. I'm also interested in the spiritual dimension of the area's history.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:43 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times
Default Lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I've always been very curious about Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. It seems like such an otherworldly place.
I have never heard of either of these places. Now that I looked them up now I am pretty certain I am not interested ! Snow .. snow .. snow.. and Penguins... I liked Argentina a lot better when all I knew about it was football, Evita, Tango and Buenos Aires ! Looks pretty, but if I want to freeze my butt off I can do it right where I am at !

Old 06-14-2016, 12:06 PM

Default Lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
For a canadian? Not too much!

From Banff to Quebec I checked and it's about 6h flight including transit in Toronto or Montreal, from Calgary. So we have to add the transfer from Banff to Calgary...
I think they worth, but not a trip to do frequently!!
This is why as a Canadian I don't travel in Canada. If I get on a flight I want to see something new and exciting. In six hours I could be in Colombia. So checking out some mountains in my own country for me is not as exciting. For someone else maybe, but just from my perspective I would rather be in a different country. I a freinds from Costa Rica and her husband is Colombian and they live is Western Canada and love going Camping and seeing all these parts of the country. When I was in Costa Rica I was going to the National Parks and she said she had never done that type of stuff in Costa Rica. I guess for me at least I tend to appreciate things that are further out of reach ex in another country rather then places that techniqually should be easier for me to get to ex like places in my own country. The places you have mentioned are beatiful, but I am more interesting in going where you are (want to switch places for a few weeks ).

Old 06-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Oh by mild winters I would think of something like Rio de Janeiro or Lima, not Vancouveer or Toronto I will think about visiting Canada soon
Ya .. I am sure the weather in Rio de Janeiro or Lima is a lot milder then Toronto or Vancouver at any time of year !

Old 06-14-2016, 12:10 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
The Grand Canyon (and the southwestern U.S. if possible). Breathtaking scenery. I'm also interested in the spiritual dimension of the area's history.
This place seems cool. Have you seen the TV show National Park Secrets And Legends

National Park Secrets And Legends - Travel and Escape

They have an episode on the Grand Canyon. It was pretty cool. Lots of interesting Legends around this area.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:18 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
A mild winter in Rio is like a regular San Diego day- the Sun is out, warm all day, slightly chilly at night, but you can still wear flip flops.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:50 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,694,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I have never heard of either of these places. Now that I looked them up now I am pretty certain I am not interested ! Snow .. snow .. snow.. and Penguins... I liked Argentina a lot better when all I knew about it was football, Evita, Tango and Buenos Aires ! Looks pretty, but if I want to freeze my butt off I can do it right where I am at !
I like going to places most people haven't heard of or aren't popular. There is always something surprising and new that few tourists know about and plus I really try to avoid crowds as much as I can

Old 06-14-2016, 03:48 PM

Default Love my flip flops :)!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
A mild winter in Rio is like a regular San Diego day- the Sun is out, warm all day, slightly chilly at night, but you can still wear flip flops.
Honestly my favourite part of any weather above 10 degrees C is the freedom to have flip flops on (without risk of loosing your toes to frost bite)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas